Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2005, 03:25 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: Well, I'll be... (spwolf)

photoshopped? the silver one is clearly longer, you can tell from comparing the rear windows. anyway, i love this car, and i'm pleased with the improvements toyota's made with their styling, inside and out (especially outside though). great job
Old 08-29-2005, 03:34 PM
CSS Veteran

how is an interior PS?
Old 08-29-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Well, I'll be... (SV)

Quote, originally posted by SV »
photoshopped? the silver one is clearly longer, you can tell from comparing the rear windows. anyway, i love this car, and i'm pleased with the improvements toyota's made with their styling, inside and out (especially outside though). great job

toyota never had different wheelbases for same car... it would be very strange.
Lots of stuff on the car is photoshopped for sure.

Then again, it does make some sense - bigger size for US market and a bit smaller for Euro... yet it would be hard to believe.

It seems that US forums love new looks, while us europeans are still undecided. Keep in mind that while in US market Rav4 always sold ok it busted the charts in Europe. Another reason it has a lot from US success story called Highlander...

Old 08-29-2005, 03:39 PM

In a way, I like it...but overall, I don't. I want the RAV4 to stay a true compact SUV, not a compact/midsize SUV, not a Highlander-esque replacement. I own an XL-7 and it's not exactly a midsize, thus making the third-row even more cramped compared to a Highlander. And the Highlander is already more cramped in the third-row compared to the Pilot! The interior seems to be pretty nice, but I'm not digging the non-flowing (non-waterfall style) center stack. No thanks, but I'll stick to my true compact SUV - the 2006 Grand Vitara.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:40 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: Well, I'll be... (spwolf)

U could be right... but i dont know we'll have to wait for photos from Toyota and/or from the Motor Shows...
Old 08-29-2005, 03:43 PM
Nondescript Member

Send a message via MSN to anonms
Default Re: (jro4566)

Haha the GV seems nice, too. It'd be interesting to see how the market turns out. Can't wait for other new compacts.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:45 PM
Nondescript Member

Send a message via MSN to anonms
Default Re: Well, I'll be... (scorpio14)

I guess I stand corrected on that climate control thing. Hahahaha. Now I'm surprised Toyota (or anyone, for that matter) would offer dual automatic climate control in a compact SUV in the US.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Re: (LEXUS FAN!)

Quote, originally posted by LEXUS FAN! »
how is an interior PS?

i explained it before - things make no sense.
- Both US and Euro version interior plastics look strange (ps'd).
- Euro steering wheel is plastic, with Nav equipped car (extremly strange)
it even has cuts on steering wheel as if where different kind of leather should be (or wood), which is what plastic wheels dont have (usually made from same mold).
- check clock - it is clearly photoshopped. Some parts around it are perfectly seen while it looks taped on.
- Nav system does not have CD/DVD/MP3 written anywhere on it (all Toyota's do). Bluetooth looks taped on
- Euro version with top equipment does not have DAC system which is what low US version has (should be other way around).
- look towards top of the dash, graining on the plastics becomes smooth
- look at the combination meter . 120 is writen over by | mark.
- are H M 00 buttons really backlighted? Doesnt seem like so in US version.
- Cant close middle vents in US version? :-)
- buttons on steering wheel are differently done in both versions, makes no sense

US version looks a lot more real than Euro one...

Old 08-29-2005, 04:05 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: Well, I'll be... (anonms)

I guess all i should wait for is whats gonna come to Australia... and hope, standard feature wise, its nuthin like what happened with the Current Rav4. With the current one Australia got all the basic stuff, no audio control on steering-wheel, no sat-nav, no leather, no climate control. whereas Europe has all of them and Japan and America had some. I shoudnt get me hopes up seeing the pictures of the European model i guess coz Australia might not get any of it and thatll REALLY suck and i'll go the the Australian Toyota Headquaters and kill um all... nah kidding, just get angry or get um to import a European on (like the Grey one) fa me.

I guess the closest to the Australian will be the Japanese version coz thatll be where ours will come from... so lets hope it looks EXACTLY like the European one (the grey one :) ).

About the size difference wit the grey one and the silver one.... i wouldnt be surprised wit the silver one is for America coz they like big.... and the grey one is for the rest of the world.

Old 08-29-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Well, I'll be... (anonms)

Quote, originally posted by anonms »
I guess I stand corrected on that climate control thing. Hahahaha. Now I'm surprised Toyota (or anyone, for that matter) would offer dual automatic climate control in a compact SUV in the US.

heh, it is not that expensive and obviously it has wow factor to it :-)