PDA

View Full Version : Lexus Plans in Japan

LEXUS FAN!
12-29-2004, 01:37 PM
<A HREF="http://www.clublexus.com/index.php/article/articleview/2702/1/10" TARGET="_blank">http://www.clublexus.com/index.../1/10</A>/<p>It says that the GS, SC, and IS will initially be offered. The LS will be offered in the summer of 2006. They are probably waiting until then, so they could get the redesigned version. <p>So now we know when we will get the next generation Lexus LS...how exciting

KebabGud
12-29-2004, 01:49 PM
<A HREF="http://www.toyota.co.jp/en/news/04/0526.html" TARGET="_blank">http://www.toyota.co.jp/en/news/04/0526.html</A>

knihc2008
12-30-2004, 01:11 AM
so we can expect the IS soon? like, say, detroit or new york?

Santeno
12-30-2004, 09:10 AM
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>knihc2008</b> &raquo;</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so we can expect the IS soon? like, say, detroit or new york?</TD></TR></TABLE><br>In all likelyhood, you will see a concept version of it between now and then, with the production version making an appearance in Japan first.

LEXUS FAN!
12-30-2004, 12:36 PM
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Santeno</b> &raquo;</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><br>In all likelyhood, you will see a concept version of it between now and then, with the production version making an appearance in Japan first.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>we did see a concept...the LF-C...why do you say it will first make an appearance in Japan...it will either be debuted at Detroit at New York probably...also<p>on naias.com it has an asterik* next to GX470, which means that more cars are to be debuted, but they have not been publicly announced, so maybe the IS will be debuted.

Santeno
12-30-2004, 01:26 PM
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>LEXUS FAN!</b> &raquo;</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">we did see a concept...the LF-C...why do you say it will first make an appearance in Japan...it will either be debuted at Detroit at New York probably...also<p>on naias.com it has an asterik* next to GX470, which means that more cars are to be debuted, but they have not been publicly announced, so maybe the IS will be debuted. </TD></TR></TABLE><br>I say so because toyota and lexus both tend to show almost production ready versions of their cars as concepts. However, their finalized production international models traditionally debut in Japan first (though not always); normally having been sold there for months before being made abvailable in other markets. This is by no means a rule, but it has been the way Toyota has dealt with the majority of their models. Why should this be different? especially when toyota is trying to create maximum buzz for the lexus brand in their home market.

spwolf
12-30-2004, 04:58 PM
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Santeno</b> &raquo;</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><br>I say so because toyota and lexus both tend to show almost production ready versions of their cars as concepts. However, their finalized production international models traditionally debut in Japan first (though not always); normally having been sold there for months before being made abvailable in other markets. This is by no means a rule, but it has been the way Toyota has dealt with the majority of their models. Why should this be different? especially when toyota is trying to create maximum buzz for the lexus brand in their home market.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>nah, they will be introduced at the same time. Only reasons when they start selling vehicles first in Japan would be because of different factories used which is not the case with Lexus...<p>No reason at all not to launch IS at the same time around the whole world or most of it anyway...

LEXUS FAN!
12-30-2004, 05:27 PM
a Lexus in my local area said it till be out in August 2005, which is the same time as Japan