PDA

View Full Version : 2015 European COTY

Reppu
07-25-2014, 07:19 AM
The list is published:

http://www.motorpasion.com/industria/33-candidatos-para-el-coche-del-ano-en-europa-2015?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=24_Jul_2014

I don't see a lot of brilliance in this list, honestly. Main candidates for me will be the C4 Cactus, the Macan, the Twingo, the i8 and of course the Passat. I think the latter will win easily, but you never know.

What do you think about the list? What is you winning car?

mick78
07-25-2014, 07:50 AM
The list is published:

http://www.motorpasion.com/industria/33-candidatos-para-el-coche-del-ano-en-europa-2015?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=24_Jul_2014

I don't see a lot of brilliance in this list, honestly. Main candidates for me will be the C4 Cactus, the Macan, the Twingo, the i8 and of course the Passat. I think the latter will win easily, but you never know.

What do you think about the list? What is you winning car?

The Passat is IMO not very innovative, and actually a sophisticated but boring car, and basically a supersized Golf, which has already won, so basically it would receive the award twice and that is the same The i8 is interesting, but probably too exotic.

Given the preference for cheap and cheerful cars, I'd put my money on the C4 Cactus, as it is both lightweight and economic, has some funky technical solutions and is cheap, or the Twingo, which has similar features. Usually COTY judges like these features.

But then again, some of the choices in the last years have been more than weird, so who knows. We might end up with something no one expected...

Reppu
07-25-2014, 10:50 AM
I missed the i3. Strange that it isn't included.

mick78
07-25-2014, 10:59 AM
I missed the i3. Strange that it isn't included.

IMO that was already included last year. Many saw it as a favorite.

Ascariss
07-25-2014, 02:50 PM
Difficult list to choose from, the passat doesn't deserve it as mentioned above.

For me it would be between the i8, twingo or merc C.

Nath
07-26-2014, 03:33 AM
I think the cactus all the way for me, purely for how they've approached meeting the needs of the buyer

boston
07-27-2014, 02:25 PM
I think the cactus all the way for me, purely for how they've approached meeting the needs of the buyer

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Whats happened to the thumbs up gif?