PDA

View Full Version : Fisker has left Aston Martin / Ford

iamalittlepepper
01-05-2005, 08:48 AM
I would say that's troublesome news for AM. But then again he only did the DB9 and V8... He doesn't seem to be the guy that sticks with one company too long.<p>I say.. good work and good luck!<p><A HREF="http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101535" TARGET="_blank">http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101535</A><p>

pcread
01-05-2005, 10:08 AM
hmmm, maybe he's leaving cos there aren't any new Astons coming up after the current crop.

AM2K
01-05-2005, 10:22 AM
very bad news for Aston Martin indeed... Its a shame to see him go because he did a great job with AMV8 and DB9... <p>I wonder who Ulrich Bez will now bring in to replace him?<p>Ian Callum is too busy with Jag i guess. Perhaps Jerry McGovern could come in.. otherwise i dont see who else internally could do the job. Lets just hope they dont drastically change image with the next range of vehicles..

pcread
01-05-2005, 11:05 AM
maybe Ford could move Ian Callum's brother Moray into the job? Brothers reunited.

JBlair
01-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Bad news, but seeing as how Astons are designed to have long life cycles, perhaps he left because he believed that Aston's future designs were secure. Maybe they'll promote Ian Callum to Head designer for both Jaguar and Aston. Still sucks though, Ford has a penchant for losing good car guys.

taskbearer
01-07-2005, 12:40 AM
The new Astons would probably be running for another 9 years and thats too freaking long a wait for someone to design a new car. This sounds like bad news for Aston, but like they found a replacement for Callum, Ford will surely find a suitable replacement for Fisker. Now I wonder what company he is going to dive into next.

iamalittlepepper
01-08-2005, 06:02 PM
Not quite sure about that.. I thought the Vanquish is up for a redesign? Basically I think Bez had said the long life cycle is just not pratical for AM anymore.

JBlair
01-08-2005, 06:36 PM
Dunno when Vanquish will be redesigned, but I bet Fisker had a hand in it. It makes sense though; he completed the complete redesign of all Aston martins, as well as designing a whole new category of Aston, so he felt it was time to leave. I don't think anything bad will happen though, because Ford wouldn't let it.