PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Renault Samsung SM7

haji
06-15-2011, 12:28 AM
So is this going to the next Renault Safrane?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3aAQ2zKqA5I/TffgnOT03CI/AAAAAAAEj80/-QMVgYyU0GM/s1600/2012-Samsung-SM7-12.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-NiHJEGuUjew/TffgmgrPXcI/AAAAAAAEj8s/rgXnVIaFMj8/s1600/2012-Samsung-SM7-11.jpg

Superamerica
06-15-2011, 04:03 AM
I really like it. What is it based on?

CosworthKid
06-15-2011, 06:12 AM
I'm not a fan...it looks too long and it looks like a Korean attempt at creating a Jaguar

mick78
06-15-2011, 06:57 AM
I really like it. What is it based on?

As far as I've raed it uses a stretched SM5/Latitude platform, which, given similar shapes.of fro.t door and A-pilar would make sense.

Better looking than the SM5/Renault Latitude, but then again quite derivative. Could be anything, and if they sell it as Renault, it also has zero Tenault DNA visually

swizzle
06-15-2011, 02:23 PM
Huge score stylistically for Renault. If this were what the next Altima looked like, Nissan dealers wouldn't have to offer such steep discounts.

Reppu
06-15-2011, 02:48 PM
I am on the "do not like" side. I don't really get this design language. The back is not bad but the front is horrid. It's like two different cars splitted and then joined in the middle, the front has nothing to do with the rear.

Nath
06-15-2011, 05:33 PM
I actually really like the rear, that dropping beltline should be horrendous but somehow it works.
Be interesting to see the profile, and be able to gauge how bulky the rear end is.
Unfortunately the front is weak and does the car no favours

cowboysnkisses
06-15-2011, 07:51 PM
if they put a VW badge on the grille it could be the n-th Passat for China.

2o6
06-16-2011, 02:41 AM
Huge score stylistically for Renault. If this were what the next Altima looked like, Nissan dealers wouldn't have to offer such steep discounts.

They aren't offering discounts, and the Altima is still selling very well. Where do you get your facts? Do you make them up?

---------------

I hate this design. It looks heavy at the back, and cheap up front.

TheophilusChin
06-16-2011, 03:01 AM
I really dislike when manufacturers photoshop reflections beneath their cars. It's just sooooooooooooooo wrong.

swizzle
06-16-2011, 02:25 PM
They aren't offering discounts, and the Altima is still selling very well. Where do you get your facts? Do you make them up?

---------------

I hate this design. It looks heavy at the back, and cheap up front.

Dealer ads...money on the hood

Blackraven
06-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Looks nice.

Btw, if they sell this as a true Renault, this will be a class/level higher than the Latitude.

:)

MiketypeR
06-21-2011, 10:52 PM
I see a bit of Saturn in the styling. To bad Penske could't pull off the deal to save that brand.

Superamerica
06-22-2011, 04:07 AM
Actually, the Toyota Aurion front-end looks better on the Aurion than on this car. But I still like the rest of it. Viewed from the back, this is basically a poor man's Jaguar XJ, which is a good thing, IMO. Given it's a Samsung, I'm sure it will undercut similar offerings from VW, Peugeot-Citroen, etc. Renault should definitely bring it to Europe and sell it as a Safrane.

mick78
06-22-2011, 07:02 AM
Actually, the Toyota Aurion front-end looks better on the Aurion than on this car. But I still like the rest of it. Viewed from the back, this is basically a poor man's Jaguar XJ, which is a good thing, IMO. Given it's a Samsung, I'm sure it will undercut similar offerings from VW, Peugeot-Citroen, etc. Renault should definitely bring it to Europe and sell it as a Safrane.

Yeah, it is not bad looking. However, I'm pretty sure it would.fail in Europe, for several reasons, mosr obvious all non premium makers have left that segment. People don't think Renault when they move up from the D segment here.

Also, the SM5 sold here is far from cheap(yes, it comes fully equiped, but at levels of base Audi A6 e.g., so falling out of most fleet schemes. Which contribute great in these aegment), and is known for a combination of poor handling and so so ride. As it is said that the SM7 is derived from the SM5/Latitude, it would have a rather hard life in this respect too.

Decontent ir, give.it an estate version, and you can fight the Skoda Superb. Everything else wont work.

DdW
06-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Imo, I found the car's design language rather pleasing. At the least, Samsung did not implement the Nissan "hands-me-down" theme.