PDA

View Full Version : CSS Car of the Year Awards

CosworthKid
06-08-2010, 10:18 AM
How bout we have our own Car of the Year awards here on CSS? I wouldn't be hard to do, we could all either select our top picks for the year from all segments and the ones with the most votes get selected. Overall car of the year could have each member nominate 1 car (or a top 5 list) and the car with the most votes gets the title. I think this could be really fun and CSS could even get more mentions on other car blogs and sites this way

Ascariss
06-08-2010, 12:59 PM
im down for it, we can create a special section for it as well.

CosworthKid
06-08-2010, 01:07 PM
im down for it, we can create a special section for it as well.

Yeah that would be excellent!

Rob
06-08-2010, 04:37 PM
That sounds like a fantastic idea, I'm really up for it. :)

CosworthKid
06-08-2010, 08:52 PM
That sounds like a fantastic idea, I'm really up for it. :)

Cool, let's see if we manage to pull this off:P

Rob
06-09-2010, 04:55 PM
It'd only work if we could all be unbiased in our voting... do you reckon we could do that? ;)

DoMiNo
06-10-2010, 05:19 AM
As if journalists or panelists in any COTY competition are "unbiased."

Rob
06-10-2010, 04:36 PM
They're never unbiased, but it'd be so much fairer and more enjoyable if they were.

DoMiNo
06-11-2010, 04:35 AM
They're never unbiased, but it'd be so much fairer and more enjoyable if they were.

It would be...inhuman.

CosworthKid
06-11-2010, 02:22 PM
It'd only work if we could all be unbiased in our voting... do you reckon we could do that? ;)

Well let's just put it this way: we will be able to tell which models did actually deserve to win in the end;) Plus usually most of us agree on the best cars, even if not everyone's top choice is the same

TheSwageLine
06-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Sounds like a good idea.

And since we have members from across the globe (I was about to type "galaxy". Haha!), we'll maybe see quite a bit of diversity. For example, in the C-segment category, someone in the US or Australia might vote for the Cruze, where Europeans might prefer the Astra. Or something like that... I've forgot where I was headed with this post...

Ascariss
06-11-2010, 10:00 PM
I will try to have the section set up by sunday.

CosworthKid
06-11-2010, 10:12 PM
I will try to have the section set up by sunday.

WOW that is FAST!! :bows::bows::bows:

Rob
06-12-2010, 09:18 AM
WOW that is FAST!! :bows::bows::bows:
Indeed, thanks a bunch Ascariss. :) Can't wait to get going with it.

Ascariss
06-13-2010, 10:45 PM
it will have to be either tomorrow or tuesday seeing as I am a bit busy with things at the moment, sorry guys.

Rob
06-14-2010, 06:39 PM
No problem, that's still very quick.

Baji192
06-15-2010, 02:14 PM
sounds like an interesting idea, but how will the voting work if say....you've never seen the car in person, nor drivien it? Would it be based merely on pictures and written stats?

Rob
06-15-2010, 05:07 PM
sounds like an interesting idea, but how will the voting work if say....you've never seen the car in person, nor drivien it? Would it be based merely on pictures and written stats?
I guess it'd have to be... it's not ideal, but it seems like the only option.
And since we have members from across the globe (I was about to type "galaxy". Haha!), we'll maybe see quite a bit of diversity. For example, in the C-segment category, someone in the US or Australia might vote for the Cruze, where Europeans might prefer the Astra. Or something like that... I've forgot where I was headed with this post...
You're right, this sort of thing would only work on an international forum. :)

CosworthKid
06-16-2010, 10:22 AM
it will have to be either tomorrow or tuesday seeing as I am a bit busy with things at the moment, sorry guys.

No worries Ascariss, you are still quick!

Yeah most probably but that ain't a bad thing cause they will be the CSS awards after all and this is how we, the members of CSS judge cars for the most part;)

Ascariss
06-16-2010, 10:48 AM
quick questions, do you guys want it just one section or with subsections?

Baji192
06-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Maybe like:

CSS Car of the Year Awards:
- Best Super Mini
- Best Medium Sized Car
- Best SUV

etc

So like a section for the award itself, and then subsections for each category, where we can post up nominations and reasons for why we think it deserves the award.

CosworthKid
06-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Maybe like:

CSS Car of the Year Awards:
- Best Super Mini
- Best Medium Sized Car
- Best SUV

etc

So like a section for the award itself, and then subsections for each category, where we can post up nominations and reasons for why we think it deserves the award.

That's the idea:P

Rob
06-16-2010, 04:20 PM
That's what I was thinking, although I think the categories should be...

- Best supermini (A and B-segment)
- Best mid-size car (C, D and E-segment)
- Best SUV / MPV
- Best coupe / convertible

...and perhaps an overall COTY award, too.

CosworthKid
06-16-2010, 05:46 PM
That's what I was thinking, although I think the categories should be...

- Best supermini (A and B-segment)
- Best mid-size car (C, D and E-segment)
- Best SUV / MPV
- Best coupe / convertible

...and perhaps an overall COTY award, too.

I think the main purpose is to have an overall winner so that's a no brainer for me. As for the rest it could be just the categories you mentioned i suppose, although i would have liked it if we had even more such as best city car, best compact, best small SUV, best luxury offering, best full sized saloon, best sportscar etc etc

Rob
06-16-2010, 06:35 PM
As for the rest it could be just the categories you mentioned i suppose, although i would have liked it if we had even more such as best city car, best compact, best small SUV, best luxury offering, best full sized saloon, best sportscar etc etc
I'd rather we keep the array of categories as simple as possible.

If we go overboard with categories there wouldn't be much voting choice, especially if the cars involved have to have gone on sale / been launched in the past year.

CosworthKid
06-16-2010, 06:42 PM
I don't see why it would complicate things more? Plus, for example, putting the C,D and E segment cars up for same votes would be kinda unfair and even more confusing i thing. Besides isn't it part of the fun to get to vote for lots of cars in different segments? lol I kinda wish we could hear the opinions of more members on this topic, especially from moderators

Rob
06-16-2010, 06:59 PM
Plus, for example, putting the C,D and E segment cars up for same votes would be kinda unfair and even more confusing i thing. Besides isn't it part of the fun to get to vote for lots of cars in different segments?
Yeah, you're right.
lol I kinda wish we could hear the opinions of more members on this topic, especially from moderators
Same here...

CosworthKid
06-29-2010, 09:16 AM
Any news on the awards section Ascariss?

Ascariss
06-29-2010, 08:46 PM
woops i knew i forgot something, once i am back hom i'll set it up

CosworthKid
06-30-2010, 07:49 AM
lol fair enough

Ascariss
07-03-2010, 01:46 PM
having some issues creating the new sections, hold tight folks I will figure it out.

CosworthKid
07-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Ok Ascariss, let us know if there is anything we can do to help

Ascariss
07-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Ok I have created the forum and if you guys want I can add subforums in it for different categories but you will need to tell me which categories everyone wants, obviously not too many but then again not to few.

DoMiNo
07-04-2010, 04:03 PM
I say we keep it simple. A Car, Truck, and Performance Car of the year. If we had to vote on every vehicle all over the world by segment or by price this could turn into a needlessly complex affair. But that's just me.

CosworthKid
07-05-2010, 09:40 AM
I think car, truck and PCOTY is too short of a list to make it fun. Plus "truck" and "car" is just too broad of a segment making it even more confusing to people who want to vote IMO, not to mention that fancy cars and SUV's will probably end up leading the score board based on fan base and desirability alone. IMO it would be more fun and fair to create more categories