PDA

View Full Version : ADAC: Mercedes has the most reliable models

Cozz
04-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Source: DCX Media<p><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote &raquo;</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><b>ADAC breakdown statistics for 2005: Mercedes has the most reliable models<p>Stuttgart, Apr 26, 2006<br>According to the breakdown statistics for 2005 that have released by the German automobile association ADAC, Mercedes passenger cars are among the most reliable motor vehicles in Germany. Six model series from Mercedes-Benz achieved top rankings in the statistics - more than from any other automotive brand.</b><p>The experts at the ADAC are particularly impressed by the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, which the statistics show to be the most reliable medium-size car. Top rankings in the ADAC assessment were also achieved by the E-Class, S-Class and M-Class, as well as by the CLK-Class and SLK-Class sports models.<p>The ADAC assesses passenger car models from five different vehicle classes. With six model series, all demonstrating extremely high reliability, Mercedes-Benz is the most frequently represented brand in the top ranks of the statistics for the most reliable cars in Germany.<p>The ADAC breakdown statistics are one of the most important surveys of on-the-road passenger car reliability. The statistics were computed on the basis of the approximately 3.75 million times that ADAC personnel provided breakdown assistance last year.<br></TD></TR></TABLE><p>It's about time!

knihc2008
06-07-2006, 06:40 PM
True, actually. Our SLK is a year and change old and it is still absolutely perfect, no rattles no nothing, while my IS has already developed a very, very minute rattle somewher ein the back of the car.

Cozz
06-14-2006, 04:43 PM
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>knihc2008</b> &raquo;</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">True, actually. Our SLK is a year and change old and it is still absolutely perfect, no rattles no nothing, while my IS has already developed a very, very minute rattle somewher ein the back of the car.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I think I know that rattle LOL. I installed a set 12" subs in a new IS ans it one of the worst cars ever in rattling interior. Moslty from the rear deck though. Very odd from a Lexus. I did older GS's and IS's with no problem at all. Sure you always get some rattle with bass but the new IS was worse than a most imorts I have touched including old Civics.

CosworthKid
06-18-2006, 10:40 AM
My opinion is that ADAC report is bollocks. In every single reliability test carried out in the UK every year, among customers, Mercedes is far from the most reliable. Lexus,Toyota, Mazda and mostly Japanese cars are always the most reliable with only Skoda making the top ten from Euro cars. Mercedes if anything had reliability issues along with VW as well. I do not treat this report as objective unless it only included German cars. My opinion at least