PDA

View Full Version : 2011 New York International Auto Show

autovids
03-22-2011, 09:41 PM
The 2011 New York International Auto Show will be held next month. Press days will be Wednesday and Thursday, April 20th/21st and the show will then be open to members of the public from Friday, April 22nd thru Sunday, May 1st.

For information, Lexus have a pre-show preview event for the LF-Gh concept car (see below).

MEDIA NOTIFICATION: LEXUS MEDIA PREVIEW EVENT FOR THE NEW YORK AUTO SHOW

Lexus will unveil its new LF-Gh concept car at the New York Auto Show in April. Media representatives attending the show are invited to join a preview event at Centre 548 in New York on the evening of 19 April, the day before the first press day.

If you are able to attend, please register your details at the dedicated web site at www.LexusLFGhConcept.com/media.

Press registration for the show itself can be organised on-line at www.autoshowny.com.

This may be of interest to some members of carspyshots.net :)

DATSUN
03-22-2011, 11:28 PM
I'm going!

I'm actually working on going during one of the press days..:devil1:

DoMiNo
03-22-2011, 11:42 PM
I took the liberty of renaming the thread; it will just be the general NYIAS thread.

Nath
03-23-2011, 12:30 AM
typical, it's a good thread, good info and in the right place and you STILL have to change something ;)

autovids
03-23-2011, 01:23 AM
typical, it's a good thread, good info and in the right place and you STILL have to change something ;)

That's cos you're all pickin on me, as I said previously :nono: :rofl: No problem renaming the thread :devil1: If I happen across any other non model specific' info I'll chuck it in here. Guess I'll be back tomorrow posting the wrong stuff in the wrong places again - gotta give the members - apt name :eek: - something to biatch about ;)

I'm going!

I'm actually working on going during one of the press days.. :devil1:

Accreditation is pretty tough for the NY show, so good luck on that one and take plenty of photos of the hot chicks (as well as some cars, of course) if you manage to get in :P

63Bonneville
03-23-2011, 02:04 AM
I'll be attending this show, myself, too, I usually go on the first Saturday, the day before Easter Sunday, and at least one other time during the course of the week.

So far, all I know now that will debut at NYIAS is the Lexus LF-Gh concept, which should point the way to the next-generation GS sedan, the new-generation VW Beetle (simultaneously with the Shanghai show), an open-top version of the Fiat 500, and I also believe a Scion variant of the Toyota FT-86 coupe, unveiled in a more production-close form recently in Geneva.

joeyo
03-23-2011, 03:42 AM
I missed last year, so hopefully I can make it this year.

against the wall
03-23-2011, 03:53 AM
Missing it for first time since 2008. Oh well. I would be going if it was a week later when I get home from school. Hell if it ended on May 2nd I would be able to go.

DATSUN
03-23-2011, 05:24 AM
Accreditation is pretty tough for the NY show, so good luck on that one and take plenty of photos of the hot chicks (as well as some cars, of course) if you manage to get in :P

I'd be going with a manufacturer. ;)

caarmike
03-27-2011, 12:45 PM
There's recurring buzz that the new Toyota Camry will be unveiled. Also it should be the in-the-flesh debut of the new Civic. Wonder if earthquake-related events will change the autoshow plans of any of the Japanese automakers?

boston
03-28-2011, 07:50 PM
One month to go and nothing really specific yet.

Is everyone sleeping in the marketing department. Time to crank up the leak machines.

DoMiNo
03-28-2011, 08:15 PM
One month to go and nothing really specific yet.

Is everyone sleeping in the marketing department. Time to crank up the leak machines.

To be fair, it's NYIAS...not Detroit, or Geneva...not even L.A.

against the wall
03-31-2011, 06:04 AM
this actually sounds like its gonna be a good show...
XF facelift
XK facelift
LF-Gh concept
Chevy Malibu
6 debuts from Mercedes. According to autoblog:SLK
C-class coupe
C-class sedan facelift
C63 AMG coupe
SLS AMG convertible
Concept A
Panamera Turbo S
Fiat 500 vert
Scion version of Toyota FT-86
Hyundai Accent
2012 Subaru Impreza
2012 Jeep GC SRT-8 possible
Kia Rio
Nissan Versa
2 Suzuki Kizashi concepts
2012 Shelby Gt500 Super Snake
Unnamed Chrysler Group production car and "race-inspired" concept
Nissan NISMO Leaf RC Concept
New Infiniti model

against the wall
03-31-2011, 09:07 PM
Kia Rio sedan confirmed

caarmike
04-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Chevrolet Malibu concept likely.

joeyo
04-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 is debuting at NYIAS too, isn't it?

against the wall
04-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Chevrolet Malibu concept likely.

dont think so. they just released a teaser image the other day, its making its world debut in Shanghai first (and a few days later in NY), and its not like GM to make a concept of a production car that should be on sale in around 6 months. That's Honda's mantra

against the wall
04-05-2011, 01:04 AM
Nissan Versa debut confirmed, as well as most likely the new new Beetle.

against the wall
04-05-2011, 06:24 PM
2 Suzuki Kizashi concepts confirmed

against the wall
04-06-2011, 08:19 PM
made my second post in the thread a comprehensive list.

phaeton
04-11-2011, 08:41 AM
Nissan Versa debut confirmed, as well as most likely the new new Beetle.

The new New Beetle will be renamed the Beetle if thats not to confusing :D

against the wall
04-11-2011, 04:33 PM
updated list

63Bonneville
04-11-2011, 07:43 PM
There should be much happening at this year's show, for NYIAS 2010 was a bit minimal, and with a lack of concepts, likely as a result if the economy starting with the 2008 "meltdown". and the bail-outs at the time of GM and Chrysler. Also, you have to take into account that there's no more Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Saturn, Hummer, and now Mercury. I'll add this, that the Mercury section at the 2010 NYIAS was truly minimal, especially with floorspace, getting lost in the shuffle, and was reminding me of Oldsmobile, towards it's end in 2004. My thoughts were well founded.

If you think about it, we almost lost Chrysler, as a whole, for it was in worse shape than GM, at the time, as well as coming thiscloseto losing Saab. Chrysler has had a string of financial crises, from the mid-60s, early-80s, again in the early 90s (the then-new LH series was referred to as the "Last Hope"), and, again within the last two years.

Ascariss
04-11-2011, 08:08 PM
2 more weeks to go, looking forward to the debuts.

against the wall
04-12-2011, 12:20 AM
updated again

DATSUN
04-12-2011, 05:16 AM
I'm pretty excited for the show. I should be going to the Lexus event on the 19th. I will also be at the show a couple days for work.

boston
04-15-2011, 06:30 PM
dont think so. they just released a teaser image the other day, its making its world debut in Shanghai first (and a few days later in NY), and its not like GM to make a concept of a production car that should be on sale in around 6 months. That's Honda's mantra

Talking about Honda Mantra, expect to see the CR-V concept introduced in NY. Typically close to the final version Honda Concept.

Or maybe thats "concept".

You decide!

against the wall
04-16-2011, 12:31 AM
updated with Nissan concept and new infiniti

joeyo
04-16-2011, 10:24 PM
The Chrysler 200 Convertible should be removed from the debut list, as it's already on sale.

63Bonneville
04-17-2011, 03:50 AM
The Chrysler 200 Convertible should be removed from the debut list, as it's already on sale.

I've seen a couple of 200 convertibles at dealerships already, this is true.

boston
04-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Talking about Honda Mantra, expect to see the CR-V concept introduced in NY. Typically close to the final version Honda Concept.

Or maybe thats "concept".

You decide!

TOV is now reporting no CRV. Perhaps Honda wants the focus to be on the Civic.

DoMiNo
04-20-2011, 04:15 PM
I heard an interview with Mark Reuss on the radio this morning; he was saying that the Malibu eAssist model (38mpg hwy.) as well as some sort of urban Cadillac concept were going to debut at NYAIS?

edit: never mind, he must've been referring to the previously-debuted Urban Luxury (http://www.netcarshow.com/cadillac/2010-urban_luxury_concept/) concept. Forgot about that one.

63Bonneville
04-21-2011, 02:02 AM
I thought that Chrysler was supposed to introduce a "race inspired" concept at New York. Chrysler had some amazing debuts with the Grand Cherokee and 300 SRT8s already, but, I thought that this concept was in addition to this.

63Bonneville
04-23-2011, 03:14 PM
It's now Saturday, 4/23, as I post this, and I'm all psyched up and heading to the New York Auto Show now!!! That would be amazing if I ran into anyone here from CSS at the event! Ready to take lots of pictures, too.