PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi US Chief Resigns

syclone
01-07-2005, 05:53 AM
I couldn't find a topic for this anywhere. I didn't even know about it, but stumbled accross it in an article on NAIAS on BBC.co.uk.<p><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4134529.stm</b> &raquo;</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...the world premiere of Mitsubishi's sportscar, the Eclipse coupe, and its Raider pickup truck which is also being launched in Detroit.<p>Neither model will take attention away from the sudden resignation of Mitsubishi's US chief executive, Finbarr O'Neill, who stepped down this week after just 16 months in the job.<p>Mr O'Neill's departure sparked speculation that the troubled car maker is preparing to quit the US market, though Mitsubishi insists that despite its difficulties it is here to stay.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Anyone have an official news story on this?

Santeno
01-07-2005, 10:20 AM
Yeah, O'niell resigned a few months ago If I remember correctly. Something about not being able to turn things around, I think.

syclone
01-07-2005, 03:27 PM
aye, but the bbc article said it was this week and "sudden." odd.

taskbearer
01-08-2005, 02:28 AM
Must have been real tough for the guy, Mitsu's current situation needs more than another Carlos Ghosn to turn things around.