PDA

View Full Version : Should Cadillac sell the STS-L in the US?

Banker
01-31-2005, 01:54 PM
One of Cadillac's suppliers just announced that Cadillac will begin selling a lengthened version of the STS in China. It will be a little under 4 inches longer than the standard STS. It seems like this would be a nice step up from the STS for those that want a little extra room without sacrificing the power and handling of the standard STS. The DTS is more of an older persons cadillac. BMW has the L versions of the 7 series, Cadillac has the S class and Jaguar has a lengthened version of the XJ. It makes sense that Cadillac offer a longer STS with all the premium options. <BR><BR>
<i>Modified by Banker at 3:09 PM 1/31/2005</i>

Banker
01-31-2005, 01:56 PM
This would help to establish Cadillac as a premium brand while moving away from the Deville crowd.

Naga Royal Guard
01-31-2005, 02:05 PM
this is a first, can somebody post pics of this

Banker
01-31-2005, 02:09 PM
There are no pics available that I know of... the article is attached:<p>Cadillac will build stretched STS in China<p>By Alysha Webb<br>Automotive News / January 31, 2005<p>BEIJING -- General Motors will make a stretched version of the Cadillac STS sedan in China beginning in late 2006, supplier sources say. <p>Initial production volumes will be 30,000 annually, says one North American supplier. <p>Selling the longer version will allow GM to cater to China's corporate market and the growing number of private drivers. Though a majority of China's car buyers are private individuals, a good percentage of them buy for business use and have drivers. But the cars often are used for personal reasons. <p>"Typically, the reason other vehicles have been stretched in China is because there are more chauffer-driven applications in China than anywhere else," says the executive director at another North American supplier. <p>The STS sold in China will be 3.9 inches longer than the model sold in the United States, suppliers say. The U.S. version is 196.3 inches long. <br>

JBlair
01-31-2005, 09:22 PM
The DTS is fine for now, and once Caddy gets it together and comes out with a larger RWD car it will be fine.

Nick
01-31-2005, 11:53 PM
the new DTS is only temporary, it will be completely redesigned on a different rwd chassis within the next couple years or so...

Naga Royal Guard
02-01-2005, 05:20 PM
i think the STS package is fine as it is, and its a sporty image that GM worked quite hard to achieve with great success ( the pictures dont justify the car moving down a highway ) <p>the DTS refresh wont be revolutionary, but it will move more than before, and at minimal cost to GM until they are ready w/ the Rwd car as Nick said