PDA

View Full Version : F1 2009 - Australia

pcread
03-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Great start to the season. Jenson Button pole and win. KERS looks like an interesting development, especially when the graphics come up during the in-car footage. Lewis drove well in a less than competitive car.
Amazing start for the Brawn GP team that was so close to folding after Honda pulled the plug.

Rob
03-29-2009, 09:37 AM
Well, I'm loving the season so far. I love to see a new team arrive out of nowhere and tear up the track. :D Good luck Brawn!

bm88
03-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Really was a good race (I caught the last 45 mins or so) and the last four or five laps were great. Sad to see Vettel and to a lesser extent Kubica crash out so close to the end but it paved the way for the Brawn GP team to get the best result they could have. Think BBC F1 said the last time a new entrant came first and second in the first grand prix of the year was Mercedes in 1950 so it doesn't happen often.

http://www.sniffpetrol.com/wp-content/uploads/spadcuriousbutton.jpg

The press reaction to Button winning will be interesting for sure! Since his first race and first win he really hasn't been in the headlines at all and most people have probably forgotten he even exists. He's just had a fairly unlucky career compared to someone like Hamilton who jumped straight in at the top.

Will also be interesting to see over the coming hours what they will have to say about the Trulli/Hamilton situation that happened under safety car too.

Overall, promising start to a good year of racing.

EDIT: Just heard on the radio that following the appeal Hamilton has been awarded third place.

pcread
03-29-2009, 04:23 PM
Good for Lewis! It's a shame for Jarno Trulli, but them's the rules. He ran onto the grass, which allowed Hamilton to overtake him and then he tried to regain his place by overtaking during the Safety Car.

Cozz
03-29-2009, 09:03 PM
Just to think that Jenson was looking for a job only 6 weeks ago.