PDA

View Full Version : F1 2009 - China

bm88
04-15-2009, 02:27 PM
With the practice sessions for the Chinese Grand Prix starting tomorrow at the Shanghai International Circuit (http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/f1-information/going-to-a-race/shanghai-international-circuit-china/) it's time to kick start the thread!

The big news going into this race is that the controversial rear diffuser found on the Brawn GP, Toyota and Williams cars has been passed as acceptable. The announcement was made just this morning after a full day at the courts yesterday.

I'm very glad the decision fell in the favour of the teams with the controversial design as F1 has always been about pushing the rules to the boundaries. I believe the sport would've suffered greatly should the decision have gone the other way especially in the UK where the Brawn GP story has had major coverage. It's also quite nice to see a decision go against Ferrari for a change, but thats another matter...

You can find a full article about the decision here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7996698.stm). The big concern for the other teams is how fast they can implement the new split level diffuser that has quite obviously given Brawn GP and Toyota a boost as they are currently championship leaders for the first time ever. Renault are said to have already prepared a new diffuser although it's not yet known if this will be fitted for the race on Sunday. Other teams are sure to be spending a lot of time developing the new part and getting it ready for race use as soon as possible.

All in all the off circuit element of Formula One is still strong and to a degree makes the actual racing all the more interesting.

Rob
04-19-2009, 03:15 PM
A win for Red Bull. This is turning out to be a very interesting season!

pcread
04-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Have Ferrari given up? Kimi says they aren't in the running for the championship.Good firts win for Red Bull, but I wish they'd been green Jaguar Racing instead of blue RB. Sigh.