PDA

View Full Version : Honda Hybrid rumors

Bass-o-Matic
01-08-2005, 02:34 PM
MSN Autos, in it's NAIAS preview mentions a possible announcement at Honda's press conference this coming week of a hybridized Odyssey... No other sources have mentioned this, other than a post-er on vtec.net who mentioned it, as well. Not sure how reliable/accurate this is.<p>On a similar note, there's also a report in Automotive News in which Honda sources state that there is no hybrid SUV in the 3-yr. plan starting in April... Seems kind of odd... but doesn't rule out the Odyssey. Ironically enough, in so many respects, Odyssey has turned out to be an innovation and technology leader for Honda.

Naga Royal Guard
01-08-2005, 04:17 PM
see a good amount of odessys on the road, good sign for them, they have had a rough year w/ the accord; its a nice lookin 'van too<p>DCX is stuck w/ Fwd floorpans for a good while, 400 million $ later<p>the main reason why the RX 330 hasnt a 3rd row is because they specifically designed its chassis to handle the batterys in that location, i would think the same applys to minivans ( morso because of their low floors ) <p>then again, it was thaught impossible to have fold-flat rear seating AND Awd ( and rightfully so), but the Sienna pulled it off.....

KebabGud
01-08-2005, 07:45 PM
if only Toyota whould sell the alphard and estima hybrid world wide .... <br>i hate that Toyota had so many hybrid cars in japan but only one in the rest of the world (2 soon (3 for the US))

Naga Royal Guard
01-08-2005, 07:55 PM
maybe a camry hybrid for the us ( still an on/off rumor)

taskbearer
01-08-2005, 11:31 PM
Hybrids and minivans are a great matche, They are always driven softly instead of sporty and the hybrid characteristics would surely pay dividends. I should think there's still some space for a battery under the floor of the odyssey. It is not impossible for honda to accomodate the batteries without reducing available space.

Naga Royal Guard
01-09-2005, 11:08 AM
id still give anything at Temple of Veetek more than a grain of salt, they have made some wild claims in the past