PDA

View Full Version : 2006/7 Chevy Colorado refresh

ToronadoGT
02-18-2005, 07:08 PM
Just recently, I spotted a Chevy Colorado regular cab in Maroon with a roll cage on the back of a flatbed semi. (Also, to further confuse me on this situation, another flatbed semi was following the one carring the Colorado with a Mustang prototype on the back.) Also, the truck appered to be raised a few more inches than a stock Z85 4WD Colorado. Could that truck be a protoype for a new powertrain? Something about the truck seemed to suggest that it was possble that it could have a larger engine. V-8? The Inline 6 from the Trailblazer? Also, add that people have complained that the Colorado does not offer a V-8 option to compete with the Dakota.<p>Also, if I can find the spy pics I took of the 'Stang, I'll post them.<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by anorexorcist at 6:18 PM 2/18/2005</i>

CarMattZu777
02-20-2005, 11:21 AM
It would be awesome to have the Isuzu Duramax diesel in the Colorado. Since thi Isuzu i-Series pickup is coming out in summer, and the Colorado is a copy of the Isuzu pickup, it may also have to do with that.

ToronadoGT
02-20-2005, 11:59 AM
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>CarMattZu777</b> &raquo;</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It would be awesome to have the Isuzu Duramax diesel in the Colorado. Since thi Isuzu i-Series pickup is coming out in summer, and the Colorado is a copy of the Isuzu pickup, it may also have to do with that.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I bet your probably right. Well, now GM has a trump card over the Dakota: the Dakota doesn't offer a damn diesel! I wonder if the Colorado will recieve a "Heavy Duty" sub-title?

Charger
08-22-2005, 11:53 AM
<A HREF="http://media.popularmechanics.com/images/PMX0805newcars012_large.jpg" TARGET="_blank">http://media.popularmechanics....e.jpg</A><p><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote &raquo;</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Giant tires, cut-down front end point to changes.<p>Hiding in Plain Sight<br>Apparently no one at Chevrolet thought anybody would spot this Colorado pickup as different from the rest. We did. How? First, those tires are seriously oversize, befitting something with more engine and ability than a standard five-cylinder Colorado. More important are the changes to the grille and front fascia: The lower half is cut away to allow for a steeper approach angle and more off-road capability. Finally, you can just about see a thick metal skidplate protecting the mechanicals of this truck's four-wheel-drive chassis, despite the increased ground clearance from the tires. With serious rather than glamorous wheels, it's clear that Chevy has some big plans for its Colorado pickup.<br></TD></TR></TABLE><br>source: PM

Monkey
08-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Two quick questions, and I might be completely off base...<br>Is this definitely a company vehicle, and not a private person's mods?<br>Could this be a test setup for a H3T? The tire setup looks it, and the little tow hooks up front scream Hummer to me.

FordRules
08-22-2005, 12:36 PM
H3T for mee too.I think so.Good idea monkey.

LEXUS FAN!
08-22-2005, 12:43 PM
Now that you mention H3T...you may be right b/c those fenders are very high

FordRules
08-22-2005, 12:58 PM
Has anyone thought that is someone who took a colorado and lifted it?Lol

Redline
08-22-2005, 01:19 PM
That would be my first thought, but you would think they would check that out before putting something like this up. Though it is Popular Mechanics and I've seen them make mistakes in the past, a lot.

Nodnarb
08-22-2005, 04:01 PM
I dunno. A bunch of their "mistakes" have ended up being closer than we thought. Albeit not spot on, but not a total bomb. Anywho, this pic has probably been verified as a legitimate mule by some source or they would not have otherwise bought it. Most of these publications are a bit more careful with their money than to just buy anything. I am inclined to say it is an H3 varient of some sort, given the H3 is on the Colorado platform as it stands anyway. There is something different about this besides the front bumper, big tires, and the skid plate, I just cannot place it.

Redline
08-22-2005, 05:12 PM
Come on man, its got new wheels. Sorry, that was pointless. The rear bumper has been cut down too for better departure angle it looks like, and it has toolboxes mounted on the sides of the bed. It also has aftermarket step rails on the side and a XM receiver. This truck looks very aftermarket, but the bumper work looks too good to be aftermarket. If this is a mule I would think Hummer, but if it is a mule it is their best disguise yet.

Chris_Doane
08-22-2005, 07:06 PM
Well its on a GM owned trailer.<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by CD-BP at 9:29 PM 8/22/2005</i>

prschegt
08-22-2005, 07:42 PM
This truck is actually right down the way from the GM proving grounds. I would not doubt that this is a new H3T mule going out for testing.

Monkey
08-23-2005, 05:35 AM
The other thing is if this was a true refresh, wouldn't they have redone the chrome bar going through the headlights to be more like the recent changes to the Trailblazer and Malibu?

dmax fan1
08-24-2005, 02:58 PM
The duramax doesn't fit in that chassis. It didn't fit the H2 Hummer so there is no way it fits the H3. Rule out the possibility of a V8.

LEXUS FAN!
08-24-2005, 03:10 PM
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>CD-BP</b> &raquo;</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well its on a GM owned trailer.<p><br><i>Modified by CD-BP at 9:29 PM 8/22/2005</i></TD></TR></TABLE><p>how can you tell?

FordRules
08-24-2005, 05:17 PM
good point lexus fan.Mabye the number on the side?