PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Hyundai Elantra Coupe

cuisine
02-08-2012, 08:24 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://i.netcarshow.com/ncs_show.swf?c=Hyundai&m=2013-Elantra_Coupe"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://i.netcarshow.com/ncs_show.swf?c=Hyundai&m=2013-Elantra_Coupe" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
yundai Elantra Coupe

Hyundai introduced the Elantra Coupe variant to its industry-leading Elantra line-up at the 2012 Chicago Auto Show. This two-door coupe model of the Elantra sedan, available this spring, will attract even more buyers to the Elantra line-up, further expanding its appeal to savvy consumers. It offers many of the same attributes that made the sedan version a sales success, while broadening its market reach to youthful, sporty buyers willing to forgo four-door versatility for coupe design appeal. The 2013 Hyundai Elantra Coupe marks the continuing evolution of Hyundai's "Fluidic Sculpture" design theme with sporty design language, while assuming a compact coupe segment leadership position with an eco-efficient powertrain, generous convenience features, exceptional roominess and abundant safety features.

Hyundai Elantra Coupe is the latest vehicle in Hyundai's 7/11 product initiative (seven new models in the next eleven months), following the Azera and Genesis Coupe.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://i.netcarshow.com/ncs_show.swf?c=Hyundai&m=2013-Elantra_GT"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://i.netcarshow.com/ncs_show.swf?c=Hyundai&m=2013-Elantra_GT" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

ata10
02-08-2012, 09:42 AM
Looks awesome...

http://www.hyundai-blog.com/index.php/2012/02/08/hyundai-elantra-coupe-2013/

TdeV
02-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Something about the roofline seems awkward to me. Still ok looking.

mick78
02-08-2012, 11:41 AM
There were times when such versions were simly 2 door sedans. But given these versions work for Honda na dToyota as well, I guess it's ok for Hyundai to have one as well.

Btw., if the Coupe has it's own thread, shouldn't the GT have one as well? Or better be in the i30 thread, which this car is except the badge on the trunk lid?

swizzle
02-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Two more solid hits for Hyundai. They need to throw a tight suspension and a turbo at the Elantra and go GTI/GLI hunting.

DoMiNo
02-08-2012, 05:25 PM
They need to throw a tight suspension and a turbo at the Elantra and go GTI/GLI hunting.

Isn't that the Veloster Turbo's job?

TdeV
02-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Two more solid hits for Hyundai. They need to throw a tight suspension and a turbo at the Elantra and go GTI/GLI hunting.

The coupe is definitely not GTI material. Not very sports car, more so economy.

drugmirko
02-08-2012, 07:07 PM
funny, but I sat in european version of Elantra, and I really wasn't impressed... by anything. I was though, while seating in i40...

and judging from photo material, i30 is more i40 "material" than it is Elantra! in everathing. from design cues to material used and finish level... I know new i30 fits into Elantra range but, wouldn't it stick "half-class" above Elantra, such as it is, with different/better interior?

swizzle
02-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Isn't that the Veloster Turbo's job?

The Elantra is a much better size fit for the GTI/GLI. The Veloster is more like what the Scirocco was a base hatchback with a "spiffy" body. It's also smaller.

anonms
02-08-2012, 08:54 PM
and judging from photo material, i30 is more i40 "material" than it is Elantra! in everathing. from design cues to material used and finish level... I know new i30 fits into Elantra range but, wouldn't it stick "half-class" above Elantra, such as it is, with different/better interior?

That was the case with the previous Elantra/i30, as well. The Elantra Touring was positioned as being at a more uplevel trim than the standard Elantra; that looks to be the case this time around as well.

MtViewGuy188
02-09-2012, 01:54 AM
Nice designs, but how about putting in the Veloster Turbo's 200 bhp engine to give the Elantra Coupe and GT hatchback real sporting performance?

swizzle
02-09-2012, 04:52 AM
Bingo I'd drive one

CosworthKid
02-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Looks really nice but not wanting to sound like a broken record - how does it handle/drive? I know the Elantra is a good car but it isn't quite sporty or a "driver's car" so to speak is it...? I would be very keen on getting this if i knew it was also great fun to drive. Otherwise i wouldn't personally bother tbh. You can put in any engine in it and it still might not be that much of a sporty car to me

swizzle
02-10-2012, 01:44 AM
A tauter suspension and some power would make the Elantras even more desirable than they already are. I just hope they do it.

SV
02-10-2012, 02:28 AM
Looks really nice but not wanting to sound like a broken record - how does it handle/drive? I know the Elantra is a good car but it isn't quite sporty or a "driver's car" so to speak is it...? I would be very keen on getting this if i knew it was also great fun to drive. Otherwise i wouldn't personally bother tbh. You can put in any engine in it and it still might not be that much of a sporty car to me

I don't have personal experience with the Elantra, but the consensus from most reviews is that it's okay to drive, but not great. The Focus is much more refined and agile from what I understand (though, again, having only driven the Focus, I can't compare).

swizzle
02-10-2012, 02:50 PM
I find them equally refined. The Ford has a stiffer suspension and the Hyundai a softer one. Hyundai always errs on the side of comfort settings and it's time they do a full-on performance suspension option.

Downshift
02-12-2012, 09:51 PM
I think the new Elantra GT will offer up a sportier suspension since it was designed for Europe before it was sent here.

swizzle
02-13-2012, 12:42 AM
I think the new Elantra GT will offer up a sportier suspension since it was designed for Europe before it was sent here.

It needs to be GTI good and not another "engineered in Europe" sport suspension in the ad copy.

Downshift
02-13-2012, 02:57 AM
It needs to be GTI good and not another "engineered in Europe" sport suspension in the ad copy.

Be careful what you wish for! Hyundai is going like a house on fire and it'll be only a matter of time before they crack the steering/suspension code.

Having owned a GTI, I couldn't agree with you more. The car handled like it was on rails and the suspension soaked up bumps and pot-holes like they were nothing.

swizzle
02-13-2012, 04:06 AM
Be careful what you wish for! Hyundai is going like a house on fire and it'll be only a matter of time before they crack the steering/suspension code.

Having owned a GTI, I couldn't agree with you more. The car handled like it was on rails and the suspension soaked up bumps and pot-holes like they were nothing.

Having owned 1 Hyundai, 2 GTIs, 1 GLI 16V, and 2 Corrados I loved how they drove, but appreciated the Hyundai's higher level of quality and reliability.

The VWs were dealer queens and parts fell off of them big time.

Downshift
02-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Having owned 1 Hyundai, 2 GTIs, 1 GLI 16V, and 2 Corrados I loved how they drove, but appreciated the Hyundai's higher level of quality and reliability.

The VWs were dealer queens and parts fell off of them big time.

Funny you should say that. My GTI had a HUGE problem with the exterior door trim bits falling off at random. I can't tell you how many times I had to have them "re-glued".

I own a Hyundai Elantra now and couldn't be happier. I miss the driving dynamics of the GTI, but the Hyundai has proven to be an extremely capable little sedan.

cuisine
04-23-2012, 07:02 AM
Hyundai Langdong

Hyundai Motor Company, whose joint venture in China is celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2012, unveiled its China-exclusive Elantra ("Langdong," or 朗動 in Chinese) at the 2012 Beijing International Automotive Exhibition, held at the China International Exhibition Center.

Langdong, which can be translated as a "dynamic (car) for the young, new generation," is based on Hyundai Motor's best-selling and multi-award winning Elantra that has captured the hearts of customers worldwide. Together with its new third-generation Santa Fe, Hyundai aims to boost its mid- to large-sized vehicle offerings in China and raise its brand image.

"A decade ago, Hyundai was known for making only small cars. Today, our Equus and Genesis (badged as Rohens in China) luxury cars compete with the best vehicles that Europe can make," Seung-Tack Kim, Executive Vice President & COO of Hyundai Motor's Global Business Division, said in Beijing today. "Ten years ago, we were a follower in the auto industry. Today, we are a leader - and ready for the future."

Langdong, which will be produced at Hyundai's new, third plant in Beijing in the second half of 2012, is expected to accelerate the upward momentum for Hyundai in the world's largest auto market. Beijing Hyundai Motor Co. (BHMC), Hyundai's joint venture in China, is currently building a third plant, which will raise its maximum production capacity to one million units.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://i.netcarshow.com/ncs_show.swf?c=Hyundai&m=2013-Langdong"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://i.netcarshow.com/ncs_show.swf?c=Hyundai&m=2013-Langdong" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

swizzle
04-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Very impressive progress.

anonms
04-23-2012, 03:54 PM
About time. All those previous-gen Elantras with Genesis lights running around Shenzhen really shocked me.

SV
04-23-2012, 04:52 PM
Basically an Elantra with a bit more chrome. Not surprising; I prefer the US/KDM version, but the new grille isn't as bad as it could have been.

ata10
05-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Hyundai Avante Coupe unveiled in Korea:

http://www.hyundai-blog.com/hyundai-avante-coupe