PDA

View Full Version : 2010 North American International Auto Show

caarmike
08-16-2009, 02:38 PM
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/164/naias10.jpg

<i>Wow, this needs some serious editing. So much has changed since I posted this in August.</i>

OK, I know it's early, but GM's big preview shindig this past week got me thinking that big things could be coming for next year's NAIAS. Now that everyone's done with bankruptcy and the economy is recovering, this could be the mother of all comebacks for Detroit. Here' what I think we could see from the US-based automakers:

GM

Buick
*Regal (US debut)
<i>Already happened in LA</i>
<del>*Hybrid "VUE"</del>
<i>Canceled a week after I posted this</i>
*CUV Concept
*Small sedan concept

Cadillac
*ATS and/or XTS concept
*CTS coupe production model (if not already shown at LA)
<i>Already seen</i>
*CTS-V Wagon <del>(maybe as a "concept")</del>
<i>Pretty sure its real</i>

Chevrolet
*Aveo/Viva
*Production Orlando
*Spark (US debut)

GMC
*CUV concept

FORD
<del>First of all, I predict the new Focus will NOT be there. It would upstage the Fiesta and hurt sales of the existing Focus. I believe they'll hold the new Focus reveal until LA 2010.</del>
<i>I still can't believe Ford has confirmed the new Focus for Detroit. It's never been spy photographed and there's good marketing reasons not to show it this soon. Maybe it's a "concept".</i>
*2011 Mustang w/new engines (Coyote end Ecoboost?)
<i>Will be seen in LA</i>
*Edge (if not already seen in LA)
<i>A lot of silence about this one. Maybe put off to Chicago?</i>
<i>*Explorer
Seems likely since it's significant product already well along in development</i>

Mercury
*Small car concept

Lincoln
*Kuga-based crossover concept
*MKX (if not already seen in LA)
<i>See Ford Edge</i>

CHRYSLER

Dodge
*Charger
<del>*Production Circuit</del>
<i>Dead and gone.</i>
*Small car concept

Jeep
*Fiat Panda-based concept
<i>Likely to be called Phoenix. Previewed in Chrysler's November restructuring plan.</i>

Fiat 500 US-spec models.

In addition to this I expect several more concepts we couldn't even conceive of right now. <del>Saturn will make it's first showing as an independent brand.</del> <i>I was so naive and innocent then</i>. Tesla will have the Model-S there <del>and Fisker should be in production by then</del> <i>Nope</i>.
I'll start looking into hotels and transportation soon as this looks like a show not to be missed.
<i>I've booked my flight and I'm ready to go.</i>

asrapid
08-20-2009, 08:34 PM
i would like to see new engines from GM. Gen V small block or maybe ATS with TT V6;)

against the wall
11-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Just got a new update from the official Twitter feed for the show, and it says the CTS-V coupe will debut here. I'm guessing that implies we should see the regular coupe at LA

Resident Evil Genius
11-22-2009, 05:58 PM
I recieved a piece of promotional mail from Ford about the Fiesta . Big reveal will be at the L.A. show in December & that Starting on December 2, 2009 vist http:fordvehicles.com/2011fiesta for your all access pass to everything Fiesta including a convenient way to reserve your own online.

forked69
11-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Mahindra 4-door Pickup

This message is brough to you by:
http://www.kingfisherlager.co.uk/images/about_pic.png

forked69
11-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Kia Cadenza 4-door sedan

This message is brought to you by:
http://www.sakura-cafe.asia/img/qb.jpg

against the wall
12-16-2009, 02:46 AM
ill make my own list and update whenever. off the top of my head for now, the 100% confirmed debuts:
BMW Z4 sDrive35is
BMW Concept ActiveE
Buick Regal sport version (GS?)
Cadillac CTS-V coupe
Cadillac XTS Concept
Chevy Aveo pre-production concept
Chevy Orlando pre-production concept
Chevy Camaro convertible
Chevy Malibu revision
Chevy Spark
GMC Acadia Denali
GMC Granite (Orlando)
Ford Mustang GT 5.0L
Ford Focus
Honda CR-Z
Lincoln MKX
Mini Beachcomber Concept
Mercedes E-Class cabrio
Toyota hybrid concept
VW Touareg (and hybrid version)

the1
12-16-2009, 02:21 PM
new Chrysler logo coupled with the new 300C launch, right? 'Cause I hope they won't just show us a new logo and that's it.

CosworthKid
12-16-2009, 02:31 PM
new Chrysler logo coupled with the new 300C launch, right? 'Cause I hope they won't just show us a new logo and that's it.

lol that would be sooo Fiat of them wouldn't it:P;)

63Bonneville
12-16-2009, 03:32 PM
This report indicates that the updated 2011 Ford Mustang GT may very well debut in Detroit (NAIAS) with the long awaited and anticipated 5.0L Coyote V8 with 400 or more HP. This would be a nice follow-up to the base 2011 Mustang with the much welcomed 3.7L V6 with a healthy 305HP and 280 pounds of torque, which just debuted at LA. To think, one time 300 HP numbers were considered supercar territory! Here's a link to the article, placed below:

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2009/12/detroit-preview-2011-ford-mustang-gt-expected-with-400-hp-5-0-liter-v8.html

I would also safely figure that the 5.0L "Coyote" V8 would find a home in the full-sized BOF pickups (F-150 mainly - the Super Duty will have the Boss 6.2L V8) and SUVs, to succeed perhaps both the 4.6L and 5.4L V8s.

against the wall
12-16-2009, 09:50 PM

well I was only listed 100% confirmed stuff, and so far all they have confirmed as definitely coming is a logo. There will most likely be a car to go with it, but it just hasnt been announced yet

DoMiNo
12-16-2009, 10:00 PM
Logos shouldn't "debut." I'm calling marketing shenanigans on these people. Give us something of substance, for crying out loud. Something that reminds people Chrysler is still, in fact, producing cars.

against the wall
12-16-2009, 10:47 PM
press conference schedule comes out sometimes this week.

63Bonneville
12-16-2009, 11:00 PM
I won't wish the Holidays away, but I'm looking forward to NAIAS in January!!

I'm sure Chrysler will debut far more than a new logo. That Cadillac CTS-V is one production debut to look forward to, and I would hope I would see in (production-close) concept form, an ATS, XTS, or perhaps both. I posted earlier about the Mustang GT with the long-awaited 5.0L Coyote V8, that's something to see, and Mustang will run with the best in it's class!! Other debuts were given away such as that hit Mercedes-Benz E-Class convertible and the BMW Z4 sDrive35is. There's also the reported Mercedes-Benz secret concept which is said to influence future design direction; maybe it could be a mild concept version of the next-generation CLS, some were surmising. I'm wondering too about the next-generation Infiniti QX56, will that be in Detroit, or maybe in Chicago or New York? Chicago is mostly production debuts, and Nissan/Infiniti usually has major debuts in New York.

DoMiNo
12-17-2009, 12:36 AM
I do hope we see the Explorer. Or does that seem like more of a Chicago or NYIAS debut?

against the wall
12-17-2009, 01:24 AM
I would say the Explorer is a pretty important vehicle for Ford, and headlining the show with the new Focus and Explorer should be enough. The Edge facelift will probably be at one of the later shows.

and I added the BMW Concept ActiveE to my list. (1er coupe plug-in)

DoMiNo
12-17-2009, 01:46 AM
If Ford shows both the Focus and the Explorer at NAIAS they will steal the show just like they did L.A. I am really expecting GM to step up; as 63Bonneville expressed, the ATS (even in lightly-veiled concept form) could give them some good coverage. As could a Regal GS.

pjl35
12-17-2009, 02:16 AM
There's also the reported Mercedes-Benz secret concept which is said to influence future design direction; maybe it could be a mild concept version of the next-generation CTS, some were surmising.

Wait what?

DoMiNo
12-17-2009, 02:32 AM
hahaha yeah...wait....

63Bonneville
12-17-2009, 05:52 AM
Wait what?

I corrected it in my post, pjl35, thank you for pointing it out; it should have read "CLS", not "CTS". Sometimes these alpha-numeric names can be a bit confusing.

As DoMiNo mentioned, too, I would also like to see a next-generation, D4-based Explorer appear at NAIAS. I also hope it gets an EcoBoost V6 in the top trim, for it doing very successfully in the D4 family. It may be too early to know, but a report or two on the familiar sites, particularly in www.leftlanenews.com, indicated that the next Explorer may be fitted with a 4-banger in the base, I hope that's incorrect information; even in EcoBoost guise, a 4-cyl is not up to a vehicle such as an Explorer and it's heft, even if unibody. I could see a 3.5L Duratec or 3.7L as a base, not the four.

the1
12-17-2009, 02:25 PM
I think the Merc concept might preview the next S-Class IMO. The CLS is close to the current gen in therms of styling.

against the wall
12-18-2009, 02:38 AM
press conference schedule
Monday, January 11, 2010<o:p></o:p>

7:00 am Media Credential Office Opens / <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Oakland</st1:city></st1:place> Concourse<o:p></o:p>
7:00 am Show Floor Opens<o:p></o:p>
7:30-7:50 am NAIAS 2010 Opening Ceremony / Michigan Hall Stage <o:p></o:p>
8:00-8:30 am North American Car and Truck of the Year Awards / Michigan Hall Stage<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
****<o:p></o:p>
8:45-9:10 am Ford / Cobo Arena <o:p></o:p>
9:25-9:50 am Buick and GMC <o:p></o:p>
10:05-10:30 am <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Toyota</st1:place></st1:city> / Riverview Ballroom <o:p></o:p>
10:40-11:05 am Volkswagen <o:p></o:p>
11:15-11:40 am Mercedes-Benz <o:p></o:p>
11:50 am-12:15 pm BMW<o:p></o:p>
12:25-12:50 pm Audi <o:p></o:p>
1:00-1:25 pm Bentley <o:p></o:p>
1:35-2:00 pm Honda <o:p></o:p>
2:10-2:35 pm Kia <o:p></o:p>
2:45-3:10 pm MINI<o:p></o:p>
3:20-3:45 pm Hyundai <o:p></o:p>
3:55-4:20 pm Chevrolet <o:p></o:p>
4:30-4:55 pm SMS Supercars <o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Tuesday, January 12, 2010<o:p></o:p>

7:30 am Show Floor Opens<o:p></o:p>
8:00-8:25 am <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Lincoln</st1:city></st1:place> / Cobo Arena<o:p></o:p>
8:40-9:05 am Cadillac <o:p></o:p>
9:15-9:40 am Subaru <o:p></o:p>
9:50-10:15 am Commuter Cars <o:p></o:p>
10:25-10:50 am BYD <o:p></o:p>
11:00-11:25 am CT&T United <o:p></o:p>
11:35 am-12:00 pm Revenge Designs<o:p></o:p>
12:10-12:35 pm Tesla <o:p></o:p>
****<o:p></o:p>
12:45-1:10 pm Michelin / Location TBA<o:p></o:p>
1:20-1:45 pm MEDC–X Prize / Location TBA<o:p></o:p>
1:55-2:20 pm ZF Group / Location TBA <o:p></o:p>
2:30-2:55 pmDow Kokam / Location TBA<o:p></o:p>
3:05-3:30 pm EyesOn Design Awards / Location TBA

against the wall
12-18-2009, 05:08 AM
added a trio of Chevy debuts, Acadia Denali, and the 2011 Stang GT

DoMiNo
12-18-2009, 05:58 AM
I was surprised to hear they'd be showing the Aveo (in "RS" trim, no less, a good sign IMO)...hopefully it is a MASSIVE improvement over the outgoing model. The new Acadia Denali is a heinously ugly vestige of old-GM tackiness that should have never made it past the planning stages. Thankfully the Camaro convertible will give GM a little something to "show off" in Motown.

against the wall
12-18-2009, 06:10 AM
and the Orlando.

DoMiNo
12-18-2009, 06:20 AM
meh. .........

against the wall
12-18-2009, 06:21 AM
I just want to see how much they dumb it down. supposedly theyre only showing the final exterior design, but not the final interior.

CosworthKid
12-18-2009, 05:52 PM
<!-- article container 01, BEGIN --> <!-- Starts the Loop --> <!-- post header, BEGIN --> 2012 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible to debut at Detroit show (http://www.leftlanenews.com/2012-chevrolet-camaro-convertible-to-debut-at-detroit-show.html)

Sorry for "spamming" the site with leftlanenews links but its too time-consuming to "clean" all the txt )-:

Ascariss
12-18-2009, 06:35 PM
err any reason why the show is moving to the 2nd week of january now? wasn't it usually during the first week of january?

Ascariss
12-18-2009, 06:37 PM
err why a S class concept?

pjl35
12-18-2009, 09:23 PM
err why a S class concept?

err why not? the s has been out long enough that it wouldn't be out of the ordinary to preview the next generation with a concept. they've done it before

DoMiNo
12-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Any chance we could see the new Ford Police Interceptor? They did say they'd show it Q1 2010...

against the wall
12-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Sounds more like a Chicago-type car

DoMiNo
12-19-2009, 10:34 PM
I dunno....Detroit? Crime? ;)

against the wall
12-19-2009, 10:37 PM
touche, but Chicago has a deeper and more well-known history concerning the police force.

against the wall
12-20-2009, 02:56 AM
added a few more GM debuts that were shown at their sneak peek last week:
GMC Graphite, based on Orlando
sport version of the Regal
the new revised Malibu we heard about a few months ago.
Chevy Spark US version

DoMiNo
12-20-2009, 03:23 AM
'Bu on the left, Granite on the right?

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/09/gmcommercialconcepts002.png

against the wall
12-20-2009, 03:27 AM
and probably the ATS behind clipboard man. good catch.

DoMiNo
12-20-2009, 03:55 AM
and probably the ATS behind clipboard man. good catch.

Nah this is likely the ATS:
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/09/gmcommercialconcepts004.png

against the wall
12-20-2009, 04:23 AM
so then whats the 1st pic? Production Converj?

DoMiNo
12-20-2009, 04:34 AM
That was my impression, but who knows. Could be just a styling buck for the Converj concept. Or it maybe the XTS? Seems to me that it's got too long a front overhang to be a RWD car, though, so I figured it couldn't be the ATS.

63Bonneville
12-20-2009, 05:15 AM
The white vehicle behind the clipboard man does not appear to have RWD proportions, so I don't believe that it's the ATS. The ATS looks to be the dark blue vehicle peeking out of the cover in the other shot. I can see the GMC Graphite, and I'm wondering what that mock-up Chevy is to the shot's left and clip-board man's right? I'm also hoping to see the XTS soon, too.

against the wall
12-22-2009, 06:26 AM
added Cadillac Concept to my list
that brings the total to 10 confirmed world premieres for GM

erzhik
12-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Lancia-based Chrysler to debut?
Image shows a Lancia with a Chrysler grille.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/report-lancia-based-chrysler-model-to-surface-at-detroit-show.html

If true, is this the first OK looking Chrysler in years?

erzhik
12-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Jalopnik confirms its an XTS concept. Wow, thats one huge display for GM.

http://jalopnik.com/5432352/cadillac-xts-is-the-new-cadillac-concept?skyline=true&s=i

63Bonneville
12-24-2009, 08:40 PM
Jalopnik confirms its an XTS concept. Wow, thats one huge display for GM.

http://jalopnik.com/5432352/cadillac-xts-is-the-new-cadillac-concept?skyline=true&s=i

I know that this site was down for a day and a half, now it's great to get back on!

Thanks, erzhik, for posting and updating, and this is great to know. I can see where what appears to be a diagram-outline of an SUV/truck-like vehicle can throw one off, but it does indeed state "XTS" underneath it. There was the exclusive GM meeting where no photos were allowed and the XTS was presented, among other vehicles on-deck, and that is firm proof right there.

This is one of my bigger highlights of the Detroit show/NAIAS!

My perception of this car is as follows: a large sedan perhaps at least 205" in length (the "super" Epsilon-2 platform-mate, the Chevrolet Impala is reported to be larger than the current Impala) and have many design-ques of the hotly-received 2003 Sixteen concept, but not as large and proportioned differently for the XTS is FWD and FWD-bias AWD. I also see a fairly narrow and up-swept greenhouse with a steeply angled rear-window and short trunk-lid with it's top high above the ground, and like the narrow, vertical tail-lights pointed out slightly and emulating tail-fins. I also see a 3.6L D.I. V6 with 280-300HP as the base powerplant, and an upgrade consisting of some form of an LS V8 mounted transversely, but with the requisite AWD for this powerplant, and the later could pit well with Ford's EcoBoost V6 D4 vehicles.

swizzle
12-25-2009, 01:31 AM
Lancia-based Chrysler to debut?
Image shows a Lancia with a Chrysler grille.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/report-lancia-based-chrysler-model-to-surface-at-detroit-show.html

If true, is this the first OK looking Chrysler in years?

Nothing could be worse than the Mercedes inflicted styling of recent Chryslers. Lancias show promise and sheet metal sells.:naughty:

erzhik
12-26-2009, 11:35 PM
lets just hope the XTS will at least look worthy to compete against ze germans.

63Bonneville
12-27-2009, 11:35 PM
lets just hope the XTS will at least look worthy to compete against ze germans.

Taking into account some of GM's latest designs, I have confidence that this is going to be a stunner, and going by the press reaction from that exclusive meeting, it was all positive. I get the feeling that the XTS sedan shown is a very production-close concept, but the RWD Alpha-based ATS shown may be the real deal. The more that I think and post about it, the more eager with anticipation I'm getting about the XTS.

I've posted about this several times before, but I feel that the XTS will pit more with the Lincoln MKS than with the fine German sedans, or perhaps be a bridge between the Lincoln and the Teutonic rides, depending on the XTS's trim level. I've just seen a sharp black Lincoln MKS with 20" chrome wheels pass by on the road today, and what a sharp sedan! I'm mentioned my fondness of Ford's D4 family.

I'll mention this, speaking of Ford's D4 family, just yesterday, I saw a Lincoln MKT crossover, for the first time in the wild, and not on a dealer lot, on the road passing opposite me, that's a striking vehicle with a bold front! That MKT, with it's split "winged" grill, and in my rear-view mirror recently, driving behind me, was a new BMW 7-Series; and with it's twin-kidney grill getting bolder and bolder, as with each generation of new BMW, it made me think more: Pontiac lives through Lincoln & BMW!

Yeah, the last paragraph was just a tangent that I couldn't resist to post, but... BRING ON THE XTS!!!

DoMiNo
12-28-2009, 07:33 AM
I'm frankly not sure of where on the demographic spectrum the MKS is selling, but my hunch is that the XTS will be an ever-so-slightly softer car than the Lincoln. When the Town Car is finally phased out, there will be something of a domestic "land yacht" void to fill and I feel like the XTS, while sharper than the DTS, will seek to fill that role (even if it is FWD).

Still, I hope it's a looker. But my hopes are really high for the ATS.

63Bonneville
12-28-2009, 08:12 AM
I can see where the CTS, and the upcoming ATS will be more of the import-fighters for Cadillac, but not so much the XTS, from what I can gather. The XTS could be a modern take on the traditional American land-yacht. The DTS is basically dated, especially it's chassis, which originates form the Oldsmobile Aurora from MY1994, but the Olds Aurora was very cutting-edge for it's time, but, that was now 16 years ago. The Lincoln Towncar is Jurassic, where it's panther platform began in MY1979, during the Carter administration, but it had been rebodied basically three times, with facelifts in between and it served a solid purpose. The BOF Panther line at Ford are to stay through 2011, I understand, then be ended. The Lincoln MKS looks to span a good age demographic, and the EcoBoost models are aggressive and would also help bring some younger blood to the brand, as other Lincoln offerings have.

I'm also hoping that there will be an up-level XTS with AWD and some form of an LS V8, mounted east-west, to compete with Ford's EcoBoost.

asrapid
12-28-2009, 09:24 AM
I can see where the CTS, and the upcoming ATS will be more of the import-fighters for Cadillac, but not so much the XTS, from what I can gather. The XTS could be a modern take on the traditional American land-yacht. The DTS is basically dated, especially it's chassis, which originates form the Oldsmobile Aurora from MY1994, but the Olds Aurora was very cutting-edge for it's time, but, that was now 16 years ago. The Lincoln Towncar is Jurassic, where it's panther platform began in MY1979, during the Carter administration, but it had been rebodied basically three times, with facelifts in between and it served a solid purpose. The BOF Panther line at Ford are to stay through 2011, I understand, then be ended. The Lincoln MKS looks to span a good age demographic, and the EcoBoost models are aggressive and would also help bring some younger blood to the brand, as other Lincoln offerings have.

I'm also hoping that there will be an up-level XTS with AWD and some form of an LS V8, mounted east-west, to compete with Ford's EcoBoost.

XTS wouldn't need v8 to compete against ECoBoost engine. Just put engine from jay leno camaro ...3.6 l v6 turbocharged and 420 + hp.Although i wouldn't mind seeing new Gen V small block.

the1
12-28-2009, 12:00 PM
So they won't unveil the ATS next month, will they?

DoMiNo
12-28-2009, 04:22 PM
See, the ATS seems like the kind of car to debut at Detroit, if you ask me. But the fact that the floorplan for the GM display was leaked and (to my knowledge) contained no mention of the ATS indicates that it probably will not. Which I suppose makes a bit of sense, given that the XTS concept and the CTS-V Coupe will both be debuting there.

Which of course begs the question of which show will get the ATS? Is NYAIS big enough, or will GM try to woo Europeans by showing it in Geneva?

63Bonneville
12-29-2009, 04:19 PM
I can easily see the ATS premiering at Geneva, and I see this Alpha-based line have more global appear, as opposed to the XTS. I'm also wondering if we'll see any more teasers, or perhaps a rendering, be it CGI or traditional, of the XTS, then again, it's only some two weeks (from this posting) that it will actually be shown at press-meetings with official photos likely released before that.

Ascariss
01-07-2010, 07:47 PM
added the press conference schedule on the first page.

63Bonneville
01-07-2010, 09:14 PM
This thread hadn't moved in a while, until now. I was wondering of someone could post an updated list of debuts?

I know that it's less than a week from when I post this.

against the wall
01-07-2010, 11:43 PM
my list of 100% confirmed debuts from the 1st page
BMW Z4 sDrive35is
BMW Concept ActiveE
Buick Regal GS Concept
Cadillac CTS-V coupe
Cadillac XTS Concept
Chevy Aveo pre-production concept
Chevy Orlando pre-production concept
Chevy Camaro convertible
Chevy Malibu revision
Chevy Spark
GMC Acadia Denali
GMC Granite
Ford Mustang GT 5.0L
Ford Focus
Honda CR-Z
Lincoln MKX
Mini Beachcomber Concept
Mercedes E-Class cabrio
Toyota hybrid concept
VW Touareg (and hybrid version)

DoMiNo
01-08-2010, 02:17 AM
BMW 3er update?

63Bonneville
01-08-2010, 02:20 AM
Thanks for reposting the debut list for the confirmed models, against the wall, but, wasn't Mercedes-Benz supposed to have a "secret" concept at NAIAS, too, something that's supposed to represent future design-language?

against the wall
01-08-2010, 02:58 AM
well they didnt confirm that theyre showing it, so I didnt list it.

mario_128
01-08-2010, 03:28 AM
Are we sure that the focus is a production car or concept as we havnt seen any mules or spyshots at all

against the wall
01-08-2010, 03:55 AM
Ford is usually pretty good at keeping their vehicles that dont go on sale for a while after the show (the Focus is a 2012) under wraps. IIRC there were barely any spy shots of the Flex before it debuted. I remember seeing a pic of the interior as a leak from a studio, but that was it.

the1
01-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Porsche might show the new Cayenne as well. The Merc CLS or S-Class previewing concept will be present. I wonder if BMW might unveil an X3 concept.

63Bonneville
01-08-2010, 09:00 PM
I believe that the Cayenne is slated for Geneva, but the Touareg is slated for NAIAS. I'm looking forward to this one, too, and I feel that it could be larger for it may have a third-row of seats, I'm not completely sure.

against the wall
01-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Chryslers lame special editions being shown at Detroit. Not thread worthy
http://jalopnik.com/5443804/chrysler-to-detroit-auto-show-yeah-we-got-nothin

These will so save the company.

63Bonneville
01-08-2010, 09:58 PM

I see these as stop-gap solutions until the newer vehicles finally arrive. I agree with the Fiat-sourced 4's in the smaller end of the range and that Pentastar V6 as a quantum-leap over the array of some six or so V6's currently in the line-up. At least they're including more features in their packaging in the meantime.

I know what you're saying; Chrysler basically has nothing new to show for now, with the exception of the Fiat 500 and I believe a Lancia model with Chrysler elements for the USDM.

On to GM, and I know that I mention this frequently, but for their NAIAS highlight, the Cadillac XTS, they have a really tight embargo here, not even a leak, and I'm surprised that there are no renderings, be it traditional or CGI/chops.

DoMiNo
01-08-2010, 10:16 PM

So depressing/tacky.

phaeton
01-08-2010, 11:32 PM
I believe that the Cayenne is slated for Geneva, but the Touareg is slated for NAIAS. I'm looking forward to this one, too, and I feel that it could be larger for it may have a third-row of seats, I'm not completely sure.

Actually according to Jamie from VWvortex Touareg is delayed so.......http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4711074

Jetta VI Coupe Concept.

Jetta VI global premiere will also be delayed.

the1
01-09-2010, 05:43 PM
No! I really wanted to see the new Touareg and launch it in March together with the new Cayenne is not such a great idea.

DSC-OFF
01-10-2010, 05:35 AM
Spent almost the entire day on the NAIAS show floor today, soaking up all the pre-show air that's permeating the entire Motor City. Good day indeed. I figure you guys will pretty much be on the major auto blogs and/or sites viewing the up-to-date photos of the cars w/ their wraps being taken off... So i'll be here to post photos you guys will otherwise never get to see: The environment, weird stuff, behind-the-scenes, all that good stuff [If I ever make my way onto the media room :)]. If you guys have any requests, just let me, or the CSS management know & i'll see what I can fetch for you guys. In the meantime, this is the current vibe on the show floor [Taken from the Acura Tech Deck]. T-minus 31 hours before Press days commence!!! [Starting w/ keynote speech from Secretary of Transport Ray LaHood, 7am Monday].

http://asianmartin.com/wp-content/uploads/aa.jpg

http://asianmartin.com/wp-content/uploads/bb.jpg

against the wall
01-10-2010, 06:01 AM
I take it you work for Acura?

phaeton
01-10-2010, 06:53 AM
VW stand photos please.

EDIT just found out that VW will only have one Global Debut a Jetta Coupe Concept,

Jetta VI and Touareg have delayed...........

63Bonneville
01-10-2010, 08:15 PM
This is really coming up close now, and maybe tomorrow, many embargos will be lifted, and we'll see official photo, followed by the live photos in the next two days. This is a feeling of anticipation, like a kid at Christmas-time, or the night before vacation or going to a theme-park, of even waiting to get out of study-hall!

This is nice nowadays that we get to see things at an instant, instead of waiting for the photos in the monthly rags as in the old times, or the weekly publications such as Autoweek (when it was weekly) and was more of a niche then, or the British weekly publication such as Autocar and Auto Express, which were rarer imports in the USA, and expensive (I personally stopped subscribing to those two a while back for they were pricey for being imports, and you see it all on-line now). We even see more mule shots and even leaks as they happen, which can take some of the anticipation away.

All said, I'm looking forward to may highlights and debuts from tomorrow and Tuesday (1/11 and 11/12) from Detroit, and well see it here!

against the wall
01-12-2010, 05:38 AM
I guess Chevy decided to save some stuff for other shows. My guess is one of the Camaro vert or '12 Malibu in Chicago (and the other in NY), and the Orlando at Geneva.

DoMiNo
01-12-2010, 06:20 AM
I was really surprised that Chevrolet didn't debut the Camaro convertible at LA (a definite "convertible" show) and am equally surprised that it wasn't shown at NAIAS. Malibu does seem like a Chicago car, although depending on when it's slated to go on sale I think GM may be wary of showing it too soon (so as to preserve sales numbers for the current car).

against the wall
01-12-2010, 06:21 AM
as a matter of fact KickingTires posted an article today about how the 2011 Malibu is supposed to get some mild refreshing before the 2012 model. So perhaps we will see that next month or in April, and the all new 2012 Bu at Detroit next year, to go on sale in fall 2011

63Bonneville
01-13-2010, 04:15 AM
I feel that the Detroit roll-out during the press days was a bit conservative this year, with lesser to it and lesser debuts. Probably because of the challenging climate in the last year with the bail-outs and all, GM killing 2-divisions and another one that has uncertainties, Chrysler having basically nothing new to show, or any concepts, except for tarted-up current models, likely due t it's own transition currently. However, it still did have it's moments and highlights with starting with Cadillac, and some others.

caarmike
01-19-2010, 04:52 AM
Here's my complete gallery from the show:

http://www.michaeldwhite.info/photogal.php

against the wall
01-19-2010, 05:28 AM
nice pics. they let you sit inside the equus?

caarmike
01-19-2010, 01:47 PM
nice pics. they let you sit inside the equus?

Yeah, it's not a prototype, just foreign market. People loved it.