PDA

View Full Version : 2015 LAIAS

Swallow Doretti
10-21-2015, 08:15 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/10/21/nissan-sentra-buick-lacrosse-la-auto-show-official/

So:
- Buick LaCrosse
- FIAT TBD
- Ford Fusion
- Hyundai Elantra
- Infiniti QX30
- Kia Sportage
- Jaguar F-Pace
- Land Rover Evoque Convertible
- Mazda TBD
- Mercedes-Benz E-class
- Mitsubishi Mirage
- Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
- Nissan Sentra
- Subaru TBD
- Volkswagen Tiguan or CrossBlue
- Volvo S90

Crash
10-21-2015, 09:43 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/10/21/nissan-sentra-buick-lacrosse-la-auto-show-official/

So:
- Buick LaCrosse
- FIAT TBD
- Ford Fusion
- Hyundai Elantra
- Infiniti QX30
- Kia Sportage
- Jaguar F-Pace
- Land Rover Evoque Convertible
- Mazda TBD
- Mercedes-Benz E-class
- Mitsubishi Mirage
- Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
- Nissan Sentra
- Subaru TBD
- Volkswagen Tiguan or CrossBlue
- Volvo S90

VW should pull out until they figure stuff out - or stay in IF they have solutions to announce. Especially in LA.

pjl35
10-21-2015, 10:13 PM
I'd wager Mazda is the CX-9.

caarmike
10-22-2015, 02:31 AM
Fiat is probably 124 roadster. Subaru is probably Impreza concept.

Swallow Doretti
10-22-2015, 05:14 AM
I'd wager Mazda is the CX-9.

It's either something really important, like that, or it's something really inconsequential, like a special edition Miata. There is no in-between with those guys.

I'm hearing rumors that we'll see the production Soul AWD, along with a Soul Turbo, soon at one of the shows--maybe as soon as LA, though my money is on Chicago for that.

63Bonneville
10-23-2015, 01:43 AM
Looking forward to the Buick LaCrosse and the Volvo S90.

swizzle
10-23-2015, 05:26 AM
VW should pull out until they figure stuff out - or stay in IF they have solutions to announce. Especially in LA.

VW needs to be there front and center with a clear message. NOT showing up would work against them. They need to face the music. They should have no "dancers" moonlighting as car show girls and instead have VW officials with coat pins that say "We're here to listen.'

Crash
10-23-2015, 01:15 PM
VW needs to be there front and center with a clear message. NOT showing up would work against them. They need to face the music. They should have no "dancers" moonlighting as car show girls and instead have VW officials with coat pins that say "We're here to listen.'

Assuming they did that would make perfect sense. Reality is they won't.

If they listened to consumers frustration - they'd have fixed their average QC, came out with interesting designs (not the we've changed the colour of chrome on the front grill - look, it's a brand new car MO of recent)...and most importantly, they wouldn't have blatantly lied.

I know 3 people who will never consider a VW again; to them, VW words can't be trusted.

paranoidgarliclover
11-11-2015, 07:19 PM
- Mercedes-Benz E-class

Not sure why the E-Class is being listed since, AFAIK, it's not listed in the article from the link. My understanding is that it would be shown at the Detroit Auto Show...?

Swallow Doretti
11-11-2015, 09:06 PM
Not sure why the E-Class is being listed since, AFAIK, it's not listed in the article from the link. My understanding is that it would be shown at the Detroit Auto Show...?

I was speculating. Sounds like the actual car will be the new SL.

Ascariss
11-11-2015, 09:48 PM
I feel the new E would either debut at Detroit or possibly at Geneva?

paranoidgarliclover
11-11-2015, 10:16 PM
I was speculating. Sounds like the actual car will be the new SL.

Ah.

In the recent past, I think MB has only released facelifts or additional variants in LA (I vaguely recall the previous gen C-class coupe being unveiled there). For a completely designed class, I can't imagine that they would do it outside of Detroit or Frankfurt (have they ever revealed anything at Geneva?).

Looking forward to the show, regardless of what they release. =)

I feel the new E would either debut at Detroit or possibly at Geneva?

Not sure how reliable this blog is (http://mercedesblog.com/this-is-it-2017-mercedes-e-class-revealed-almost-camo-free/), but it says Detroit. Can't wait!

swizzle
11-14-2015, 01:50 AM
The LA Auto Show has lacked luster for a rather long time due to it featuring concepts seen elsewhere and mildly facelifted cars badged as "all new". It's too bad LA isn't negotiating better with the manufacturers to attract big-ticket debuts.

63Bonneville
11-15-2015, 05:21 PM
The LA Auto Show has lacked luster for a rather long time due to it featuring concepts seen elsewhere and mildly facelifted cars badged as "all new". It's too bad LA isn't negotiating better with the manufacturers to attract big-ticket debuts.

The LAIAS, over past years, has lived in the shadows of the NAIAS in Detroit, which got all the limelight, naturally. It was the right decision, in the last couple of years, to separate the times of the two, and, and give the LA Show more significant premieres.

I can almost say the say for New York/NYIAS, for it would always get the concepts and production-debuts shown in previous venues and events, but now, over the last few years, has become more strongly significant. Chicago gets the most earthbound debuts, for their mostly production, and facelifts. Then again, sometimes I like the production or new-generation debuts better, for, it's reality vs. which can or may be.

Swallow Doretti
11-15-2015, 06:25 PM
Some history: LA used to be after Thanksgiving, which meant it was less than a month before NAIAS, and therefore lost out on a lot of premieres that were delayed for the bigger show.

About a decade ago, organizers moved the show to the week before Thanksgiving, which briefly helped give the show greater prominence, and more world debuts, being as it now fell exactly halfway between the Frankfort/Paris show and NAIAS.

Unfortunately, as models have become more global and China, India and the Middle East have grown in importance as models, LA is now finding itself under strain again from scheduling problems. The Dubai show falls 10 days before LA, and manufacturers are also now doing major reveals at Shanghai, which means another two calendar spots to fill in schedules that already include the shows I've mentioned plus Geneva, NY and CES. Additionally, thanks to Ford, manufacturers are now doing splashy intros outside of autoshows all together (see: the latest Prius), or at non-automotive events (e.g., Texas State Fair, Milan Furniture Expo, Miami Boat Show, etc).

LA is working hard to stay relevant, to their credit: they have decided to focus the show on autonomous and green tech, so it should still get some major news every year. But it's never going to be on the level with NAIAS or Frankfort/Paris, which are THE biggest autoshows going from a news perspective.

paranoidgarliclover
11-23-2015, 09:05 AM
Went to the LA Auto Show tonight. Some thoughts:

- The LaCrosse looks good. VERY good, actually. The interior (from what I could see, since we weren't allowed to sit in it) looks thoroughly modern.

- The facelifted MKZ's interior looks as nice in real life as it does in-person.

- The Civic sedan looks rather odd in real life. A bit too swoopy for it's own good, and the interior is very blah.

- The Mirai and new Prius are truly hideous.

- The Giulia looks like a gigantic Dodge Dart + Acura (any sedan, really).

- The NSX might've looked more impressive had Ford not been showing its GT around the same time.

- The Audi Q7 has shockingly bad plastic

- The Jag F-pace has a surprisingly airy interior.

- The Jag XE has a shockingly cramped and claustrophobic interior.

- The Mercedes C-class coupe doesn't look that great in person. There's an odd angle to the backlight, and it certainly doesn't quite pull off the shrunken S-class coupe.

- I'm truly sick of all the molded-in "stitching" that's becoming commonplace now (and this comes from someone who LOVES french-stitched MB tex). If you can't do it properly, please don't do it at all

- Why the heck are cars so big on the outside and so cramped on the inside (relative to their overall length and width)?

- I hate the encroachment of consumer electronics into the center consoles of cars....

boston
11-23-2015, 02:17 PM
Subaru......B9 Tribeca replacement?

pjl35
11-23-2015, 03:07 PM
Subaru......B9 Tribeca replacement?

Nope. It was just the Impreza sedan concept. I'm thinking we'll see a concept of the Tribeca replacement at NAIAS or NYIAS.