PDA

View Full Version : New York Auto Show

forked69
02-23-2009, 02:35 PM
http://www.autoshowny.com/images/template/banner.jpg

Basics

Location: Jacob Javits Convention Center 11th ave between 34 & 39 Streets (Big Apple)
Public Show Dates: April 10 to 19th
Special Public Sneak Preview: April 10th
Official Opening Day: April 11th
Press Preview: April 8 to 9th

Stuff there

Suzuki CD-car
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Nissan Z370 ragtop
Potential Accord CUV
MB E Class (NA intro)
Tesla S
Kia Forte Koup
Kia Sorrento
Nissan Sentra/Versa FL
Scion concept
Subaru Legacy
Ray's Cheese Pizza V6.9

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/01/2010_Detroit_Auto_Show_01.jpg

knicks125
02-23-2009, 03:01 PM
The Accord CUV, from what I hear, is not going to be unveiled until at least later in the year, so figure at the LA Auto Show.

IcedG35
02-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Aston Rapide or Panamara?

forked69
02-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Aston Rapide or Panamara?

Helmut,

Panorama is confirmed for Shanghai show the following week.

Jochen

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Yh2wYjOM-As/RqVaQqq1kVI/AAAAAAAABpQ/861AwiPEppg/s512/shanghai%20auto%20show%20006.jpg

DATSUN
02-24-2009, 10:04 AM
- Kia Sorento (NA Debut)
- Kia Forte Koup
- Nissan Altima, Sentra, and/or Versa Facelifts

Can't wait... I'll be there!

the1
02-24-2009, 11:29 AM
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Yh2wYjOM-As/RqVaQqq1kVI/AAAAAAAABpQ/861AwiPEppg/s512/shanghai%20auto%20show%20006.jpg

What's with this Skoda pic, forked69? Is that the production Yeti? Why did you posted here?

forked69
02-24-2009, 01:53 PM
What's with this Skoda pic, forked69? Is that the production Yeti? Why did you posted here?

Wolfgang,

Repainted Yeti concept was shown in Shanghai in 2007, and there is a short skirt in the pic also.

Jochen

stinger
03-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Where has it been said that the Kia Forte Koup will debut in NY? I hope it's true because I'm planning on buying one.

caarmike
03-18-2009, 01:13 AM
+Acura BMW X6-wannabe thingy
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/16/acura-concept-teased-ahead-of-new-york-unveiling/

Bizzare.

63Bonneville
03-18-2009, 07:19 PM
We'll get news-feeds over the next couple of weeks on NYIAS.

What I'm looking forward to most:
Acura MSX production-close concept
Tesla S Sedan
Z370 Convertible
Jeep Grand Cherokee (nest generation)
Subaru Legacy/Outlook (Hopefully with the flat-6 still included and/or uprated)

I'm sure they'll be more.

against the wall
03-30-2009, 11:39 PM
got a list from Newsday:
GMC Terrain
Acura ZDX concept
Mitsubishi Outlander concept
facelifted Mazda CX-7
new Subie Legacy/Outback
BMW X6M
new VW Rabbit/GTi
MB E-class hybrid
Hyundai Nuvis (2-door hybrid)
Scion subcompact concept
2010 Porsche GT3

http://www.newsday.com/classified/automotive/autoshow/ny-bzshow3112601024mar30,0,510635.story

Player4
03-31-2009, 12:54 AM
Wow already a new Outlander? I guess thats good, i really like the current on, its a great looking SUV, sporty too!

The Hyundai...its a concept, right? If its a production ready car thats awesome but im not sure if a 2 door bybrid is the best way to get into the hybrid business...a 4 door makes more sense.

Really looking forward to this show, anxious to see what automakers are bringing to the table despite all the chaos going on

63Bonneville
03-31-2009, 01:28 AM
Finally, this thread is seeing some more action! I'm practically counting down the days!
I'll be there on the 11th (Saturday) and again one day during the week.

joeyo
03-31-2009, 01:49 AM
I can't wait until NY. I haven't been able to go for the past two years, so I'm really excited this year. I wanted to go Sunday the 12th, but now I'm thinking the 19th instead.

the1
03-31-2009, 07:30 AM
Where's the JEEP Grand Cherokee, I thought it was bound for a NY launch. And what is Ford showing? No post-kynetic design concept or smth?

forked69
03-31-2009, 07:07 PM
GMC Terrain
Acura ZDX concept
Mitsubishi Outlander concept
Mazda CX-7 FL mit 2.3L NA I-4
BMW X6M
MB E-class hybrid
Hyundai Nuvis (2-door hybrid)
Hyundai Equus
2010 Porsche GT3
Suzuki CD-car
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Nissan Z370 ragtop
Tesla S
Kia Forte Koup
Kia Sorrento
Nissan Sentra/Versa FL
Scion concept
Subaru Legacy
Neuer VW Golf/GTi

63Bonneville
03-31-2009, 07:31 PM
The premiere line-up is looking even more enticing, and you don't know what surprise might be in store yet!

I see that the new Hyundai Equus (debuting at Seoul Korea) is on the NYIAS list; perhaps it's a way of testing reaction to help decide for USDM sales and marketability.

DATSUN
04-01-2009, 05:03 AM
Can't wait to go to this. There are so many debuts I'm looking forward to. I plan on going twice if I can.

MtViewGuy188
04-01-2009, 05:20 AM
I'm still wondering when will Ford show the final North American version of the new Fiesta. I'd like to see Ford show both the five-door hatchback and the four-door sedan at NYIAS this year. :)

the1
04-01-2009, 07:24 AM
I was hoping Ford would show a Focus concept in NY, but I guess that was wishful thinking only... that concept would be bound for September's Frankfurt auto show.

So, is JEEP really going to show the new Grand Cherokee? Can't wait to see it.

MtViewGuy188
04-01-2009, 12:48 PM
I was hoping Ford would show a Focus concept in NY, but I guess that was wishful thinking only... that concept would be bound for September's Frankfurt auto show.

They've already shown a Focus concept already: the Iosis, which debuted at the Geneva Auto Show last month. Many of the styling cues from the Iosis will make it into the new Focus due later summer 2010 worldwide.

the1
04-01-2009, 12:53 PM
You're wrong, the Iosis concept previews the new compact MPV, the new C-Max. Some elements might make it on the new Focus as well, maybe... but that was not a Focus concept. I'm referring to something like the Verve concept compared to the new Fiesta.

caarmike
04-02-2009, 02:48 AM
I'm still wondering when will Ford show the final North American version of the new Fiesta. I'd like to see Ford show both the five-door hatchback and the four-door sedan at NYIAS this year. :)

The Fiesta Brand Manager has been hinting at something Fiesta related for the NY Auto Show. Also says there will be a Fiesta event in NYC this Fri.

http://twitter.com/samdelag

StephenKHone
04-02-2009, 04:06 AM
I think Land Rover might be announcing the MY2010 changes for pretty much all of their range of vehicles. I received some info on lease deals, and at the bottom it said that the 2010's will be revealed very soon (or words to that effect). Has anyone heard anything?

knicks125
04-02-2009, 04:30 AM
I hear we would see an updated Range Rover.

StephenKHone
04-02-2009, 04:44 AM
I hear we would see an updated Range Rover.

Unfortunately i deleted the email, but it gave the impression that all of the 2010's would be revealed together. I guess that could mean revealed in another email or on the LR site. Hopefully it'll be(NY) for the entire range as I hope to replace my LR3 around November/December, and I'm really craving details lol!

evomk8
04-03-2009, 07:18 AM
The Outlander Prototype GT to be shown in NY is a mid-cycle refresh rather than a redesign.
Mitsubishi has posted some teaser images on their media website along with a press release.
Press Release: http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2009040284731&mime=ASC
Teaser image 1: http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2009040300252&mime=JPG
Teaser image 2: http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2009040286399&mime=JPG
Teaser image 3: http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2009040285954&mime=JPG
The images look a lot like the spyshots we saw in September of last year:
http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080911.010/mitsubishi-outlander-facelift-spy-photos

63Bonneville
04-03-2009, 07:39 PM
In just a week from today (4/3/09), the NYIAS show will be open to the public (I'll be there in the 11th and another day at least)! This was always a grand event for me, and, in the last few years, the New York event as become increasingly important for debuts and premieres, both concept and production. Years before, it seemed that NYIAS basically shown what had already debuted at Detroit, LA, Chicago, and some from Geneva, and whatever premiered in NY was limited or few.

Even though Nissan/Infiniti pulled out of some venues this season, they're sticking to NYIAS, and over the last few years, they had important debuts and showings in the Big Apple. This year, I know, will debut the new Z370 convertible, and you never know of any surprise! One example, the initial/first-generation MY2003 Nissan Murano premiered, in production form, in New York in 2002, and this was unannounced.

We do know of some premieres, even of facelifts of current models, but we'll see what happens during the course of next week on the press days.

caarmike
04-06-2009, 02:40 AM
Various Random Updates:
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009904050458

"Ford will show its Fiesta, Transit Connect, Ford Taurus and Ford Shelby GT500 this week at the New York Auto Show."

against the wall
04-06-2009, 03:33 AM
i think we will see some Nissan get a facelift.
and finally the NA Fiesta! also notable that the new GC is debuting.

Player4
04-06-2009, 03:52 AM
I guess the Sentra will get its facelift...

I cant wait for the Fiesta, really hope its not cheapo for the NA market not price i mean materials lol
Wonder what Hyundai is showing here? perhaps the new Tucson? or new Sonata?

the1
04-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Good to hear the GC is definitely showing up in NY.

63Bonneville
04-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Isn't the Tesla S Sedan supposed to appear at NYIAS?

knihc2008
04-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Anyone know when we're supposed to see the new Infiniti M?

Player4
04-09-2009, 08:24 PM
What happened to the new Sorento??? And i thought Honda was gonna debut their Accord CUV but instead they just added some dog cages to an Element and called it a concept lol

63Bonneville
04-09-2009, 08:41 PM
I wonder if the NYIAS press events are now over - I'm posting this at 3:40PM eastern on 4/9/09.

63Bonneville
04-10-2009, 12:58 AM
All is great with what is debuting at NYIAS, the only disappointment is the the Tesla S sedan may not have been shown, or will not show - I was hoping to see that.

against the wall
04-11-2009, 01:48 AM
so it turns out I am actually going to go to the show this year. I think I am going alone and will be there all day Tuesday or Wednesday.

63Bonneville
04-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Today (Saturday-4/11/09) is the big day!!! I'll be there all day today, and I'll also be there again on Wednesday or Thursday (Thursday more likely) during the week. Going a second time, with a lesser crowd, allows me to get more up close and personal to the vehicles an to see things longer and more clearly where the crowds and people all over taking shots with digital cameras and cellphones left and right sometimes make it a challenge to get around some of the exhibits. Also, this allows me more ease and time to ask questions to the reps on-site as well as the lovely ladies also representing various companies.

There's nothng like the energy and electricity in the air at the show venue on opening day!

63Bonneville
04-13-2009, 05:02 PM
I was at the New York Auto show last Saturday (4/11) and I had a great time and was impressed with many debuts from NYIAS, and what previously premiered at prior shows, too.

The Bertone Bat 11 appeared towards the lobby area, and I didn't expect this - a VERY pleasant surprise and highly impressive with superb quality. I understand that some 25-50 of these will be built. The lowered wheel-well openings, both front and rear, remind me of the old Nash's (think the patrol-cars in the old 1950s Superman live-action TV series). A modern take on an AC Cobra called an Iconic also was near the Bat 11, Very impressive, too!

The Ford D3 Family, all on hand, impressed, too - the New Taurus stands out beautifully and the addition of the EcoBoost in the Flex is highly welcomed, too. The Lincoln MKS is always striking, and the new MKT is smoothy elegant, and doesn't appear so bulbous, for it's more tapered and rounded than the more squared Flex cousin - nice bold, in-your-face grille! The new Mustang is more integrated and elegant in design with softer interior materials. That Fiesta is an expressive little car, too.

At GM, the Camaro, the first time I got to touch one as well as sit in one, what a sweet muscle-car feel, and looking out narrow, gun-slit windows, too! The cruise stands out and so does the Volt - nicely executed. That Cadillac SRX really stands out with it's design language, and I also hope they greenlight the Converj concept (Volt cousin), it was also on hand. Speaking of elegant and impressive, that new Buick LaCrosse really stands out, and with it's character Harley Earl dip in the side character-line. The Pontiac G8s got much attention but the rest of the line was virtually ignored, with the exception of the Solstice. The new Equinox and GMC Terrain cousin are lightyears ahead of the current.

The Acura ZDX is impressive in person, well appointed and production close. The new Jeep Grand-Cherokee was outstanding and smooth with much mroe presence than the current edition, nice entry Pentestar V6, too.The new-generation BMW 7-series wowed and is far bolder and smoother, and speakign of wow factor, the new Z4 is a sweet ride and the same can be said got the M edition of the X6, with 550hp! The new Mercedes Benz E-Class sedan and coupe are outstanding and crisp and make you forget the predecessors. What also got great attention in the Mercedes-Benz section was a Maybach Zeppelin on one end - nice!

The New Subarus (Legacy & Outback) are larger, taller, and bolder than the predecessors and that new Kia Forte Koup is a smoothly integrated design. Hyundai really impressed with the Genesis sedan and coupe, and that new Equus really impressed! It garnered lots of attention and reaction, and it was deliberate for Hyundai's excellent decision to offer it in the USDM - great move!!!

The Rolls Royces are always prominent in the front, the Phantom fixed-head, drop-head and sedan being sweetly imposing!! The new production Spyker Aileron REALLY impressed in person, very well integrated and imaginative design!! The Array of Aston Martins were automotive nirvana, and so were the SMS-tuned Dodge Challengers! The Bentley Continental Super Sports stood out greatly, and it will be offered - the most powerful Bentley, so far, and politically correct with flex/bio fuel!!! The facelifted Land-Rover line-up was on hand, with greater presence than before, and an outstanding new engine line-up shared with Jaguar!! What really took my breath away were those Fiskers - words can describe the beauty and presence, and very upscale, and powerful plug-in Hybrids, too!!!

Notably missing, what I had hoped to see were the Tesla S Sedan, the BMW PAS/V5/GT, Audi A7 and the Rolls-Royce 200EX - those I had hoped to see, too.

All in all, a fulfilling and complete day, and I'll be going back again on Thursday, 4/16!

against the wall
04-15-2009, 02:36 AM
album here
http://s578.photobucket.com/albums/ss226/JordanB22392/

I'm surprised ferrari and maserati didnt show up. and there were some concepts that i wish were there but were. generally, i was pleasantly surprised by a lot of the Fords I sat in. The new Fusion is really great, and I'm falling in love with the MKS.
and the Murcielago in matte black is AWESOME