PDA

View Full Version : Never Before Seen 2005 Mustang Studies

caarmike
11-20-2013, 12:59 PM
So far all I have is this crappy Yahoo link. But the contents are interesting:
http://autos.yahoo.com/photos/how-the-ford-mustang-built-a-future-on-its-past-1384876665-slideshow/

swizzle
11-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Yikes! There were some pretty hideous ideas. Some looked like ideas for reskinning the Fox Mustang yet again.

Ascariss
11-20-2013, 05:48 PM
Some of the designs looked a lot better than what was released, some, notably photo #9.

mick78
11-20-2013, 10:25 PM
Some of the designs looked a lot better than what was released, some, notably photo #9.

Agreed. Unlike it was the case with those 94 Mustang studies lately, where basically everything was a lot worse than before, there were some nice ideas here. SOme ,that might be found probably in the 2015 model I guess.

At least, Ford had way more clue what a Mustang should be than it had in the early 90ies. Though the LWB Fox Mustang would have been ridiculous. Imagine that being still sold now...

swizzle
11-21-2013, 01:57 AM
To my eyes #9 has virtually no Mustang DNA. Throw a Nissan badge on it and it's a Nissan. Ditto any brand with the exception of Porsche.

mick78
11-21-2013, 08:16 AM
I do though think that #9 would have made a nice Euro Capri. And, looking at the belt line behind the b-pillar and the way the rear side window is shaped, I think those are details we will see on the 2015 model soon...

swizzle
11-21-2013, 02:45 PM
I do though think that #9 would have made a nice Euro Capri. And, looking at the belt line behind the b-pillar and the way the rear side window is shaped, I think those are details we will see on the 2015 model soon...

I think you are correct. Unfortunately, to me and many Mustang enthusiasts, making the Mustang into a Capri would be akin to making the Stingray into a Lexus SC. That said, I think Ford will sell the Mustang out with watered down styling this round which is akin to heresy in many circles.

mick78
11-21-2013, 02:49 PM
I think you are correct. Unfortunately, to me and many Mustang enthusiasts, making the Mustang into a Capri would be akin to making the Stingray into a Lexus SC. That said, I think Ford will sell the Mustang out with watered down styling this round which is akin to heresy in many circles.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that even if less retro, the new car will stil be a true Mustang. After all, it is one of the most iconic US cars, especially outside the US, and given that this time it's a global car, Ford would be wise to consider that.

Probably it will look much better than most of the CGIs have suggested. Probably a different rear window design won't ruin the whole car...

Crash
11-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Wow...some of these are awesome. I really liked the 1st image...not a Mustang, but certainly a great looking Euro car!

2b2
11-25-2013, 01:52 AM
So far all I have is this crappy Yahoo link. But the contents are interesting:
http://autos.yahoo.com/photos/how-the-ford-mustang-built-a-future-on-its-past-1384876665-slideshow/

just belatedly a THANK YOU, Mike!!!