PDA

View Full Version : Shocker: No one wants to buy Honda's ugly, pointless new models.

DoMiNo
12-07-2010, 02:14 AM
According to Autoblog (http://www.autoblog.com/2010/12/06/cr-z-crosstour-insight-sales-hurting-odyssey-lone-bright-spo/) (reporting on an AN article), U.S. sales of Honda's oxymoronic trio--the Insight, Crosstour, and CR-Z--are falling precipitously short of even the most conservative sales projections.

Frankly, I'm surprised the freakish Accord wasn't listed as a dud, as well.

joeyo
12-07-2010, 03:19 AM
I see a bunch of CrossTours, CR-Zs and Insights every day....but they're all still on dealer lots, waiting to be put out to pasture.

Amazingly, the new Odyssey seems to be doing very well in my area. It's kind of growing on me, actually.

DoMiNo
12-07-2010, 03:32 AM
Amazingly, the new Odyssey seems to be doing very well in my area. It's kind of growing on me, actually.

Yeah evidently the Odyssey is the bright spot in their new product portfolio. I agree that on the road it's really not bad. Especially relative to the Sienna and new Quest.

Naga Royal Guard
12-08-2010, 01:37 AM
Yeah evidently the Odyssey is the bright spot in their new product portfolio. I agree that on the road it's really not bad. Especially relative to the Sienna and new Quest.

didnt know you were in the market for such a vehicle

there were reports of a gas powered CR-Z, a spiritual (4 seat) successor to the sub-legendary CR-X, but with a Civic Si on the same lot, who could be bothered either way

honda/acura has truly lost its way - acura never had one when honda refuted the significance of a large RWD chassis

DoMiNo
12-08-2010, 03:02 AM
didnt know you were in the market for such a vehicle

When the best thing I can say about Honda is that their minivan looks okay you know things are bad.

DATSUN
12-08-2010, 07:01 AM
I'm glad they're flopping. Honda needs to see the direction they're going isn't a good one. They better rush that gas-powered CR-Z because once the Veloster comes out it will be irrelevant.

swizzle
12-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Honda/Acura desperately needs to fire their styling team.

ElementW
12-09-2010, 01:15 AM
Honda/Acura desperately needs to fire their styling team.

Yup, that should be the first step. The Crosstour is nothing but an utterly pointless joke. And why did they make the Accord's rear look like a Mercury Grand Marquis? And Acura is like...eek! List goes on.