Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2010, 01:29 AM
Administrator

Default 2011 Quimera Abante Qh (PHEV)

One year after boldly expanding its global focus with the simultaneous debuts of the Abante Touring and Diesel Sport (DS) line, Quimera has chosen the same venue—Geneva’s Salon International de l’Auto—as the stage from which to launch its most ambitious and innovative production model to date: the Abante Qh plug-in hybrid electric vehicle.

The culmination of a tireless effort to optimize performance and economy while compromising neither, the Abante Qh incorporates an array of Quimera’s most sophisticated technologies, and stands at the vanguard of the “green performance” revolution. The heart of the Abante Qh is a domestically-sourced 22kWh/200kW Lithium-Ion battery pack, capable of propelling the car more than 40 miles under pure electric power from a mere five hours of low-cost at-home charging (via a 220v outlet). The 40+ mile (est.) battery range should, in and of itself, meet the daily needs of most urban and suburban drivers, but the Abante Qh also enjoys the flexibility of a range-extending gasoline engine, allowing 600+ miles of continuous travel. The 2.4L flat-four from the standard Abante has been detuned to 240hp and lightened considerably through the extensive use of special alloys; once activated, this motor drives a generator, seamlessly recharging the Li-Ion battery while underway. A sophisticated regenerative braking system lessens the charging burden in stop-and-go driving, and the available solar roof can power interior accessories. Through the effective synthesis of these systems the Abante Qh offers unparalleled efficiency; it is estimated that most owners will go several months without filling the tank.

Frugality can be deceiving, however, and engineers stress that the Abante Qh enjoys the stellar performance and handling dynamics expected of every Quimera. The instantaneous peak torque of the electric motor—mated to a single-speed transmission—produces a silken burst of acceleration, with 60 miles per hour arriving in 5.8 seconds. Two driving modes are selectable through the onboard QIMMS® system: “Urban” prioritizes economy by minimizing the role of the internal combustion range-extender, while “Sport” optimizes all-out performance by automatically engaging the gas engine to maintain peak charge. A lower center of gravity and carefully-tuned suspension offset the Qh’s minor weight increase over the standard Abante and provide thrilling handling at any speed.

The exterior of the Abante Qh has undergone extensive aerodynamic modification; of note are the slightly lower ride height and a thoroughly smoothed underbody. Several color choices unique to the Qh model are set off by brushed aluminum accents, while subtle “leaf” graphics in the headlights and side-mounted charging port cover signal the Qh’s environmental credentials. The menacing and popular Stealth Appearance Package will remain available on the Qh model.

Inside, the Abante Qh echoes the EcoLuxury” theme set by the Halcón Qh Hybrid, offering a myriad of eco-conscious personalization options such as renewable bamboo trim (in a variety of finishes/colors) and available organic fiber upholstery. To accommodate placement of the battery pack, the Abante Qh’s interior has been taken from five seats to four, resulting in an intimate yet spacious rear cabin with reclining rear bucket seats and a feature-laden center console (a fold-up DVD entertainment screen is optional). A lightweight, high-performance McIntosh audio system (7.1 surround) entertains occupants, and as always Quimera’s acclaimed QIMMS™ system allows the driver to intuitively control various entertainment, navigation, climate control, and performance options on the fly.

Quimera has committed itself to providing low-impact, high performance transportation solutions for a changing world, and the Abante Qh embodies this dedication in every respect. Set to launch globally in early summer of 2010, the Abante Qh will be unrivaled in its ideal blend of performance, luxury, style, and economy—a fitting flagship to the highly-acclaimed Abante line.

Abante Qh PHEV in Onice Esmeralda ("Emerald Onyx")

Abante Qh PHEV in Azul Egeo ("Aegean Blue")

Abante Qh PHEV in Rojo Mourvèdre

Abante Qh PHEV in Tormenta with Stealth Appearance Package

Old 02-27-2010, 07:45 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Looks awesome, Domino, but I'd never expect anything less from you. The car looks great, the "green" elements are incorporated superbly. I love the leaf-theme headlights; I take it they're full-LEDs?

Those wheels are fantastic, I love the bending element on the green-colored spokes. Though, personally, I'd go for the Stealth Appearance Package =D

All in all, a very attractive car and certainly the most appealing hybrid short of the Fisker Karma (which I assume this undercuts in price a tad).

Montgomery's lagged behind on hybrids, but our first dedicated model will be out at the end of the month, in time for the New York Show. Needless to say, though, it won't be nearly as sophisticated or upscale as the Abante
Old 02-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV View Post
Looks awesome, Domino, but I'd never expect anything less from you. The car looks great, the "green" elements are incorporated superbly. I love the leaf-theme headlights; I take it they're full-LEDs?
Thanks, SV! The headlights are intended to be full LED, though the effect is admittedly inaccurate (another instance of "artistic license," I suppose ;) )

Quote:
Those wheels are fantastic, I love the bending element on the green-colored spokes. Though, personally, I'd go for the Stealth Appearance Package =D
Haha, so would I I guess that's why I've included it as a variant on most of my recent models; I just like the effect.

Quote:
All in all, a very attractive car and certainly the most appealing hybrid short of the Fisker Karma (which I assume this undercuts in price a tad).
I'm glad you think so. The Karma was my chief influence/benchmark with regard to tech specs (as is probably obvious) but you're correct that the Abante Qh will enjoy a substantially lower MSRP (aided, at least in part, by higher sales volume and the largely shared components).

Quote:
Montgomery's lagged behind on hybrids, but our first dedicated model will be out at the end of the month, in time for the New York Show. Needless to say, though, it won't be nearly as sophisticated or upscale as the Abante
I'm looking forward to it! Though I must confess I'm anxiously awaiting news on Avioli. Where has that brand been??

Old 02-28-2010, 04:38 AM
Design Studio Moderator

Send a message via AIM to AXIS

WOW DoM your attention to detail is nothing short of amazing! The leaf motif is a well thought out and integrated design. Great work as usual!
Old 02-28-2010, 05:10 AM
Administrator

Thanks AXIS! Glad you like it! I was a little worried the leaf accents would come across as a little heavy-handed, but I liked them, so I'm happy they've been well-received.

Are we gonna see anything from you at Geneva?

Old 02-28-2010, 07:53 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoMiNo View Post
I'm looking forward to it! Though I must confess I'm anxiously awaiting news on Avioli. Where has that brand been??
It's still around, just going through a bit of a quiet phase while I've been focusing on Montgomery. Shannon's been through a bit of a dry spell, too, but that should end this fall for both brands; at the very least there'll be a substantially restyled Avioli Marin (not a full redo though, too early for that) and an all-new Shannon Series/Type 6. I'm still figuring out the design of the latter, too, so I could be cutting it close...then again I have all summer. Stay tuned!
Old 02-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Administrator

This fall? Does that mean you're on a total hiatus or just that Montgomery remains the focus for the foreseeable future?

Old 02-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Design Studio Moderator

Send a message via AIM to AXIS

Quote:
Are we gonna see anything from you at Geneva?
I have 3 new models coming out this year not sure if anything is going to show up at Geneva but AXIS will definitely will be showing @ the NY show.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:24 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
This fall? Does that mean you're on a total hiatus or just that Montgomery remains the focus for the foreseeable future?
Well, there won't be any new Shannon or Avioli models until the fall, yes (at any rate they'll be Paris debuts but I might post them early over the summer). I think Paris will be mostly Shannon and Avioli debuts, in fact; I don't have anything planned for Montgomery then that I can think of (maybe the new Nova minivan, but that might be pushed back). Montgomery's only been the focus because I've been redesigning the core Icon and Gyro lines.

At any rate there's nothing from Avioli or Shannon ready for Geneva, and the next major international show is Paris, so that's when all the new stuff is coming out.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:29 AM
MG MOTOR UK enthusiast!

Send a message via MSN to PRODIGY

I'm getting so used to excellence from Quimera that i'll be surprised if you designed an Aztec type car. Awesome as usual, and Clarkman look forward to rivaling you in the marketplace with the soon to be launced C.E.P range (Clarkman Executive Products)

^^^CLICK the link^^^