PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Los Angeles Auto Show

caarmike
10-11-2013, 11:56 AM
56 Total Debuts to be Unveiled at Nearly 30 News Conferences Across Three Press Days

-World debut list more than doubles as automakers choose LA for significant premieres
-Mercedes-Benz to bring four world debuts, while Porsche confirms two world debuts in addition to Macan
-Global introductions also expected from BMW, Chevrolet, Jaguar, Nissan, Subaru, Toyota and more
-Major luxury, performance, green, tech, and concept announcements
-First of three Press Days focused on technology

From the press release: http://www.autoblog.com/2013/10/10/nissan-juke-nismo-rs-reveal-confirmed-la-auto-show/#continued

Chevy has been making a lot of noise about their announcement, but I really have no idea what it is.
http://wot.motortrend.com/gm-reuss-something-big-for-chevrolet-coming-to-la-auto-show-402247.html#axzz2hPT8zMig

Crash
10-11-2013, 12:44 PM
I gotta believe it's a next gen Equinox. That vehicle has held up well, but it's time to inject some new blood into the nameplate. Especially as rigs like the new Escape and CX5 continue to do well.

pjl35
10-11-2013, 04:36 PM
I gotta believe it's a next gen Equinox. That vehicle has held up well, but it's time to inject some new blood into the nameplate. Especially as rigs like the new Escape and CX5 continue to do well.

Let's not forget about the Colorado...even though GM has a preference for debuting their trucks in Chicago. The Motor Trend article mentions it in passing, yet makes no attempt to explain why it couldn't debut there.

Could even be the new Cruze. Maybe a next-gen Volt concept?

phaeton
10-11-2013, 09:31 PM
VW - my guess Passat Sport and hopefullly a Polo SUV concept is revealed.

boston
10-13-2013, 02:22 AM
VW - my guess Passat Sport and hopefullly a Polo SUV concept is revealed.

If thats all it is, its a big fat fail by VW

phaeton
10-13-2013, 09:37 PM
If thats all it is, its a big fat fail by VW

I have no idea just guessing.

Passat Sport is logical because I've read on the vortex about such a model coming by end of the year.
Polo SUV concept would be a wish for the US as an entry point vehicle (I have a feeling it won't be shown in LA). VW are not doing anything productive this year which I am a bit disappointed in..

62Lincoln
11-08-2013, 01:18 AM
Ford Edge "concept" at LAIAS, going global: http://www.autoblog.com/2013/11/07/next-ford-edge-concept-la-auto-show-debut/

pjl35
11-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Let's not forget about the Colorado...even though GM has a preference for debuting their trucks in Chicago. The Motor Trend article mentions it in passing, yet makes no attempt to explain why it couldn't debut there.

Could even be the new Cruze. Maybe a next-gen Volt concept?

Yay! It is the Colorado :)

63Bonneville
11-14-2013, 10:20 AM
Ford Edge "concept" at LAIAS, going global: http://www.autoblog.com/2013/11/07/next-ford-edge-concept-la-auto-show-debut/

Reports state that a new-generation Ford Edge, or at least a concept, will debut at the 2013 LAIAS, but I'm the only thing that I'm hoping with it is that it will not only be offered with 4-bangers now, even it EcoBoost turbo'd. I could see if a 2.0L turbo is offered as base, on a vehicle of it's size and class, for a 1.6L EcoBoost-4 would labor hard in a vehicle that size. I could maybe see the newly introduced 2.3L EcoBoost-4 that debuting in the production Lincoln MKC (also debuting at the 2013 LAIAS, and smaller than the Edge) as a part of the engine lineup, but I'm hoping that the current 3.5L or 3.7L non-turbo V6 can be has as an upgrade, still. Or perhaps the EcoBoost 2.9L twin-turbo "nano" V6, which has been reported to be in the works, could even be offered or even debut in the new-generation Edge.

While I'm at it, I would also say that a 2.9L twin-turbo EcoBoost nano V6 would go great in the Fusion, along with the new 2.3L EcoBoost-4. I feel that if the Fusion would have a V6 upgrade, it would be perfect, or at the very least, the 2.3L EcoBoost-4. I say the same thing about the beautiful new Mazda6, perfect in every way, but merely adequate engine-wise, and no upgrade offered like all it's rivals, and even that reported Diesel that's on the way, though it can be a viable choice, it still isn't enough.