PDA

View Full Version : What about banned members? (FordRules)

Cozz
09-17-2006, 09:35 PM
What about banned members?<p>What we have here is an old banned member returning with a new screen name. As wrong as it may seem for opening a new screen name, by doing so FordRules did apologize for his wrong doing in the Lounge area <A HREF="http://carspyshots.net/zerothread?id=20984" TARGET="_blank">http://carspyshots.net/zerothread?id=20984</A> .<p>1, He knows his wrong doing<br>2, He apologized for it.<br>3, Promised he will never do it again.<p>For the younger crowd that loves cars yet only so many websites offer so much information with a great forum to back it up like this one. This is why they would like to come back.<p>My question is this, for a member like FordRules, will there ever be a day where he can join the forums once more? We all did supid things in the past and learned from them and are willing for a second chance to proove it. But then again, second chances don't come that often thus we learn the hard way.<p>I don't gain nor loose on this issue with FordRules. Just an oppinion and I thnk many others feel the same way. Now, if the issue was talking crap about Mods and admins then it's something different and certainly doesn't know how to respect the website in general.<p>

FRDesign
09-18-2006, 12:10 AM
Thats also why I changed my username.<br>MkRylan is making fun of lincolns sudden name changes and having my real name there.

Santeno
09-19-2006, 09:13 AM
In reply to Cozz's inquiry, I beleive that some trouble-causing former members can learn from the past problems they have caused the site. There are several long time members who at one point or another have been banned and later reinstated (or they returned under a new username and we chose to look the other way). <p>In many cases those who were banned and returned have learned from their prior missbehavior and become valued (and sometimes entertaining) contributing members of the forum. In others we have not been as lucky and have had to make the banning more forceful.<p>I have no problem with reinstating someone who understands the error of their prior ways and is honnest about not repeating their prior actions, AFTER A SUITABLE PERIOD OF TIME BANNED FROM THE FORUM (which is determined at the staff's discretion and highly dependent on how big of a pain in the ass that member was originially).<p>Do understand however, that anyone who is reinstated or allowed to return under a different username (read, they signed up as a new user and we haven't [yet] deleted the account) is back, but under the close scrutiny of the site staff. Any repeat of the shenanigans that led to the original banning and their account will be terminated.<p>I hope that is a fair reponse.