PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Small Car Design Contest

DoMiNo
11-18-2008, 08:19 AM
Congratulations to taskbearer for winning the Club Racer contest! Per his suggestions, here are the possible topics for our next design contest:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMatt%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsoht ml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="country-region"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Semi-Truck Design Contest<o:p></o:p>
Design an innovative solution to tomorrow’s heavy-hauling challenges. Can you design the most practical, economical, and—dare I say—[I]stylish alternative to the bull-nosed Big Rigs of today?<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Dodge Fiesta/Fit Rival Design Contest<o:p></o:p>
Chrysler needs a small car, and Chrysler needs a smash hit. Why not both? Design a B-segment car that will rival the versatile and increasingly stylish small cars from Europe and <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Japan</st1:place></st1:country-region>. <o:p></o:p>
A New GAZ <st1:place w:st="on">Volga</st1:place> Design Contest<o:p></o:p>
The GAZ Volga is many things to many people. Some see it as a hopelessly dated holdout of the Cold War years. Others regard it as a veritable icon; a stout, venerable machine and a point of national pride. Whatever your thoughts regarding <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Russia</st1:place></st1:country-region>’s decades-old saloon, one thing is certain: the GAZ Volga is in desperate need of a modern redesign. Will you maintain the Volga’s old school Soviet charm or bring it into the 21<sup>st</sup> century as a symbol of a resurgent <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Russia</st1:place></st1:country-region>?<o:p></o:p>
Dymaxion Car Revival Contest<o:p></o:p>
At the time of its introduction in 1933, the Dymaxion Car was an innovative concept, part of inventor Buckminster Fuller’s larger vision for an efficient future society. The aerodynamically shaped three-wheeler was steered from its sole rear wheel, and could perform a full U-turn in its own length. A fatal accident shortly after its unveiling was blamed on the car’s counterintuitive steering operation, and the project was subsequently scrapped. Nevertheless, its design continues to serve as an example of efficient and forward-thinking automotive design. (picture here (http://www.washedashore.com/projects/dymax/dworld/e46.jpg)) <o:p></o:p>

Please vote on the topic you'd most like to see and when we have a general consensus I'll post the contest thread. Thanks all!

2o6
11-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Dymaxion. Could encourage some real creativity.

taskbearer
11-18-2008, 04:02 PM
once again thanks guys for the votes and congrats to the other participants.

I voted for the dymaxion just because of the avenue for out of the box work, although I would admit that the dodge is a more logical choice as it relates to solving an immediate problem.

Rob
11-18-2008, 05:50 PM
GAZ Volga, of course. :)

PRODIGY
11-18-2008, 05:55 PM
Congratulations taskbearer on your deserved win!

The topics you've chose (bar the semi-truck) all seem interesting. Personally i'd like either the Dodge or the volga to win. Volga would be an interesting one, that's where my vote went, but the Dodge one might be a more topical topic lol.

NelsonDesign
11-19-2008, 02:17 AM
So is this for the one- on- one design battles?

DoMiNo
11-19-2008, 05:14 AM
No, this is for the normal contest.

VexedandGlorious
11-19-2008, 05:22 AM
Semi truck

PRODIGY
11-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Looks like the Dodge is walking it. When will the poll close and the contest begin?

DoMiNo
11-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Yep, the Dodge it is. Contest will be up this afternoon.

DoMiNo
11-20-2008, 08:15 AM
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1050/banneriv7.jpg

Despite a recent dip from record fuel prices, a worldwide economic recession and correspondingly abysmal consumer confidence have wrought havoc on Detroit's automakers. The brave few consumers who, despite these tough economic circumstances, have ventured into dealerships in search of new wheels have resolved to economize and are increasingly bypassing the bygone excesses of SUVs in favor of more frugal vehicles. Small cars have thus become an increasingly important part of manufacturers' portfolios, as even GM and Ford--the perennial truck and SUV powerhouses--join the fray with global small cars and innovative hybrids.

Chrysler, however, is not well poised to cash in on this paradigm shift in consumer demand. Its offerings are skewed toward large, gas-guzzling trucks, and the Caliber--the corporation's smallest NA offering--lags behind its competition in a majority of objective criteria. Chrysler desperately needs a class-leading B-segment car to compete with the likes of Ford's stylish Fiesta and Honda's versatile Fit, among others. A car that will help make Dodge a truly global brand in the way that export offerings like the Caliber and Journey simply cannot. A car of high quality, stellar dynamics, and impressive economy that will reestablish the brand in this new automotive lansdcape. A smash hit is vital to Chrysler Corp.'s survival, and the company is pinning its hopes on a game-changing B-segment star.

This contest will close on Thursday, December 4.

GOOD LUCK DESIGNERS!!!

PRODIGY
11-20-2008, 11:53 AM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb251/adythesaxoman/car%20drawings/Dodge_badge.png
The new Dodge.

In these testing times that we live in, we need a car that costs us less. Less to buy, less to make, less polluting, less footprint. But less can mean more. More economy, more fun, better handling. Introducing the new Dodge M.O.R.E (motor of a revolutionising Earth). The Dodge M.O.R.E gives you more for less. The passengers get more doors - a suicide door on one side. You get more ecomomy from the small but efficient engines. You get more enjoyment from the nimble chassis. The only thing that is less is the price - starting at $10,000 for the 1.2 and rising to $12,000 for the 1.4.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb251/adythesaxoman/car%20drawings/img014final.jpg

PRODIGY
11-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Just a few words to explain some of the finer points of my dodge (forgot to put this with the post). The door handles are meant to mimic part of the grille! Also, the front end would be interchangable, with the option list comprising of totally different headlight/grille inserts. More customisation than a MINI!!

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb251/adythesaxoman/car%20drawings/img014finalbits.jpg

DoMiNo
11-20-2008, 05:54 PM
That looks fantastic, PRODIGY. It is actually remarkable to see a Dodge that isn't blocky and crude... it's a bold (and suitably) global new styling direction for them and looks to be a terrific joint venture with another automaker. I don't like the headlights, so I guess it's good that you can change them completely :grintoothless: Also, the name is a little much. But overall job well done!

Rob
11-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Dodge Patrion

Say 'supermini' to many people, and images will be conjoured of OAPs tootling about in their E-reg Nissan Micras, but the Dodge Patrion aims to make the supermini cool.

Traditional American SUV styling, European handling. This is Dodge.

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr33/FocusRob1990/100_2723.jpg

Stats:

-1.6-litre engine
-0-60mph in sub-10 seconds
-120mph
-42mpg
-£11,000 / $14,000.

2o6
11-20-2008, 08:19 PM
I don't want to burst your bubble cosworth, but $14,000 USD is a lot for a subcompact car.......especially when the larger Dodge Caliber starts at $13K. Still it is a nice design. I really like it. Prodigy, yours also looks excellent.

BryanRW
11-20-2008, 09:04 PM
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll231/brera16/DodgeDart.jpg
Copyright ©2008 Bryan Campbell

DoMiNo
11-20-2008, 10:39 PM
No offense, but we typically don't allow entrants to submit previously posted designs.

Mr. Burns
11-21-2008, 03:13 AM
I cannot believe that Dodge and Chrysler in general still do not have a decent small car.

swizzle
11-21-2008, 03:50 AM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb251/adythesaxoman/car%20drawings/Dodge_badge.png
The new Dodge.

In these testing times that we live in, we need a car that costs us less. Less to buy, less to make, less polluting, less footprint. But less can mean more. More economy, more fun, better handling. Introducing the new Dodge M.O.R.E (motor of a revolutionising Earth). The Dodge M.O.R.E gives you more for less. The passengers get more doors - a suicide door on one side. You get more ecomomy from the small but efficient engines. You get more enjoyment from the nimble chassis. The only thing that is less is the price - starting at $10,000 for the 1.2 and rising to $12,000 for the 1.4.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb251/adythesaxoman/car%20drawings/img014final.jpg

The nose is a little busy, BUT BY FAR this is your best effort as a designer and it shows. Everything is inherently right with the proportions and detailing. I am VERY impressed. This is exactly the type of vehicle the Caliber should have been: small, fun, stylish, and a trend setter. I really love it. Cheers!

swizzle
11-21-2008, 03:52 AM
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll231/brera16/DodgeDart.jpg
Copyright ©2008 Bryan Campbell

Reminds me a lot of a Subaru. It's not bad looking at all, but it's not "Dodgey" enough. And yes I know Prodigy is laughing at "dodgey" given...well oh nevermind. :)

AXIS
11-21-2008, 09:31 AM
BREAKING NEWS!

Chrysler LLC sells Dodge Brand to Renault - Nissan

Failing to secure a bailout from congress, Chrysler LLC has sold the historic Dodge brand to Renault - Nissan. Wasting no time the newly formed Renault - Nissan - Dodge alliance has released details on the future of the brand; which will be repositioned as a lifestyle/performance oriented brand trimmed down to five models Caliber, Challenger, Charger, Ram and an all new B-Segment vehicle developed under the new alliance debuting in 2011.

2011 Dodge Dash

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/hellospaceboy/Dash.jpg

With current economic straits and consumer interest switching to more frugal vehicles. The Dodge Dash is a 3-door hatchback, riding on a new subcompact/B-class B platform (shared with Nissan and Renault) and powered by a 1.8L/125hp I4 MR series engine with Xtronic CVT or a 6-speed manual transmission. The Dash boasts an MSRP of $10,000 giving consumers an inexpensive, fuel sipping, fun-to-drive vehicle wrapped in a stylish package.

The Dash is intended for those who want to make a statement and stand out from the crowd. The exterior design was influenced by classic Mopar Muscle, boasting a wide stance and muscular flanks. Interior features include: Intelligent Key™ keyless entry and ignition system, leather-wrapped steering wheel, perforated leather seats, Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, Air conditioning with in-cabin microfilter, Auxiliary 12-volt DC power outlet, LED Mood Lighting and a
Premium AM/FM/XM/iPod integrated audio system.

The Dash will be built in Mexico at Nissan's Aguascalientes Plant and will be exported to various markets worldwide.

PRODIGY
11-21-2008, 12:10 PM
That looks fantastic, PRODIGY. It is actually remarkable to see a Dodge that isn't blocky and crude... it's a bold (and suitably) global new styling direction for them and looks to be a terrific joint venture with another automaker. I don't like the headlights, so I guess it's good that you can change them completely :grintoothless: Also, the name is a little much. But overall job well done!

Thanks DoMiNo! I originally did a very rough sketch, and the one thing that stood out were the headlights. I felt that I had to incorporate them into the design, but knew they'd be a love it or hate it feature. I should have drew the alternative headlights aswell, but nevermind! The name sucks, but I couldn't think of a good name from Dodge's past that would suit a new kind of car for the company. The M.O.R.E name is meant to be along the same lines as 'Smart' and 'MINI' - short and attention grabbing !

The nose is a little busy, BUT BY FAR this is your best effort as a designer and it shows. Everything is inherently right with the proportions and detailing. I am VERY impressed. This is exactly the type of vehicle the Caliber should have been: small, fun, stylish, and a trend setter. I really love it. Cheers!

Thanks again Swizzle. I'm quite proud of this one and it's nice that my design is appreciated!

...it's not "Dodgey" enough. And yes I know Prodigy is laughing at "dodgey" given...well oh nevermind. :)

Lol, perhaps I should have named mine the 'Dodge Dodgy' or 'Dodge Dodgem'

Some comments on the rest:

Cosworth: Very blocky, almost a Scion vibe to it. Like the Nitro-esque front end!

Bryan RC: A Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback in drag? Detailing is good. Interesting lights and fascia, but the shape doesn't do it for me. Too big aswell IMO, looks longer than the Caliber.

AXIS: I like this, it would be the sportiest in its class by far, which befits Dodge's brand values perfectly. It would definately shake up the segment, but is it practical enough for mainstream suscess?

BryanRW
11-21-2008, 12:27 PM
Ok ok

im scrapping this design and doing a smaller car!

swizzle
11-21-2008, 02:05 PM
AXIS: Wow! I am no fan of Dodge's "truck" grille slathered all over their cars, but you have managed to interpret it in such a way that is strong and appealing. It almost reminds me of the GTR in that it has a large angry mouth. Very nice work indeed.

BryanRW
11-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Introducing The All New Dodge Dart II. The Compact hatch from Dodge. Prices starting from $8,625 to $12,795.
Engines available from Launch:
1.1Petrol
1.3Petrol
1.5Petrol
1.3Diesel.
1.6Turbo SRT

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll231/brera16/DodgeDartII.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll231/brera16/DodgeDartIISRT.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll231/brera16/DartIIColours.jpg

Rob
11-21-2008, 05:21 PM
I don't want to burst your bubble cosworth, but $14,000 USD is a lot for a subcompact car.......especially when the larger Dodge Caliber starts at $13K. Still it is a nice design. I really like it. Prodigy, yours also looks excellent.
I haven't got much clue as to what American cars cost, but it is a 1.6-litre premium hatchback.

Comments:
PRODIGY - Very brave design, like nothing I have ever seen. But of course, that's a good thing. :)
BryanRC - Cute but Dodgeish, although maybe a bit weak looking. :confused: Still a good design though.
AXIS - Your entry will be hard to beat. All the good bits from bigger Dodges, squeezed into a compact body. And I love the name.

mrfdesign
11-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Prodigy- Yours looks great mate! Really good work, your proportions and perspective is coming on nicely!!

AXIS- Cool little car man, like it alot. Got a very sporty structure.

BryanRC- Not bad, nothing special though, try get more creative with your work.

Rob
11-21-2008, 08:03 PM
I cannot believe that Dodge and Chrysler in general still do not have a decent small car.
I know. Maybe they wouldn't be in this mess if they did. Well, I hope someone from Dodge / Chrysler is looking at these entries!

Steve Neill
11-21-2008, 11:31 PM
I have something up my sleeve ;)

taskbearer
11-22-2008, 02:04 AM
Prodigy - great improvement in sketching and perspective. Neat profile, but the headlights are a little too fussy for me.
One funny part about the use of the M.O.R.E. philosophy is that the three door idea especially with the half rear door seems like skimping on the essentials don't you think?

Cosworth - a nod to the dodge hornet concept, but less muscular and more boxy. There's a lot of nitro flowing through this cars veins..

Bryan RC - I'll have to say you've developed a cool style with paint. But this design is not exciting in anyway, I think it would serve your skill better if you do some hand sketches, cause this one just does not cut it.

AXIS - first off, thanks for going inside my head for that front end. I've been working really hard on mine and the similarities upfront is too close for comfort, although the back end is something totally different.
Now to business. I think you've captured the essence of this design brief. It brings new excitement to dodge much in the same way as fords new fiesta, and it definitely has a memorable look. Combining Viper and Slingshot overtones into sporty hatch akin to Alfa-Romeo's use of the 8C design cues in the mito. BRAVO!!

Steve Neill
11-22-2008, 02:26 AM
DODGE "URBAN CHAOS"

This sport tuned, high end masterpiece has been coined by Chrysler as the Urban Chaos. Amidst it's SUV like exterior (which in fact is quite compact, at the size of a Mini Cooper) hides a 4 cylinder engine with 100HP. 100HP may not seem like much, but this 4 cylinder is TURBOCHARGED.

It utilizes one single Garrett GT27 Turbo, which packs alot of torque in a small package, thus giving this car 213lbs/ft of torque!

While so much seems like overkill, it runs well in either FWD or AWD mode, both of which are available at seperate prices.

The cars high center of clearance may not result in the best handling ever, but then wasn't the car meant to be fun, and adventurous!? That's why, with the click of a button, the hydraulic active suspension lowers the car, to a much safer level.

There are many options available on this car, and it will go on sale first in the UK, followed by other international markets. Starting price?

8340 Pounds.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/stealth01/DodgeUrbanChaos.jpg

AXIS
11-22-2008, 04:23 AM
AXIS - first off, thanks for going inside my head for that front end. I've been working really hard on mine and the similarities upfront is too close for comfort, although the back end is something totally different.
Now to business. I think you've captured the essence of this design brief. It brings new excitement to dodge much in the same way as fords new fiesta, and it definitely has a memorable look. Combining Viper and Slingshot overtones into sporty hatch akin to Alfa-Romeo's use of the 8C design cues in the mito. BRAVO!!

:-D You're Welcome, can't wait to see what you come up with.

Steve! that is some pure post apocalyptic awesomeness you got going on there NICE!

BryanRC The computer should be used as a design aide not a design tool, I think you should flush out your ideas on paper before jumping on to the computer.

Cosworth Your design reminds me a lot of the first gen Dodge minivans whose design IMO would translate well scaled down on a smaller scale vehicle. And with how much the public seems to go gaga for retro I'm sure it would be a hit.

PRODIGY Your entries keep getting better with each contest. The front end is a bit busy and needs some refinement but outside of that I think its perfect.

Rob
11-22-2008, 10:10 AM
AXIS's entry reminds me of this...
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/jtl46/catalog/2008/1-100/14MB676DodgeCharger.jpg

BryanRW
11-22-2008, 01:33 PM
DODGE "URBAN CHAOS"

This sport tuned, high end masterpiece has been coined by Chrysler as the Urban Chaos. Amidst it's SUV like exterior (which in fact is quite compact, at the size of a Mini Cooper) hides a 4 cylinder engine with 100HP. 100HP may not seem like much, but this 4 cylinder is TURBOCHARGED.

It utilizes one single Garrett GT27 Turbo, which packs alot of torque in a small package, thus giving this car 213lbs/ft of torque!

While so much seems like overkill, it runs well in either FWD or AWD mode, both of which are available at seperate prices.

The cars high center of clearance may not result in the best handling ever, but then wasn't the car meant to be fun, and adventurous!? That's why, with the click of a button, the hydraulic active suspension lowers the car, to a much safer level.

There are many options available on this car, and it will go on sale first in the UK, followed by other international markets. Starting price?

8340 Pounds.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/stealth01/DodgeUrbanChaos.jpg
Great Work Steve:thumbsup:

PRODIGY
11-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Prodigy - great improvement in sketching and perspective. Neat profile, but the headlights are a little too fussy for me.
One funny part about the use of the M.O.R.E. philosophy is that the three door idea especially with the half rear door seems like skimping on the essentials don't you think?

Cheers for the c+c! I see your point about the doors. Where the other door would have been on the drivers side, a seat folds down, allowing you one more extra passenger! There you go, i've fitted it in with the MORE philosophy lol!

PRODIGY Your entries keep getting better with each contest. The front end is a bit busy and needs some refinement but outside of that I think its perfect.

Again, thanks for the c+c. Seems like my front end is the worst aspect of my design, but I quite liked it lol. I'll draw the alternative front ends that will be an option with this car and post them in the automotive design section!

BryanRC: An improvement, like the front end, similar to the Avengers front end in a way. Its Mitsubishi Colt origins are too obvious (you used a Colt blueprint right?) - I doubt Mitsubishi would work with Chrysler again, but you never know.

Steve Neill: Certainly futuristic, and definately game changing. Really 'out there' design, but would the buying public go for such a brave and bold look? I really like this though and applaud you for thinking out of the box. I had a feeling you were gonna enter your Dodge Kei car lol.

Rob
11-22-2008, 02:45 PM
AXIS said... "Your entries keep getting better with each contest." And I agree. In fact, the Dodge M.O.R.E. is my favourite of all the sketches I've seen from you, Ady. You've taken a chainsaw to the rulebook, and Iove that. I'm not sure if Dodge would be brave enouge to put it into production, but if they did, I reckon it'd sell really well.

PRODIGY
11-22-2008, 02:51 PM
AXIS said... "Your entries keep getting better with each contest." And I agree. In fact, the Dodge M.O.R.E. is my favourite of all the sketches I've seen from you, Ady. You've taken a chainsaw to the rulebook, and Iove that. I'm not sure if Dodge would be brave enouge to put it into production, but if they did, I reckon it'd sell really well.

Why thankyou Rob! I see improvement in your sketches too. Perhaps mine could come out as the Fiesta rival and yours as the B-max/Fusion rival!

Rob
11-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Yeah, mine's a small-car-that's-actually-kinda-big-on-the-inside, whereas yours is a more mainstream, but very different, supermini.

mrfdesign
11-22-2008, 03:08 PM
Introducing the new Dodge Mortar!
This new 3 door hot hatch is slightly larger than its main rival the Cooper S. It is powered by 3 new choices of engines - a Base 1.4 Supercharged(114kw) , a range topping 1.6 Turbocharged(138kw) and a diesel alternative 2.0 Turbo Diesel(108kw). The Mortar only comes in 3 door guise. ITs powerful engines will make do in the US market and do very well in Europe. New styling cues make the mortar far more attractive and curvy than its larger squared off sibling the Caliber. The Mortar features full LED front and rear lighting head units and day time running lights. The grille is less squared off and the body work more sexy and curvy. The Mortar features a centrally mounted exhaust pipe that has the same shape as the front grille.
Dodge needs to turn over a new leaf and the Mortar is just the car they need.

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/7531/dsc00113vs7.jpg

PRODIGY
11-22-2008, 03:20 PM
WOW!!!!

Love this one!

swizzle
11-22-2008, 03:52 PM
MRF: Very very good design. This is turning out to be a good contest. I am liking the "production realistic" designs I'm seeing.

BryanRW
11-22-2008, 08:08 PM
I added a SRT to my design Folks.

yourlilbro
11-27-2008, 12:38 PM
the New Dodge Biseq (hah! couldn't have thought of a better name!)
The Biseq will be powered by 4 all new engine choices, a 1.6 standard model (106 bhp), a 2.0 (140), a 2.0 turbodiesel (140), and a top of the line 2.2 litre supercharged SRT(193). With the SRT, the nimble car is able to accelerate to 60, in less than 7 seconds, and on to a top speed of 145 mph. The Biseq has this feature and that feature which is as cool as the first. (I'm so sorry, I wanted to do a press release but I didn't have ideas)

Model shown SRT:
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/yourlilbro/Picture1-2.png

10 minute job, no ideas, but, i wanted to enter anyways

swizzle
11-27-2008, 03:07 PM
It successfully reinterprets the Charger nose powerfully and convincingly and the suicide doors look cool, but the DLO doesn't seem to sync up with the doors. The window for the front door swoops over the rear door making the rear door ornamental at best. If the side made more sense, this would be a real contender. It's a little too "concepty" for me. 8/10.

Someone needs to resurrect the "Polara" name or even "Coronet".

Rob
11-27-2008, 05:52 PM
I really want to see Steve's entry... he has something up his sleve apparentley. Nice entry yourlilbro, looks very muscley.

PRODIGY
11-28-2008, 12:06 PM
I really want to see Steve's entry... he has something up his sleve apparentley. .

Rob, you may want to check the thread again... think you might have missed something!

Haha

Rob
11-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Rob, you may want to check the thread again... think you might have missed something!

Haha
Bugger. LOL. I've only seen it once, but it's all coming back to me now. :P It's called the 'Urban Chaos'.

DoMiNo
12-02-2008, 09:22 AM
<o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="country-region"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> DARE to be different.<o:p></o:p>
Faced with a drastically changing paradigm in consumer demand, Dodge has distilled its bold, aggressive American character into a unique new vehicle designed compete on the global stage. Meet Dodge Dare, the newest and smallest offering from the iconic American automaker. Dare is a fresh new approach from Dodge, a marque best known for its earth-shaking Ram trucks and raucous Viper sports cars. It is a B-segment world car intended not simply to meet, but to exceed the standards of the increasingly discriminating small car buyer, and to outperform its rivals both in the <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">U.S.</st1:place></st1:country-region> and abroad. <o:p></o:p>
The design of the Dare constitutes a “transitional” style, one which preserves Dodge’s heritage and inimitable American confidence while integrating a sleeker, more sculpted European aesthetic. The result is a car that looks unmistakably American but appeals to drivers worldwide. A more refined version of Dodge’s trademark crosshair grille, set off in a matte gray powder coat finish (R/T only; body-colored for SE and SXT trims) is flanked by aggressively squinting headlamps. Sweeping front fenders draw the onlooker’s eyes to the graceful, coupe-like arc of the side glass, which hides a deceptively practical body configuration. Clamshell doors open to reveal a spacious interior, with myriad storage innovations and thin-shell seats (buckets front and rear) that fold into a perfectly level load floor. Chrysler’s array of multimedia and navigation solutions are optional. <o:p></o:p>
The new Dodge Dare is also a thrilling drive. No, it doesn’t have a [I]Hemi™, but a choice of two turbocharged, direct-injected inline-4 cylinder petrol engines provide inspiring power and excellent fuel economy, while a sporty diesel motor returns even greater mileage. Transmission options in all markets will include a five-speed Getrag dual-clutch sequential gearbox or a traditional 5-speed automatic. Performance options—including the “track package”, which adds larger rolling stock, a Nurburgring-tuned suspension, and cross-drilled, ventilated performance disc brakes—will follow shortly after the Dare’s debut, though Dodge hasn’t yet confirmed an SRT model. <o:p></o:p>
The new Dare promises to redefine the Dodge brand. As American as ever, Dodge’s new global outlook has nonetheless instilled it with broader appeal and obvious commitments to economy, efficiency, improved quality, and sharp dynamics.

Dare R/T shown in South Beach Gold with track package.
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5060/darekx2.jpg

<o:p></o:p>

swizzle
12-02-2008, 02:06 PM
The name Dodge Dare is clever in that it evokes the alliteration of Dodge Dart, but it is also a clever marketing ploy. I like the nose and side. I'd like to see a station wagon variant too simply because as versatile as hatchbacks are, a wagon is only that much more sensical. This is a very successful design concept. It is the kind of thing that needed to succeed the Neon instead of the Dodge Aztec oops I mean Caliber. By the way it could have a Hemi. A 4 cylinder turbo could have HEMIspherical combustion chambers and I would argue that having a 4 cylinder Hemi Turbo would be a great marketing tool. It's an iconic name like "CobraJet" that conveys power through the word.

DoMiNo
12-02-2008, 06:36 PM
By the way it could have a Hemi. A 4 cylinder turbo could have HEMIspherical combustion chambers and I would argue that having a 4 cylinder Hemi Turbo would be a great marketing tool. It's an iconic name like "CobraJet" that conveys power through the word.

Yeah, true, though as a world car the equity in the Hemi name wouldn't be a huge factor anyway. Aside from the fact that it carries the connotation of huge power and, consequently, poor economy. Maybe EcoHemi? I know how you love when things get perverted like EcoBoost nee TwinForce. :P

Thanks for the feedback swizzle.

PRODIGY
12-02-2008, 09:17 PM
And another WOW from me!

Loving that front end treatment DoMiNo, especially the way the grille seems wedged between the bumper.

My god this is gonna be one hard contest to vote in!

taskbearer
12-02-2008, 11:33 PM
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p83/taskbearer/dodgearrow.jpg

swizzle
12-03-2008, 01:55 AM
Yeah, true, though as a world car the equity in the Hemi name wouldn't be a huge factor anyway. Aside from the fact that it carries the connotation of huge power and, consequently, poor economy. Maybe EcoHemi? I know how you love when things get perverted like EcoBoost nee TwinForce. :P Thanks for the feedback swizzle.

The Neon was marketed with a "hemi" on the SRT I believe. I see it--for NA at least--refocusing the connotation of HEMI from V8 guzzler (it actually isn't) to powerful and economical though not necessarily V8. Not that Chrysler will be around much longer.

swizzle
12-03-2008, 02:00 AM
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p83/taskbearer/dodgearrow.jpg

It's too Dymaxion for me and/or too "French". It looks like something Citroen would put out or even Renault. I'm not a fan of their "expressiveness" in the least but it would be more in fitting with them. It's definitely forward thinking.

PRODIGY
12-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Outstanding work taskbearer, but I do agree with swizzle... very French or even italian styling house, but not very Dodge. It would be a good new direction I suppose, but people won't expect a mad car from Dodge, and I think Dodge would want to play it safe with an important new car such as this!

All that aside though mate, stunning drawing, clever ideas, amazing skill! Stick a Citroen badge on it and it'd be perfect lol!

MartinEDesign
12-04-2008, 04:59 PM
http://tegnebordet.dk/tegninger/12704/1228386365.jpg

My entry! A smaller dodge than usually seen on the streets, with the typical dogde feeling to it.

Rob
12-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Wow, some really exciting entries in a really exciting contest! MartinE, loving the big front bumper on your entry. :cool: And taskbearer, I do agree about the French thing, but it's a cool car in it's own right. :)

DoMiNo
12-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Incredible entries, guys!!! Seriously wonderful ideas.

We're scheduled to close this today. Anyone else planning on posting an entry?

Mr. Burns
12-04-2008, 09:37 PM
The Dodge Neon reborn:

All grown up, all aggressive and all speed.
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg107/SNDesign_2007/Picture1-22.png

And in reddish color, I can't decide between the two...
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg107/SNDesign_2007/Picture2-12.png

oh and
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r136/Romulus32/ibtl.gif

ElementW
12-04-2008, 09:47 PM
WAIT!!!! Thank you DoMiNo for not closing immediately.
I hadn't been on for a while, and yesterday when I saw that this contest was going on, I had thought up a little idea...

...Mabey too little, but here's something I did quickly last night. I had to take a picture since my scanner needs to be reinstalled.
The Dodge Beam. The middle of the doors are retractable windows and the whole roof is glass. As for the cicular windows on the a-pillars, it was either that or the conventional triangular shape. And if anyone asks where the side mirrors went...I forgot them, again!

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u257/peugeot_2007/100_1.jpg

DoMiNo
12-05-2008, 12:39 AM
***CONTEST CLOSED***

Thanks to everyone who entered! Turnout was fantastic and the designs impressive! Voting will be up shortly!

DoMiNo
12-05-2008, 01:49 AM
Thanks to everyone who decided to try their hand at this contest; the results were phenomenal. I was frankly amazed not only by the number of entries that this contest inspired, but also their diversity. You guys all had unique and terrific ideas for a car that I think we can all agree is desperately needed.

Now it's your turn to vote on the car you feel would best position Dodge as a contender in the global B-segment. You know the rules: ten votes spread among your four favorite entries. There will be no exceptions; incorrect voting will be disqualified. If you are unfamiliar with the voting procedures or have other questions please refer to the contest rules here (http://www.carspyshots.net/showthread.php?t=2363).

As always, try to put some thought into your votes. If necessary, refer back to the entrants' individual descriptions in the contest thread to get more insight into their respective concepts. And as always, comments/explanation are welcome along with your votes. Anyone can vote, so if you're just passing through, feel free to share your thoughts!

Thanks again to all, and best of luck!! This really was a great return to form for these contests, and I appreciate the broad participation.

Here are the entries in the order received:

PRODIGY (http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1489/01prodigyzi1.jpg)
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1489/01prodigyzi1.th.jpg (http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=01prodigyzi1.jpg)

Cosworth (http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/7341/02cosworthif6.jpg)
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/7341/02cosworthif6.th.jpg (http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=02cosworthif6.jpg)

AXIS (http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/3259/03axisgn0.jpg)
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/3259/03axisgn0.th.jpg (http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?image=03axisgn0.jpg)

BryanRC (http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/8013/04bryanrcbm2.jpg)
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/8013/04bryanrcbm2.th.jpg (http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=04bryanrcbm2.jpg)

Steve Neill (http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/2723/05steveneillai1.jpg)
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/2723/05steveneillai1.th.jpg (http://img379.imageshack.us/my.php?image=05steveneillai1.jpg)

mrfdesign (http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/4892/06mrfdesignbs2.jpg)
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/4892/06mrfdesignbs2.th.jpg (http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=06mrfdesignbs2.jpg)

yourlilbro (http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/5333/07yourlilbrosb7.png)
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/5333/07yourlilbrosb7.th.png (http://img379.imageshack.us/my.php?image=07yourlilbrosb7.png)

DoMiNo (http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5060/darekx2.jpg)
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5060/darekx2.th.jpg (http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=darekx2.jpg)

taskbearer (http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2269/09taskbearerpw4.jpg)
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2269/09taskbearerpw4.th.jpg (http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?image=09taskbearerpw4.jpg)

MartinEDesign (http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9496/10martinedesignzm7.jpg)
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9496/10martinedesignzm7.th.jpg (http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10martinedesignzm7.jpg)

Mr. Burns (http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/1882/11mrburnspz8.png)
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/1882/11mrburnspz8.th.png (http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11mrburnspz8.png)

ElementW (http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/9158/12elementwfg0.jpg)
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/9158/12elementwfg0.th.jpg (http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=12elementwfg0.jpg)

As always, please let me know of any missing entries or broken links. Again, good luck everyone!

2o6
12-05-2008, 04:00 AM
4 - Prodigy - Logical, Realistic, excellent visiual flair, great looking. Your best work yet.

3 - Mr. Burns - I'd make the scale of the windows/doors larger, but looks great. Combines the neon face with the styling language of current dodges.

2 - Taskbearer - Extremely innovative. However, it seems like the Dodge grille is a bit of an afterthought. Like was said earlier, remindes me of a Renault Product, like an Avantime or Vel Satis.

1 - DoMiNo - Excellent work, as always. Seems a bit too exaggerated though, it's hard to gauge the size of the car.

taskbearer
12-05-2008, 05:30 AM
I'll start by saying y' all suck for making this a really tough one to choose from. It really came down to the nitty gritty to make my top picks. but with no further ado, drum roll pleazz.......

4 AXIS Truly meets the design criteria for me. its bold yet not truck-ish looking. The impact is overwhelmng I can almost see it on the streets. would give the fantastic looking fiesta a real run for its money. wonderful name too.

2 Element W a very creative design although not very American(the only thing that stops it from the top spot). such a design would never be boring always offering something to thrill the eyes. from the monospace silhouette and ribbed C pillar to the circular quarter window. And then those L shaped headlights.

2 Dominostraight forward and aggressive. The best part of this design is taking a possible renault/nissan joint venture, that expressive nose can be grafted onto a renault clio with little effort. much like the relationship between the ford ka and the fiat 500. love those spoked fog lights.

2 Mr. Burns Very unexpected, but so darn logical. kudos for being the only sedan of the bunch. It has a chevy cruze vibe to it, but the remarkable nose is undeniably dodge. Such clever evolutionary design could do dodge some good. The design screams quality and maturity, never thought I would use such VW qualities to describe a dodge.

Prodigy Smart design, would be easily accepted by buyers as a worthy competitor

Cosworth alluding to my previous comment. Boxy with a combination of nitro and hornet concept.

BryanRC The design looks too ordinary and lacks creativity. repeating what countless others have already said. You need to focus more on the basics, that is hand sketching

Steve Niell Very innovative and dooms day like. I like the front snout and the integration of the headlights and indicators. The problem is it conveys a really massive and imposing vehicle not a B segment one. It would make a worthy BMW X6 rival.

mrfdesign Very nice front end. this is in the same mold as Prodigy's but with a tad more musculature. The sketching is especially very good. And the wheel design is eye catching.

yourlilbro a well thought out effort. Very good interpretation of dodge charger themes on a hatchback without ruining it like the avenger. The rear DLO is out of place and distracting to the rest of the design. Shall I say fantastic shading technique.

MartinEDeisign Bold render. Very beg car looking. This could appeal to the die hard sedan fans.

wonderful work to everyone for stepping up in this contest. and thanks guys for the comments on my design. and here I though I was making something uniquely dodge. Now that you guys have mentioned it, I do see the french in it. I was trying to make a modern interpretation of the Rumpler Tropfenwagen

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1024/586005916_7bdafa9b83.jpg

PRODIGY
12-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Another tough one to vote for!!

3 - DoMiNo. Terrific design, with loads of neat little touches. This is a car that people will buy for its looks and style. If this was a real new Dodge coming out, I would save up the money and buy one! Seriously! As ever, the drawing and render are top notch!

3 - mrfdesign. Another great design! Love the headlights, really unique but still giving off a Dodge vibe, and the swoopy line on the sides give the car character! Another entry that would boost Dodge's sales heaps!

2 - AXIS. The sportiest proposal here! Love the front end and stance of this. The wheels look great too! Only reservation is the practicality of it.. looks very low and small and the C pillar is pretty huge - all this makes the car look great, but it wouldn't sell as much as it could if it was more practical IMO and Dodge needs as many sales as it can get!

2 - yourlilbro. Similar concept to AXIS. This reminds me of the Nissan Pulsar GTi-R. I can imagine this being very popular with the tuners. It has a big car look to it, which I imagine will be a selling point to those Americans forced out of their bigger cars. I'm not keen on the side window treatment, but at least it's different to the norm!

THE REST---------------------------------------------

Cosworth: Neat entry, and very nearly in the points. Like the mini Nitro style, and it would be a great sales suscess IMO.

BryanRC: You've had a hard time on here, and apologies if i've contributed to the situation, but it has no bearing on why you didn't get points from me. The Mitsubishi Colt origins are very obvious, the rear end is too fussy with the lights looking odd - it looks like what it is.. an add on to the Colts rear light shape. You really need to sketch again, you will get better with practice, and I loved your Alfa in the Alfa contest. Sketching has less limitations than using a blueprint.

Steve Neill: Awesome design, great render, menacing look, but for a new Dodge that's meant to revive their fortunes... not so sure. Looks far too futuristic and I think buyers would stay away just like they did with other mad designs (Renault Avantime, 1995 Mazda 323 3dr). If this contest were about designing the 2025 Dodge then you'd win hands down buddy!! :lol:

taskbearer: I love this car, but not as a Dodge. Interesting that you posted a pic of the Rumpler Tropfenwagen. Never heard of or seen this car before, and here lies part of the problem.. for a mad design like this to work, it'd have to be a modern revival of a car everybody knew of. Perhaps the Chrysler airflow thingy would have been a better to draw inspiration from? But as ever, your idea, your sketch, your render and presentation are all AMAZING! Feel bad not including you in the points as your work is always really thought out. At the end of the day though, Dodge needs a new small sales suscess, and I don't think this is it!

MartinEDesign: Can't really see enough to judge properly, and what I can see doesn't float my boat. It looks like a larger sedan IMO. I think including a quick rough sketch of the sides or rear might have helped you in this contest! Great drawing and render though, really skillfull!

Mr. burns: You just made the contest!!!! While I see the logic in reviving the Neon, the Neon tanked in Europe, don't know how popular it was in NA? Anyway, point being, this new Dodge needs to be a worldwide suscess for the brand, and a new Dodge Neon that looked like a Neon would sell less than a Gary Glitter record in the UK :lol:

ElementW: Wow! Another out of the box idea! Feel really bad not giving this a point, and I nearlly did.. it's just that the others that I voted for have sales suscess written all over them, this has a niche 'like it or loathe' it look IMO. Personally I love it. Neat details, cute shape, innovative! Well done!

Right, think that's everyone! Very hard to choose on this one! Congratulations all!

swizzle
12-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Prodigy 3
Domino 3
Axis 3
Mr. Burns 1

mrfdesign
12-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Awesome Contest guys

Heres my voting and critique. Im going to be 100% honest with each critique. Dont take offense please.

4 - DoMiNo
Beautiful rendering. The color suits the car perfectly. Sexiest Dodge I've ever seen. I like the exaggerated wheels , they give the car a sporty boy racer look. Front intergration is superb. Absolutely no negative part on the car. One of your most thourough designs.
3 - Prodigy
Im loving this little car :) , really well thought out. Front lights arent to my taste but they have grown on me. You should'e left out the rear doors on this one, they look a tad small. Proportions are fine and give us a good representation of what you imagined in your mind
2 - Taskbearer
The most ''clever'' car here. Very concept like though which is why your only getting 2 points. Excellent drawings. Could be quite an interesting little niche car. The way you've designed the windows as almost wrap-around glass is a bit over the top IMO, but as i said its more of a concept car than production. Nice work
1 - AXIS
Mini Viper here. Looks mean and fun to drive. Love the color combo. I do not like the square wheel arches though, make them round and it'l look much better! (i know you've done that because of current Dodge wheel arches).

ElementW - As Prodigy said, you either like it or u dont. I dont. Its way too boxy for my tastes and not production feasible thus i dont think you've met the design brief too well. On the up side its quite a clever ''different'' vehicle.

Mr Burns - Nice drawing, proportionally. I dont get excited at all by the styling however. Its far too old neon like and i hate the old neons. Brave to go for a sedan

MartinEDesign - Quite dated looking IMO. Too square, reminds me of the MG supercar (forgot the name lol). One thing that brings your effort down badly is the wheels. WOW! lol they dont look part of the vehicle, rather let them stick out discreetly and exaggerate the cars wheel arches. Nice render though, your improving there nicely.

yourlilbro - I like the front alot, but that rear is hideous. Why did you design that rear window like that lol, a smooth graduall rise of the window would've been great with that front end. Nice sketch nonethe-less (nearly got my vote)

Steve Neill - Mr Neill :) , haha insanity has prevailed. Ah man its just a monster!!! its like a HUMMER for 2020. Awesome brute of a car but not a B-segment runabout. Your doors look so small compared to the rest of the car which gives the impression its a huge car.

BryanRC - Very basic design. It needs to be more original. As prodigy said, GET YOUR PENCILS OUT AND DRAW mate haha

Cosworth - Bit too boxy for my liking. Most of your cars are very boxy, try getting them more rounded and not van like. The best way to improve this is to draw real cars from magazines and keep practicing :)

GOOD LUCK IN THE REST OF THE VOTING GUYS!

MartinEDesign
12-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Axis - 4
Domino - 2
Taskbearer - 3
Mrfdesign - 1

Prodigy: I really like you concept, it is very different looking, and could be a cool style to go with, the way the headlights are done, is very unique. I am just thinking it ain't that dodge inspired..

Cosworth: I think your concept is too boxy, the design doesn't scream dodge.

Axis: I think this is a great entry, good competitor against the Golf and a3! Dodge would definetly get a big part of the market, if they sent out a car like that. I give you 4.

BryanRC: I like that your entry is set up as if it is ready to become a production car. But I think it is not out of the box enough, the idea is nice though.

Steve Neil: I am loving the raw and massive look to it. The render is also very nice done, but I don't think it fits in, because it looks like a massive consumer.

Mrfdesign: Exiting sketch, looking very good, I must say though that I am not the biggest fan of the headlights. Other wise good job. I give you 1.

yourlittlebro: I think yours look like a viper turned into a midsized car, like the Golf :P I am liking the sketching style, reminds me of some of the sketches I have seen from the 90'ies. But as I have said, I don't think it says dodge.

Domino: As always a great design, and exiting render. I think your design has that fierceness that Dodge need, if they are shrinking down in model size. I give you 2.

Taskbearer: I am really into your idea, no matter if it looks a bit french, I am liking it, a very different approach. I give you 3.

Mr. Burns: I like your sedan looking car, but I don't think it screems muscle and power like dodge is known to do.

ElementW: I like your concept, for me it looks like a minicar, like the Smart. The perspective is a bit wacked, but overall gj.

To all entries good job!

I agree with the comments that I have received for my car. The wheels are oversized, and there are missing some more view. I also think it is too big and too old looking. But I saw it as good practice :D

Rob
12-05-2008, 05:51 PM
4 - PRODIGY
3 - mrfdesign
2 - AXIS
1 - DoMiNo

NelsonDesign
12-06-2008, 01:46 AM
Great turnout, sorry I wasn't in it...

Here's me votes...
4- AXIS
3-Domino
2- Mr. Burns
1-Martin

I gave you guys the points because you really kept Dodge's current style and made it look good which is VERY hard, sorry this vote wasn't quite as good as my other ones.

Good job to everyone.

AXIS
12-07-2008, 06:02 PM
4. PRODIGY
3. mrfdesign
2. DoMiNo
1. Mr. Burns

ElementW
12-08-2008, 10:30 PM
4-PRODIGY
3-AXIS
2-DoMiNo
1-Taskbearer

yourlilbro
12-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the vote Prodigy! My first vote on the forum, and thanks for the comments guys, I realise that the rear is a bit unpractical, but hey!

Heres my votes:

4-DoMiNo
3-AXIS
2-PRODIGY
1-mrfdesign

good luck to all!

Superfresa
12-13-2008, 04:20 PM
VOTING CLOSED

Thanks to everyone for participating, it was an awesome contest. Thanks for all the votes too guys.

DoMiNo is busy having a Mojito in some caribbean island and so I thought I'd close the voting for him.

Dont worry, we only gave him a few days hollidays so he'll be back soon.

Here's how the voting ended up:

DoMiNo - 27
AXIS - 26
Prodigy - 24
mrfdesign - 11
Mr. Burns - 9
taskbearer - 8
yourlilbro - 2
Element W - 2
MartinEDesign - 1
Cosworth - 0
BryanRC - 0
SteveNeill - 0

Congratulations to DoMiNo for winning this one.

Think of a new theme and PM it to yourself so you can set it up when you get back! :P (Or I can set it up for you if you want it done now).

Well done to everyone again!

DoMiNo
12-15-2008, 01:40 AM
DoMiNo is busy having a Mojito in some caribbean island and so I thought I'd close the voting for him.

Haha, hardly! :grintoothless: I was freezing my ass off skiing in Colorado... there were definitely a few moments when I could have used a tropical island and a mojito, though. Thank you everyone for your patience and thank you Dan for wrapping up the contest.

And of course an immense thank you for the votes, gentlemen :) I really appreciate it, man this was a close contest! A testament to the overall quality of your entries and I salute you all.

I will have a new contest up tonight.

Superfresa
12-15-2008, 05:07 AM
[/CENTER]
[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

Haha, hardly! :grintoothless: I was freezing my ass off skiing in Colorado... there were definitely a few moments when I could have used a tropical island and a mojito, though. Thank you everyone for your patience and thank you Dan for wrapping up the contest.

And of course an immense thank you for the votes, gentlemen :) I really appreciate it, man this was a close contest! A testament to the overall quality of your entries and I salute you all.

I will have a new contest up tonight.

Hurry up and give us a good theme for this one. I've got my pen on paper and I'm ready to have a crack this time :D

Just dont make it one of those highly un-interesting topics which restrict us to designing a boring car that I've never even seen in person before :P Hehe. Nah kidding, go for whatever.

Ohh skiing, fun. But cold, lol.

DoMiNo
12-15-2008, 05:31 AM
Hurry up and give us a good theme for this one. I've got my pen on paper and I'm ready to have a crack this time :D

GASP! Really??

Just dont make it one of those highly un-interesting topics which restrict us to designing a boring car that I've never even seen in person before :P Hehe. Nah kidding, go for whatever.

Are you implying something about my topics? :cry:

Superfresa
12-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Are you implying something about my topics? :cry:

LOL. Considering how much attention I've been paying to this area in the past few years, I doubt thats the case. Its just that last time I thought about participating, it was redesigning an Infinity, or acura or something, and the time before that it was some American brand :P

Anyway, we'll see how it goes :P

PRODIGY
12-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Think of a new theme and PM it to yourself so you can set it up when you get back! :P

LOL!

Well done DoMiNo!

That was a VERY close contest! Thanks to all of you who voted for mine!

LamboMan
12-18-2008, 05:27 PM
mrfdesign - 3
Domino - 3
MartinEDesign - 2
AXIS - 2

Rob
12-19-2008, 02:58 PM
I get the feeling you should have done that earlier, LamboMan...