PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show

boston
10-25-2014, 09:32 AM
Honda HRV introduction and "heavily" reworked 2016 Acura ILX

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1208492

63Bonneville
10-26-2014, 07:38 PM
There is a lot to look forward to for this year at the 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show. I understand that this is a record for the number of premieres to take place at this event, this year. What I'm looking forward to most, so far, is the Audi A9 concept and the Mercedes-Benz S-Class S600 Maybach, and, also what Lexus is reported to debut. With Lexus, it's said that the high-performance mid-range GS F, with a tuned 5.0L V8, and a reported mystery-concept. That mystery debut could be as simple as the mildly-updated 2015 LS sedan (already revealed), or perhaps a production version of the LF-LC concept coupe, which could be a new SC, let's hope for the latter. Other reports have said maybe a concept that would point the way to the next-generation LS flagship sedan, we'll have to wait and see. Other high-end premieres are the high-performance, new-generation BMW X5 M and X6 M. Of course, news will be trickling in over the next couple of weeks.

pjl35
10-26-2014, 08:31 PM
There is a lot to look forward to for this year at the 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show. I understand that this is a record for the number of premieres to take place at this event, this year. What I'm looking forward to most, so far, is the Audi A9 concept and the Mercedes-Benz S-Class S600 Maybach, and, also what Lexus is reported to debut. With Lexus, it's said that the high-performance mid-range GS F, with a tuned 5.0L V8, and a reported mystery-concept. That mystery debut could be as simple as the mildly-updated 2015 LS sedan (already revealed), or perhaps a production version of the LF-LC concept coupe, which could be a new SC, let's hope for the latter. Other reports have said maybe a concept that would point the way to the next-generation LS flagship sedan, we'll have to wait and see. Other high-end premieres are the high-performance, new-generation BMW X5 M and X6 M. Of course, news will be trickling in over the next couple of weeks.

I wouldn't be surprised if the concept also hinted at the next-gen RX. Having seen the Highlander debut last year, it's just about time for the Lexus variant.

63Bonneville
10-26-2014, 09:43 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the concept also hinted at the next-gen RX. Having seen the Highlander debut last year, it's just about time for the Lexus variant.

I agree with you, and a new-generation Lexus RX or concept previewing it would be sweet, too. Judging by that new-generation Toyota Highlander, which is beautiful, as well as expressive, the next RX should be something to look forward to, especially if following the new design-direction of the NX, as well as the IS sedan and RC coupe, with the spindle-top grill and edginess. Toyota and Lexus division are taking a more expressive and bolder language to get away from the blandness, like at Ford, where Mark Fields, before he was CEO, said, "No more boring cars".

caarmike
10-26-2014, 11:59 PM
We'll probably see something new from Chevy. They have new versions of Cruze, Volt, Camaro, Malibu and Spark to show over the next year. The Volt is designated for Detroit. I'm guessing either Camaro or Cruze for LA.

swizzle
10-27-2014, 12:40 AM
The Los Angeles autoshow premiers are NEVER big. The Cruze could show up but hell would have to freeze over for the Camaro to get the not to debut in Los Angeles. My guess...DETROIT!

63Bonneville
10-27-2014, 12:52 AM
I believe that the Camaro is going to debut in Detroit in January, 2015, and there have been reports that surfaced on this. This year, Los Angeles appears to be getting some more significant debuts, especially now that it's more distanced from Detroit's show. When they both took place in January, where LA was first, but they overlapped, it appeared that the LA show lived in the shadows of Detroit's event.

Of course, Chicago, which is in February, is more production-debut focused, and, though a good event, is more earthbound than LA, Detroit, Geneva and New York. The New York show, in more recent years, has been more of a spotlight for debuts, but concept and production, for before, it was mostly what had already been shown at the prior events. Geneva is probably the most significant and top-tier show of the year, followed by Detroit, though Paris and Frankfurt, which are bi-annual and rotational, are quite significant. Another which has been rising and gaining great significance is Beijing.

Speaking of New York, what I'm looking forward to there, so far is, the Cadillac CT6 and the new Nissan Maxima.

Back on topic with the L.A. Auto Show, there appears to be a lot to look forward to this year!

caarmike
10-28-2014, 12:54 AM
Mazda CX-3 (mini-crossover), CX-5 MCE, and one more (US-spec 2?)
http://www.leftlanenews.com/mazda2-based-crossover-to-debut-in-la.html

pjl35
10-29-2014, 11:08 PM
Facelifted 2016 Ford Explorer: http://www.autoblog.com/2014/10/29/2016-ford-explorer-debut-la-auto-show/

boston
10-30-2014, 02:57 PM
Facelifted 2016 Ford Explorer: http://www.autoblog.com/2014/10/29/2016-ford-explorer-debut-la-auto-show/

Arghh.. Ford may have sold Land Rover, but the designers seem to work part time for both companies. http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-explorer-2016.html

pjl35
10-30-2014, 03:35 PM
Wow. That does look similar. Looks like it's definitely getting a variation of the Edge's face though, which will be a welcome change.

boston
11-16-2014, 05:01 PM
FCA live streaming press conferences: http://new.livestream.com/FCALive

63Bonneville
11-21-2014, 05:13 PM
I just want to say that I'm glad that the LA Auto Show was moved to November, and now no longer in the shadows of the Detroit Auto Show/NAIAS, and gets more attention and celebration, as well as more significant debuts. Same with the NY Auto Show, last several years, more significant debuts, where it mostly got what was shown from other venues earlier in the year. Geneva is likely the biggest, followed by NAIAS, but Chicago is mostly production debuts, facelifts, etc.