PDA

View Full Version : Next Lexus Hybrid? An Ultra Luxury Car from Lexus?

LEXUS FAN!
02-05-2005, 05:36 PM
In this month's edition of automobile mag...it says...<p>"Toyota's next hybrid is a 4.5-liter V-8 and electric motor combo calibrated to deliver V-12-like performance in the next Lexus LS Sedan."<p>I guess they didn't know that they were coming out with a GS sedan...but I bet Lexus will do this too because it has been rumored, and it sounds like something Lexus would do. They said that part in the end of the reveiw of the RX 400h.<p>In automobile they had an interview with Jim Press, executive VP of Toyota Motor Sales<p>He said....<p>"There's a lot of discussion about it. Personally, I don't feel that the company's ego needs to be exercised by offering a car that just has a lot of conent and cost without being the Lexus of the category. TO me, it's better to make a statment with philosophy, not just hardware. I'd rather see the ultimate hybrid automobile-the best fof all worlds, "zero-nize" and "maxi-mize." <p>The "zero-nize" and "maxi-mize" phrase came a little bit before. He explained that they wanted to zero-nize all the negatives of an automobile, accidents, emissions, high fuel consumption. And that he wanted to maxi-mize on performance, the thrill of driving, and the traditional comfort and value.<p>I hope they do build an ultra-luxury car that is also the ultimate hybrid. They should combine the two.

KebabGud
02-05-2005, 07:34 PM
there will be a hybrid off all lexus models.. so.. yes .. this is true ..<br>there will be a LS hybrid ...<br>

LEXUS FAN!
02-06-2005, 12:31 AM
it is not official that all Lexus' will be hybrid<p>they do not have plans for i think