PDA

View Full Version : Fiesta named AE Car of the Year

CosworthKid
08-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Ford's supermini takes top prize at annual awards bash

August 2009

The waiting is over! The Ford Fiesta has been named Car of the Year in our annual New Car Awards.Fighting off competition from all corners of the motoring spectrum, the supermini took the honours in the top award of the night.
Auto Express editor in chief, David Johns, said: “The Fiesta has brought new standards of design and quality to the supermini sector. It is cool to look at, great to drive and does everything that a brilliant small car should do. But more than that, it is the outstanding new car of the year across any sector.”

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/239653/fiesta_named_ae_car_of_the_year.html

Baji192
08-10-2009, 12:38 PM
A very worth car of the award. well done Ford.

mick78
08-10-2009, 02:01 PM
My first thought was that the Fiesta is too old for being coty now, but then again I came to think of it that it just came out a year ago or less (depending on market). I see so many of them around, hard to believe it's still so fresh. Sign for a great success.

CosworthKid
08-10-2009, 03:25 PM
I see so many of them around, hard to believe it's still so fresh. Sign for a great success.

Same here. Strangely enough there where no Fiesta's in Israel:P

UK
08-10-2009, 11:19 PM
The UK's What Diesel magazine also voted the Fiesta as car of the year, and I think What Car? did too.