PDA

View Full Version : Pontiac GTO

olegk21
05-01-2005, 04:57 PM
I was wondering since the GTO has the fuel tank mounted behind the rear seats, if it was possible to install a subwoofer in the trunk.

Naga Royal Guard
05-01-2005, 05:17 PM
you started an entire thread to ask this?

olegk21
05-01-2005, 07:26 PM
I think it's an interesting topic. Some cars don't have a 60/40 split rear seats, but what other car made today has the gas tank mounted there?

Santeno
05-02-2005, 06:35 AM
ask our australian members what they've been able to do with holdens down in Oz. That should answer your question.

AM2
05-02-2005, 03:14 PM
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Santeno</b> &raquo;</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ask our australian members what they've been able to do with holdens down in Oz. That should answer your question.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Doesn't the Holden version(Monaro) have its fuel tank behind the rear axle/differential instead of behind the rear seats? Or did they move it forward like the USDM Pontiac GTO?

AllodoxaphobicJay
05-02-2005, 10:15 PM
The first two series of the Monaro had the tank behind the rear axle line, but I believe they've since brought it into line with the US export version, to minimise costs (same goes for those hideous nostrils.)

olegk21
05-04-2005, 01:25 PM
My guess is that the only way to install a sub is to put it inplace of the rear seats. Sound is not going to travel through a gas tank if you mount the sub in the trunk. A very stupid design for a car like this which is intended for somebody who is looking for performance in all aspects.

IcedG35
05-07-2005, 11:02 PM
If i were you, i'd join an forum devoted specifically for the GTO. I'm pretty sure there is one considering there are about 3 for my car which i am currently a member of. u can really get the best info from those forums.