PDA

View Full Version : Chevrolet Cruze

caarmike
02-27-2009, 03:33 AM
Some really radical ideas that got rejected:

http://www.netcarshow.com/chevrolet/2009-cruze/02.htm

SV
02-28-2009, 01:33 AM
I dunno if I'd call them radical so much as a bit edgier than what came out. The front isn't much different (though I like the integration of the Chevy grille in the sketch) but I prefer the rear 3/4 sketch by miles to the final blandtastic effort that resulted.

Rob
02-28-2009, 10:05 AM
Nice stuff. Pity they didn't inject the production Cruze with the soul that these sketches have.

Puffhead
02-28-2009, 06:23 PM
Holden's and Chevy's Cruze both suck
I prefer the one from Penelope
I'd be driving it all day and night

pjl35
02-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Holden's and Chevy's Cruze both suck
I prefer the one from Penelope
I'd be riding it all day and night

When are you going to learn to just shut up??

Puffhead
02-28-2009, 06:42 PM
When are you going to learn to just shut up??
chillax, homie...
what's your problem?
you been sippin on that Hatorade?

JBlair
03-01-2009, 01:31 AM
Some really radical ideas that got rejected:

http://www.netcarshow.com/chevrolet/2009-cruze/02.htm

Those are the sketches that preceded the production model. They were not 'rejected' as you say.

caarmike
03-01-2009, 02:18 PM
What they rejected was a full-on realization of the ideas in the early sketches. They took the forms portrayed in the sketches and "conventionalized" them. I admit this happens a lot, but every once in a while a design goes from sketch to production with its essence intact, like the Camaro.

pjl35
03-02-2009, 02:26 AM
chillax, homie...
what's your problem?
you been sippin on that Hatorade?

You don't need to be graphic about everything. Are you incapable of making a post that's devoid of some sexual comment or something else that's equally inappropriate? Nobody cares if you want to ride Penelope Cruz day and night. Besides, I think we can all agree that you'll never get close to a woman like Penelope....or anything else that has a pulse for that matter.

Puffhead
03-02-2009, 03:19 AM
blablabla hatery blabla
....or anything else that has a pulse for that matter.
Aaiight thanx for warning me homie!!
Next time I drop by a girl friend i'll bring a wooden stake and a silver bullet
These vampire zombie nymphos can be so deceptive! could've sworn theyz alive!!
Thanks to you I know they just wanna drink my blood and eat my brains.
Thankfully they didn't reach that part yet.

pjl35
03-02-2009, 03:38 AM
Aaiight thanx for warning me homie!!
Next time I drop by a girl friend i'll bring a wooden stake and a silver bullet
These vampire zombie nymphos can be so deceptive! could've sworn theyz alive!!
Thanks to you I know they just wanna drink my blood and eat my brains.
Thankfully they didn't reach that part yet.

On the contrary, I'm positive that your brain is LOOOOOONG gone.

Puffhead
03-02-2009, 03:50 AM
On the contrary, I'm positive that your brain is LOOOOOONG gone.
Don't be so hateful man
I'm above all that
You need to loosen up, don't take offense so quickly, nobody likes a tight ***
I bet you get invited to a lot of parties
Now i'm gonna quit cuz this ain't worth going offtopic for this long

JBlair
03-02-2009, 04:27 AM
What they rejected was a full-on realization of the ideas in the early sketches. They took the forms portrayed in the sketches and "conventionalized" them. I admit this happens a lot, but every once in a while a design goes from sketch to production with its essence intact, like the Camaro.

There's a HUGE difference between the niche Camaro and econo-sedan that needs to be appropriate for at least a half dozen markets around the world.

Puffhead
03-09-2009, 03:44 PM
http://carspyshots.net/showthread.php?t=17064

wheelsweekly
06-28-2009, 11:51 AM
There's a HUGE difference between the niche Camaro and econo-sedan that needs to be appropriate for at least a half dozen markets around the world.

The problem with the Cruze is, though they wanted to make the cheapified production to have the most important design cues from the concept sketches, they did quite a bad job.

Contrary to putting in a wonderful interior, which materials matter more than design, making the exterior look better is essentially FREE.

Yes, more surface concaves meant more (slightly) expensive moulds and manufacturing methods. But I've gave the Chevy Cruze a long hard look, it really is a complete failure in trying to play catch up in a segment dominated by Asian makes (at least in US)

To rival the Civic, Corolla, they can't quite come out with something that looks as if it came out in year 1999, from Hyundai.

Kia Forte is a very good example to prove how miserably the product designing team of Cruze failed.

Regardless of how well made it is or how well its interior is made of, a design that looks bad will hamper car sales more than any other element.

the1
06-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Who says the Cruze is ugly? Have you seen it in the flesh at least? I have, in a lot of color combos and it looks really good.