PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi, Nissan in Smart move

HOMY_DEMIO
04-07-2005, 12:15 PM
Mitsubishi, Nissan in Smart move <p>04/04/2005 10:47 <br>DaimlerChrysler's ultra-small car division Smart will work with Mitsubishi Motors and Nissan of Japan to produce a new motor, starting in 2007, DaimlerChrysler head Juergen Schrempp said during a conference with analysts.<p> <p> <br>The German-US company also disclosed on Friday it would cut jobs at its Smart division under restructuring plans designed to allow the subsidiary to break even in 2007. <p>The division's works committee later said 700 jobs would be slashed in the immediate future, with another 300 to be cut over the long term.<br> <br><A HREF="http://www.wheels24.co.za/Wheels24/News/0,,1369-1372_1684957,00.html" TARGET="_blank">http://www.wheels24.co.za/Whee....html</A>

KebabGud
04-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Nissan working with Smart?<br>i find that odd...<br>

Blackraven
04-08-2005, 06:18 AM
Aside from Nissan, they hired Mitsubishi (AGAIN?)<p><br>I thought DaimlerChrysler dumped Mitsubishi Motors because the latter wasn't performing well, had tons of quality problems and had too many recalls (dunno if they fixed all of these problems as of now).<p>Now, they want Mitsu back.<p>Well, if that's what DCX wants, it's their choice. <p>However, if the Benz group is indeed looking for experienced automakers in the field of compact cars, Nissan and Mitsubishi have all the knowledge in this segment (B-segment and smaller). These two are the best automakers in the world in this kind of field. <p><br>Toyota???? Hmmm............. maybe not.<p><br>

bolita
04-08-2005, 07:45 AM
Actually I think that Suzuki is the best Japanese micro car manufacturer.<p>Now, I really find it odd that DCX would approach Nissan but DCX has many many on going collaboration projects with Mitsubishi Motor ...

JBlair
04-08-2005, 08:15 AM
This is completly bizarre. At about the same time that many were speculating that Smart would be killed off, then news comes that Smart is helping to develop a new engine.

Lakeshow23
04-11-2005, 02:43 PM
Daihatsu should be in the running for best micro cars. Daihatsu makes a living in that class.