PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Motor Trend Sport/Utility of the Year

Player4
10-07-2008, 02:56 AM
2009 Motor Trend Sport/Utility of the Year: This year's players, a diverse group

BMW X6
Chevrolet Traverse
Dodge Journey
Ford Flex
Honda Pilot
Kia Borrego
Infiniti EX
Infiniti FX
Lexus LX 570
Nissan Murano
Subaru Forester
Toyota Sequoia
Volkswagen Tiguan

http://blogs.motortrend.com/6290915/car-of-the-year/2009-motor-trend-sport-utility-of-the-year-this-years-players-a-diverse-group/index.html

My top 3:
Kia Borrego
Honda Pilot
Nissan Murano

DoMiNo
10-07-2008, 04:23 AM
Ford Flex has a shot. So does Subie Forester (not IMO, but judging by reviews it is a very decent car), Nissan Murano, and VW Tiguan. Traverse seems nice but a Lambda couldn't get it before, I don't see why that would change now.

I think crossovers will rule this year. For obvious reasons.

swizzle
10-08-2008, 01:31 AM
It would not surprise me if the Flex gets it.

Player4
10-16-2008, 05:22 AM
Sport/Utility Of The Year: Subaru Forester

Clearcut: Soaring Fuel Prices and a Fizzling Economy Have Made It a Jungle Out There, But This Year's Winner Is Easy to See for the Trees

http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/suv/112_0812_2009_subaru_forester_suv_of_the_year/index.html

I am truly dissapointed by this years winner. Isnt the car supposed to be a good offroader, and all around a better suv than the others? How is this better other than the fact that it consumes less gas? Oh and a 4-speed auto?? haha this is 2008, right?

Never saw it coming

DoMiNo
10-16-2008, 05:35 AM
Not exactly a shocker. As goes the market, so goes automotive journalism. The Subie was far and away the most "sensible" choice. Even if it is also perhaps the least exciting.

Player4
10-16-2008, 05:40 AM
I guess thats true. MT is biased by the economy and gas prices so it was the smarter pick BUT to me, i dont think it really lives up to the MTSOTY title.

ndjan
12-19-2008, 02:13 AM
Not exactly a shocker. As goes the market, so goes automotive journalism. The Subie was far and away the most "sensible" choice. Even if it is also perhaps the least exciting.

It's got this cult/niche status that plays well with Motor Trend, who admittedly likes to go for the under-recognized. I'm cool with the choice.