PDA

View Full Version : How do they do it?

SOLAR
04-19-2005, 06:02 PM
How do people know where the testing or prototype car will be? after watching some spy videos...its like they planned on it to be there. can someone explain???

mzoltarp
04-20-2005, 05:40 AM
Step one: Keep a camera with you at all times. On several ocasions I have been passed by a prototype on the freeway.<p>Step two: Go to where the cars are. Manufacturers have remote sites where they test cars like Death Valley (among others).<p>Step three: If there is a proving ground near you or a manufacturer's head quarters, chances are you will see something

Santeno
04-20-2005, 07:24 AM
some are luck, but most are not. The majority, but obviously not all, of spyshots are taken by photographers who make it their business to go to those parts of the world were prototypes tend to be tested. as was mentioned before, the vicinity of proving grounds and design centers is always a good place. also places where weather testing gets done, such as death valley, south africa, namibia, northern scandinavia. Then there are places for dynamictesting, such as germany's Nurburgring, a similar location in italy (I forget the name), and the single open spot at GM's testing facility. Closer to production time, standing guard near factories where the vehicles will be produced can often yield results, as well as popular advertisement shooting places (such as san francisco and cape town). Then of course there is always dumb luck. I'm sure there are other ways, I'm not currently thinking of..

mzoltarp
04-21-2005, 05:14 AM
Nardo is the track in Italy