PDA

View Full Version : Pagani "C9" (zonda replacement)

Seller Automotive
01-27-2005, 02:46 AM
Road and Track, February 2005.<p>Page 34.<p>"Pagani, Italy's largest independent carmaker, has ambitious plans to launch a supercar for the U.S. market in 2007 and triple its output of cars within three years."<p><B>Horatio Pagani sheds a little light on what we can expect from the C9.</B> <p>"The new engine could reach 885 pound-feet of torque, but we already have wheelspin on a dry road with 553 pound-feet, so why?" (in my opinion, the only way an AMG V12 engine could reach 885 torque is if it was turbocharged... so I think its safe to say the C9's engine will be a version of AMG's Twin Turbo V12.)<p>"Our target for the new engine is 627 pound-feet, in conjunction with a complicated new Bosch traction-control system."<p>Its a good read, Horation also goes on to mention a little info about the process and costs of Introducing the C9 in the USA.<p><br>-no mention in the article of the 'cheaper' mid-engine supercar, rumored for a 2007-2008 release.

Top Secret
01-27-2005, 03:05 AM
Woo! This car is bound to be an absolute smash and hopefully be finally able to shut those mouths of Ferrari and Lamborghini.<p>Anyway, what will be the displacement of this engine? It can't be 7.3L or bigger, since I've heard that the current V12 can't go up to that size, that's why they stuck with the older V12?

Seller Automotive
01-27-2005, 03:24 AM
well from what was quoted, and my own opinions, it looks like the new engine will be twin turbo'd.. so engine displacement wont matter too much... the 6 liter Twin Turbo V12 from AMG has TONS of power potential.