Jeep Wrangler EV
Kia Borrego FCEV
Mercedes-Benz Fascination
Saab 9-X Ait Bio-Hybrid Convertible
Spyker Aileron
Toyota CNG Camry Hybrid

the1
11-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Hyundai Sonata Hybrid concept is a preview of the next gen or the current model?

Player4
11-14-2008, 03:07 PM
It should be next gen, Hyundai said that the next generation was gonna have a hybrid so im guessing it is. Hopefully

63Bonneville
11-14-2008, 05:10 PM
It's about time there's a posting for the LA auto show (LAIAS) being it's fast-approaching - next week following this post (11/14/08) are the press-event days. There appears to be some nice debuts, but, it's too bad that GM pulled out of the press conferences for LA, taking into account recently reported situations, but we'll have to wait until January at NAIAS for GM, and I don't want to wish the Holidays away, either.

knicks125
11-15-2008, 02:38 AM
The Sonata will be a preview of the next gen - it will be codenamed YF (current generation is NF, and the one prior, EF), wonder what comes after ;)

Anyway, believe it or not, despite the current Sonata having only been revamped for a short while, we should see the production model of the next gen in a few months (target next year unveil I think) - Hyundai is accelerating the life cycle of the Sonata. I am also hearing other variants (aside from the hybrid model) in the works but we'll see how much truth those rumors come about.

Overall, should be a good show with variety of new model debuts. Can't wait to see all of the unveilings.

the1
11-15-2008, 10:29 AM
So a new better Sonata will be out so soon. Good.

Ascariss
11-15-2008, 09:28 PM
well the show can't get here fast enough, the bad news keeps piling on from the automotive world.

swizzle
11-16-2008, 02:24 AM
well the show can't get here fast enough, the bad news keeps piling on from the automotive world.

Indeed. If they wait long enough, more debuts will be pulled.

rodgerdodger
11-17-2008, 03:09 AM
Wow.. the only thing that really surprises me on that list is the World Debut of the Mustang.. I knew the new Fusion/Milan/MKZ would be there, but I could have sworn the Mustang would debut in Detroit. I guess with all the Challenger and Camaro hoopla, the sooner the better!

I'm also very much looking forward to seeing the Nissan Cube! The Kia Soul sort of made it's NA debut at the SEMA show.. but it was still the concept model.

I can't wait to go!

TheCarBlogger
11-18-2008, 12:22 AM
knicks125, are you sure about the fact that the Hybrid Concept will preview the YF? I thought it was more of an experimental vehicle of the hybrid powertrain in the current-generation NF Sonata.

against the wall
11-18-2008, 01:31 AM
on the LA site theres a hyundai sonata hybrid listed, along with a hyundai concept (hed-5 i think)

edit: its the hyundai concept that was at geneva, but strangely theres no pic. maybe its an updated version.

knicks125
11-18-2008, 02:00 AM
Interesting tidbits:

1) Toyota is debuting the CNG Camry but no press conference scheduled so likely just the technology. Toyota did something similar a few years back.
2) The exotic brands are most likley bringing its Paris cars to LA, although no listing on the show website as of yet.
3) smart has a conference - any guesses what they are bringing to the venue?

knicks125, are you sure about the fact that the Hybrid Concept will preview the YF? I thought it was more of an experimental vehicle of the hybrid powertrain in the current-generation NF Sonata.

That was what I had been told. We'll find out in a few days if it is true. :cool:

Ascariss
11-18-2008, 02:24 AM
4 more days, I am surprised nothing has leaked yet.

looking forwards to the mazda 3 hatch and hyundai concept myself.

knicks125
11-18-2008, 03:38 AM
Are you going to be there? Take lots of pics if you are!!!

The first press conference is scheduled for Wednesday morning so we should see something soon, especially those leakages :lol:

Ford is actually debuting the Mustang tomorrow night on Speed TV; although we've already seen something like 1,523,232 sneak previews. Too bad Ford hasn't given us a sneak preview of the power fluid...

EDIT: I take it back, the Mustang is out already (Check the New Cars section). I will also take back my comments before, it looks a lot better than what I expected.

Ascariss
11-18-2008, 07:14 AM
I wish, I don't see myself as a reporter lol, infact I'd probably get kicked out for asking too many questions.

boston
11-19-2008, 12:05 AM
http://www.worldcarfans.com/9081118.032/toyota-cng-camry-hybrid-concept-revealed-prior-to-la-debut

Hybrid to wow.

Player4
11-20-2008, 06:03 AM
So what happened to the Sonata Hybrid? Is it not gonna debut here?

knicks125
11-22-2008, 01:57 AM
It was there, not the whole car though (see below) :cool:

I didn't create a separate thread so I am throwing it in here, as part of the ongoing discussions. The big news that came out of the Hyundai camp at LA auto show was its drive to meet the 35mpg US gov't mandate 5 years earlier. You can read more about all of the detailed info in the below link, including the blue editions of Accent and Elantra (Hyundai says it'd be cheaper than the base trim, believe it or not), next-gen Sonata hybrid, which will be the first to use li-polymer, and near-future fuel cell vehicles.

http://www.hyundainews.com/Auto_Show_News/Los_Angeles_Auto_Show/2008_Los_Angeles_Auto_Show_-_Hyundai_Blue_Drive/Press_Release.asp

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/11/21/automobiles/autoshow/600-hyundai-hybrid.jpg

http://www.hyundainews.com/assets/asset_upload_file321_2946.jpg