PDA

View Full Version : Is CSS slowing down?

Reppu
11-02-2015, 10:52 AM
Lately i have the feeling that CSS is suffering a significant slowing down both in posts and users. I wonder if it's because the industry is slowing down as well, or rather there is something wrong with CSS itself.

Not that CSS is dying or anything, but it concerns me.

What do you think about?

mick78
11-02-2015, 11:33 AM
Lately i have the feeling that CSS is suffering a significant slowing down both in posts and users. I wonder if it's because the industry is slowing down as well, or rather there is something wrong with CSS itself.

Not that CSS is dying or anything, but it concerns me.

What do you think about?

I did notice that as well. It seems that only a few users are regular visitors or commentators/posters, would be a shame if the interesting discussions and various views - also reflecting the different markets the users here are from - fade away.

I wouldn't say though that the industry has slowed down, just probably the current design trend is a very evolutionary approach compared to car design say 15 years ago, when a new version made a predecessor immediately look old.

Reppu
11-02-2015, 01:10 PM
Yep. Most of the long timers are gone, and i feel like it's only less than ten users that keep posting regularly (not me among them). Should something be done to make CSS more visible?

Ascariss
11-02-2015, 08:01 PM
Not much one can do when forums are less popular than other forms of media, like facebook or reddit. We have lost a lot of good members over the years, some have moved on and forgotten about the forums, others have become too busy and didn't have much time for the forums. I am gratefully thankful for the people who have helped out over the years and allowed the forums to continue to this day.

I am open to new ideas but it is hard to attract people now a days.

caarmike
11-03-2015, 01:51 AM
Well, to be honest, it does not help when you're making posts suggesting the forum may be going away soon (http://www.carspyshots.net/showthread.php?t=23154)

I still think this forum has incredible value as a brand-and-market-neutral compendium of all the spy shots and renderings of future cars from around the internet. As far as I know there is still no other resource quite like it.

boston
11-03-2015, 01:52 PM
Well, to be honest, it does not help when you're making posts suggesting the forum may be going away soon (http://www.carspyshots.net/showthread.php?t=23154)

I still think this forum has incredible value as a brand-and-market-neutral compendium of all the spy shots and renderings of future cars from around the internet. As far as I know there is still no other resource quite like it.

That certainly a turn off.

Maybe its time to sell the URL. Plenty of commercial opportunity in the name

Reppu
11-03-2015, 04:12 PM
Wait what? That's a bit drastic, besides i don't see how would that attract more members and reactivate the existing ones.

pjl35
11-03-2015, 09:57 PM

+1000

The suggestion was made...and there's been very little follow up. I keep waiting for the day that I try to go to the forum and it will just be gone with no warning.

swizzle
11-06-2015, 02:11 AM
Left Lane has a better interface, but not necessarily better information.

Autospies is too National Enquirer for words.

I like this place, but the "top-down" hierarchy discourages people from posting news bits. Granted, some control is needed over postings, but...

A chat feature would be nice.

The Pretender
11-06-2015, 11:26 AM
I'm active on a lot of Forums round the world, but it's a common development that activity go's down on them.
There are Forums where i come, where more and more noting happen for days, compare to the past with 20+ new post per day.
There are also Forums that send out reminders saying, you have not been on the forum for X time, pay a visit and see what has been happening in your absent.
The reason i came here was to see what cool renders/photoshop's where posted, but even that seems to be dead here.
I browse my favoured Forums everyday, but more and more it's a waste of time because there is nothing new posted.

Naga Royal Guard
11-07-2015, 01:31 PM
There were the days where Audi vs Lexus vs Mercedes vs BMW encouraged all sorts of new members to sign up and become active.

We need a good old fashioned beat down drag out!

swizzle
11-07-2015, 06:35 PM
There were the days where Audi vs Lexus vs Mercedes vs BMW encouraged all sorts of new members to sign up and become active.

We need a good old fashioned beat down drag out!

LOL that made me nearly spit out my coffee.

boston
12-02-2015, 02:28 PM
When CSS started the internet was in its infancy...and leaks weren't common. Neither did the print media have web sites that cared for CSS type stuff.

That time is gone. And yes there are a few left..

Maybe its time to say goodbye and thanks for the memories.