PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Hamilton - world champion!!!

PRODIGY
11-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Wow, what a close race!!

WELL DONE LEWIS!!!

PRODIGY
11-02-2008, 08:51 PM
This is the moment when ferrari realised that they hadn't won.. lol

http://i38.tinypic.com/34i1bnp.gif

Ascariss
11-02-2008, 10:00 PM
regardless, his driving today was poor and no where near how a champion should perform. ferrari still won the constructors. :D

scorpio14
11-03-2008, 01:03 AM
I would have loved to watch the race, pity it started at 4am here. I was woke up and it was 4:45, i should have watched it instead falling asleep again.

I want to see more of the Ferrari reaction is there anywhere where i can see the full reaction.

Lewis is certainly luck, if it werent for Trulli spinning and Toyota sticking with those tyres at the end who knows what would have happened.

Still happy for him, glad Ferrari didnt come away with both titles. I was hoping Lewis would get it even if he did bad in the final race.

Steve Neill
11-03-2008, 05:49 AM
regardless, his driving today was poor and no where near how a champion should perform. ferrari still won the constructors. :D

Vettell was the better driver by a huuuuge amount. I think it's gross to think that Lewis won. He's too young to take the title. Massa should have won.

the future
11-03-2008, 12:54 PM
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the future
11-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Lewis is certainly luck, if it werent for Trulli spinning and Toyota sticking with those tyres at the end who knows what would have happened.
If the Toyotas hadn't pushed his luck and made a pitstop to get wet tyres like everyone else, Glock wouldn't even have reached the 6th place. Lewis deserved this 5th place.

Massa should have won.
Why? Only because he is older and doesn't have much more chances to win the title? The best driver shall win, and the best one is the one who scores the biggest amount of points. The championship wasn't won yesterday - it lasted 18 races. Massa had even worse races (let's mention Hungary where he spinned 5 times). Lewis is the Drivers' World Champion 2008, and it's amazing that he reached this in such a young age.

Steve Neill
11-03-2008, 01:43 PM
If the Toyotas hadn't pushed his luck and made a pitstop to get wet tyres like everyone else, Glock wouldn't even have reached the 6th place. Lewis deserved this 5th place.

Why? Only because he is older and doesn't have much more chances to win the title? The best driver shall win, and the best one is the one who scores the biggest amount of points. The championship wasn't won yesterday - it lasted 18 races. Massa had even worse races (let's mention Hungary where he spinned 5 times). Lewis is the Drivers' World Champion 2008, and it's amazing that he reached this in such a young age.

The kids to young and cock-eyed to have such a title.

mick78
11-03-2008, 02:02 PM
Well, he certainly deserves this title, even if his driving in the last race was not altogether that great and he had luck. but altogether, his performance this year as last year were incredible for such a young guy.

But I'm also kind of sorry for Masa, certainly one of the best "no. 2"drivers in history (always had some "great" driver next to him), and finally showed he is good enough to compete for WC until the last corner. I guess this is as close as he could get.

But once again I was impressed with Vettel's performance, how he could keep pace with the top teams in his Toro Rosso. Certainly a sure bet for a future world champion.

the future
11-03-2008, 02:28 PM

How dare you? Should he have donated the title to an older driver? Lewis was championship leader during more than half the season, he was leading the table during 9 races ahead of the Brailian GP. If there is noone to beat him, age doesn't matter.

mick78
11-03-2008, 02:45 PM
How dare you? Should he have donated the title to an older driver? Lewis was championship leader during more than half the season, he was leading the table during 9 races ahead of the Brailian GP. If there is noone to beat him, age doesn't matter.

Well let's just hope for him he will not end like Jaques Villeneuve, who also became WC in his second season and was a outstanding talent, then, however, disappeared very quickly, I don't know how much of this was based on arogance based on the quick victory, and how much on Schumi.

PRODIGY
11-03-2008, 03:21 PM

Cock-eyed?

What difference does that make?

The kid can drive! Doesn't matter if he was 16 or 106, if he can win races then fair play to him.
Sure, his age shows sometimes when he makes silly mistakes, but he'll learn from them and be better for it.

I think it's brilliant that a young man can win the title in his 2nd season, and come so close in his 1st season.

Steve Neill
11-03-2008, 04:25 PM

How dare I? WTF Are you? My Mother?

He drove recklessly all season. He bumped into cars to get places. He slowed down so that no one would pass, many times in fact.

He deserves the title about as much as my bag of socks do IMO.

And you have no right to issue an "How dare you?".

Steve Neill
11-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Oh I forgot, most of you guys are from Europe, so you'll vote for the British boy. My mistake. :wtf:

PRODIGY
11-03-2008, 04:56 PM
How dare I? WTF Are you? My Mother?

He drove recklessly all season. He bumped into cars to get places. He slowed down so that no one would pass, many times in fact.

He deserves the title about as much as my bag of socks do IMO.

And you have no right to issue an "How dare you?".

First off, everyone needs to chill. Yeah, the "how dare you" may have been a bit harsh, but then so is discriminating against Lewis because of his age or cock-eyed appearence.

I don't think he drove that recklessly to be honest, and besides i'd rather watch in interesting race than just a procession of drivers too scared to take risks.

Oh I forgot, most of you guys are from Europe, so you'll vote for the British boy. My mistake. :wtf:

Well that stands to reason. If there was a Canadian driver like Lewis then i'm sure you'd be defending him like we're defending Lewis.

At the end of the day, Lewis has been a breath of fresh air. When Schumi was winning every race I lost interest. And he's european too lol.

Rob
11-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Hamilton was always gonna win the championship. So predictable. Next year, I want Jenson Button to go on a better team and win the championship. And I'm afraid I kinda agree with Steve, he is a cocky little squirt.

mick78
11-04-2008, 09:31 AM
I don't think Button is a future champion - he has been here too long to ba able to go to one of the top teams;

Anyway, for next year I think Alonso with Renault might b back in the game, the progress tehy did around teh end of the year was impressive, and, though Alsonso also being rtaher arogant, he is still a good driver.

Ferrari? Hmmm, I think both Massa and esp. Raikonnen might have lost their spirit, it will be however interesting to see how Vettel is improving, he seems to me very talented (and that coming form an Austrian about a German guy ;) ).

Anyway, I hope for more races as good as the final for next year!!

Rob
11-04-2008, 05:34 PM
I don't think Button is a future champion - he has been here too long to ba able to go to one of the top teams.
The odds are against it, but it'd be cool if he did.

ajprice
11-06-2008, 12:50 PM
All new cars next year with slick tyres, and no horns, rabbit ears or fins on the car bodies, so who knows, Honda might actually make a fast car! They've got Ross Brawn, and have apparently been working on the 2009 car since before the 2007 season ended.