PDA

View Full Version : "Design Porsche's Next Icon" Contest

DoMiNo
06-24-2008, 08:41 PM
Congratulations to the future on his contest win. He's presented these three possible topics for the next design contest; please vote for the one you'd most like to see and once we have some sort of consensus I will open the next contest.

Option 1: The World's Sexiest Car
"Design a car that simply has the most breathtaking curves in automotive history." A broad topic. Each designer will obviously have their individual conceptions of what constitutes a sexy car, but it would nonetheless be interesting to see these distinct aesthetics put down on paper.

Option 2: The next Big Thing from Porsche
"With the Cayenne and the Panamera, Porsche will not be a thoroughbred sportscar brand anymore." What's next? The rumored small SUV, a front-engined GT coupe, or maybe another brutal sportscar? A slightly more restricted topic.

Option 3: The New Chrysler Sebring
"It's not hard to draw something that looks better than the current Sebring." Chrysler is in a tough spot and desperately needs to generate consumer interest in its smaller, more fuel-efficient vehicles. A drastic Sebring redesign could alleviate some criticisms and get buyers interested again. A model-specific topic.

Vote away!

2o6
06-25-2008, 04:07 AM
Number Two.

Ascariss
06-25-2008, 04:34 AM
porsche for sure.

emotive
06-25-2008, 07:30 AM
PORSCHE and i will enter!!!!

mrfdesign
06-25-2008, 12:23 PM
Porsche PLEASE

CosworthKid
06-25-2008, 12:33 PM
I voted for the first as I think we would get to see some truly stunning designs. Second choice would be Porsche although given their constant use of 911 themes i think it will be quite challenging for anyone to think outside the box! Yet if that could happen it would be very very interesting

the future
06-25-2008, 05:33 PM
I voted for the first as I think we would get to see some truly stunning designs. Second choice would be Porsche although given their constant use of 911 themes i think it will be quite challenging for anyone to think outside the box! Yet if that could happen it would be very very interesting

Exactly, you say it! There have been many complaints about Porsche latching onto the 911 theme. This contest would be a good chance for anyone to see if it is easy or hard to design something else for Porsche.

The same goes for the Chrysler contest: Chryslers didn't always look how they do today, so a new Chrysler Sebring could look radically different without difficulty. Just take the Cirrus and the Sebring: Do they have anything in common? No. Therefore, this contest would as well be a chance to think outside the box.

CosworthKid
06-25-2008, 06:33 PM
I do agree, although sadly Chrysler just announced there will not be a new Sebring, with a new model taking the place of it and the Avenger. Still i guess if its going to take the place of the Sebring it will still quality

DoMiNo
06-26-2008, 12:55 AM
Porsche it is, then. Contest will be up shortly!

Thanks for voting, all :)

DoMiNo
06-26-2008, 01:25 AM
<o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="City"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/2908/porschebannertf9.jpg

In the world of sports cars there may be no more storied manufacturer than Porsche. With a legacy of innovation and performance complemented by what may be the industry’s most enviable racing pedigree, the German company has amassed a cult-like following among enthusiasts. Countless sports car icons have rolled off the factory floor at Stuttgart; classics like the 356, 550, 917, 959, 928, and—the king of them all—the 911 have captured the imaginations of generations of drivers and have laid the foundations of one of the most successful automotive companies in history.
<o:p> </o:p>
Yet despite their good fortune, the forward thinking executives at Porsche have realized for years that the 911 and its variants—and indeed, sports cars in general—have finite appeal. To grow its market share and guarantee its stability the company has ventured from its sports car heritage to offer more “controversial” products: the <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cayenne</st1:place></st1:city> sport utility vehicle and forthcoming Panamera 4-door coupe. Aficionados often balk at the sight of these “non-Porsches” but the fact is that their sales have ensured a bright future for the company's mainstay models. Other critics point out that Porsche’s design language has stagnated; the signature cues of the iconic 911 have for too long dictated the design of Porsche’s other models, resulting in a model range of incredibly competent but all-too-similar automobiles.
Your task is to design Porsche’s next icon. The two most important issues you will face are (1) whether to stray from the company’s tried-and-true styling formula and (2) what kind of car you think will best serve Porsche in the future. Will it be the rumored “baby <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cayenne</st1:place></st1:city>,” a small crossover to increase the brand’s mass appeal? Will it be a front-engined GT successor to the mighty 928? A super-light sub-Cayman sports car? Or a brutal heir to the Carrera GT’s supercar crown?
Good luck designers, I’m looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!
***This contest will close July 12.***

DoMiNo
06-27-2008, 03:48 AM
Soooo yeah... I had a lot of free time today and I was excited about this contest so I went ahead and put together an entry. I've been musing about a small, featherlight Porsche roadster for a long time but this is the first time I've had the motivation to really flesh out the idea.

I call this the Porsche Targa Florio; it's named to honor Porsche's domination of the fabled Targa Florio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Targa_Florio) race in Italy (which is no longer around) and is intended as an "entry-level" Porsche in the sense that it will cost about $10,000 less than a base Cayman (i.e. under $40K).

The concept is similar to that of Volkswagen's 2005 EcoRacer (http://photo.netcarshow.com/Volkswagen-EcoRacer_Prototype_2005_photo_06.jpg)concept, in that a primary objective was to keep weight down (through the heavy use of composites in the structure and body panels), thus allowing for sharper handling and more economical powertrains. The "TF" is available as a soft-top roadster or hardtop coupe; both models tip the scales at about 2200 lbs. and enjoy the option of a 2.0L TSI four-cylinder petrol engine or a 2.0L direct-injected TDI. Both engines offer abundant horsepower and torque while returning exceptional mileage in everyday driving conditions. The sole transmission choice is Porsche's new PDK sequential gearbox.

The TF is particularly important as Porsche seeks to shore up its environmental credentials. The sports car would offer excellent fuel economy and far lower CO2 emissions than larger Porsche models, and at its comparatively low price would make up a sizeable portion of Porsche's global sales. Perfect for offsetting the poor economy of its larger, more powerful, lower-sales volume cars.

Pictured (from top to bottom) are the Targa Florio Roadster (petrol) from the rear, the Roadster from the front, and the Coupe (diesel) from the rear.

I feel so good having gotten my contest entry out of the way so early!! :woot2:

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/4505/porschetfcp6.jpg

LamboMan
06-27-2008, 09:23 AM
:shock2::shock2::shock2::shock2: That is soooo AMAZING!!!! The front fascia looks a little like the Cayenne and the rear lights, though totally original, stay true to Porsche's design. Which is a reallly good thing! The second rear view( the hardtop one) is outta this world. Your detailing is top notch and the shading is excellent as always. Rims have always been your forte and the twin exhausts look like little rocket boosters. Nice touch! How in the world did you even think up such an amazing design?? As i said in one of your design threads, you just keep getting better and better every time! Definitely one of your best pieces of work. :thumbsup::bows:

Along with being THE BEST DESIGNER in CSS history, you sure can make AMAZING write-ups too! The whole appeal of the contest goes through the roof thanks to your write-ups.

The Stylist
06-27-2008, 10:17 AM
That looks fantastic DoMiNo! I love the 3rd quarter view of the coupe.

mrfdesign
06-27-2008, 11:46 AM
GLad to see your in first!! :-) Domino i think it's a pretty awesome design, very sleek, very futuristic but IMO not very Porsche, as a Porsche enthusiast i do appreciate the 911 styling that has been traditionally evolving and used in all their cars. Your 'TF' is probably too insane (in a good way) to be a Porsche, of course the Carrera GT is insane but that is a supercar. Porsche wouldn't bring a smaller roadster than the Boxster out, I think it would make the brand far too accesible. Remember, Porsche is a premium brand. And to be honest your car looks like a $60 000+ car ! You actually should,ve called this the new Cayman and boxster. I must say using Audi engines is not going to be appreciated by Porsche enthusiasts (knowing the Cayenne is getting the 3.0TDI) however the Cayenne is not a Porsche.. sorry i hate it (Porsches biggest cock up in history lol).
Anyways a real quality entry, top notch drawings, theres not much to crit but i'l give you my 10 cents worth :-) , the exhaust pipes are far too large for a 2.0 vehicle, the side skirt design is a bit too radical for a Porsche however i think because its there those lines should've continued through to the rear bumper just to add flow to the design. I must say if you showed me a side view of this car i wouldn't say it's a Porsche and thats pretty much the only negative thing about your design in the context of this contest. But wow easily your best work yet.

the future
06-27-2008, 12:58 PM
Haha, this is exactly what I had expected from you, DoMiNo! After having won the last contest, I scrolled through the "design contest ideas" thread and also through the member galleries, and then I sticked to this sketch from you: http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/2158/porschetc6.jpg ... and then, the idea of a Porsche contest arose!

It's funny that the backlights of your Targa Florio look almost exactly like the ones in my current sketches (but I don't reveal any details about my Porsche yet *g*). I will now go on vacation until July 5, and I'm already looking forward to see new entries at that time. I hope to be able to finish my design soon.

Vrooooooooooom!!!

AXIS
06-27-2008, 02:28 PM
Holy SHIfT DoMiNo! that is one stellar entry.

PRODIGY
06-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Wow! That is amazing!

I got game this time though, you got competition.. mine will be up later on when I get to a scanner.

It's on!!!!

LOL

Nah, mine isn't a patch on yours in reality. It is very VERY small and perfectly formed though.

PRODIGY
06-27-2008, 10:08 PM
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk292/johnnydoe1999/porsche.jpg

The Porsche Carretta.

In these days of high fuel costs, and concern about Co2 gasses, we thought that we needed a model line to show that Porsche care. This model will also find favour with a certain Ken Livingstone who tried to punish our customers by way of the £25 congestion charge, as we didn't have a model that fell in the lower band.

When Volswagen decided against producing the UP! with the concepts rear engine RWD configeration, Posche took up the still born project and produced this, the Carretta.

It shares the doors, windcreen and roof with the UP! but every other panel is new

There will be a number of variations. Shown below is the basic version which has 3 seats (2 at the front, 1 at the back) and features a 1100cc motorbike inspired compact engine. There will also be a 2 seater version with the same 1.4 supercharged and turbocharged engine that the Golf GT uses. This model will have a different rear bumper with more cooling vents and a bigger rear spoiler.

So, the car you've all been waiting for, here is the future of Porsche.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb251/adythesaxoman/car%20drawings/97267788.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb251/adythesaxoman/car%20drawings/5dcc59e6.jpg

DoMiNo
06-27-2008, 11:20 PM
Wow, thanks for the C&C everyone!!

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMATTDO%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Wingdings; panose-1:5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:2; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 268435456 0 0 -2147483648 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
The front fascia looks a little like the Cayenne and the rear lights, though totally original, stay true to Porsche's design. Which is a reallly good thing! The second rear view( the hardtop one) is outta this world. Your detailing is top notch and the shading is excellent as always. Rims have always been your forte and the twin exhausts look like little rocket boosters.

Thanks for the praise! I’m glad you noticed some of the smaller details, and I’m especially happy that you think I’ve managed a compromise between traditional elements of Porsche design and a completely new direction. I wanted to be drastic but not too drastic, hopefully that comes through in the design. Thanks for the comments :)

That looks fantastic DoMiNo! I love the 3rd quarter view of the coupe.

Thanks! It’s interesting; initially I intended to follow the EcoRacer concept of a versatile coupe/convertible/speedster in one, and the dedicated coupe admittedly came completely by accident. An accidental stray pencil line on the roadster sketch (top) provided my inspiration for the “fastback” greenhouse, so I went ahead and overlaid the initial sketch for another version. The DLO is a little more 996 than 997, but I prefer the more fluid shape. Thanks again! You gonna enter? Would love to see your take on this topic.<o:p></o:p>

Domino i think it's a pretty awesome design, very sleek, very futuristic but IMO not very Porsche, as a Porsche enthusiast i do appreciate the 911 styling that has been traditionally evolving and used in all their cars.

I must say using Audi engines is not going to be appreciated by Porsche enthusiasts (knowing the Cayenne is getting the 3.0TDI) however the Cayenne is not a Porsche..

Rather than slavishly follow the Porsche archetype, I wanted to expand the design language and I knew that in so doing I risked alienating some of the “purists”. But I figured it was worth the risk to inject a breath of fresh air into the lineup. I tried several front ends before settling on this one; most of them inevitably ended up looking exactly like a current model. It was actually harder than I thought to put decades of design evolution aside! As for the powertrains: again, I was hoping that the Targa Florio would be “more than the sum of its parts.” Obviously sharing with Audi and VW would be necessary to keep the price down, but if the final product was a beautifully-driving car, I figure consumers would overlook that. <o:p></o:p>
The tailpipes were meant to be a little exaggerated, as was the rocker panel (which I initially envisioned in a brushed copper finish, like the wheels and accents on the original Boxster concept car ca. 1993). If it’s “not very Porsche” then in a way I feel like I achieved my goal XD though like I said before, I understood from the get-go that not all purists would appreciate it. Then again, everyone thought Jaguar’s design language was sacrosanct until they also realized no one wanted to buy them anymore ;) Design languages have to move forward, sometimes in greater leaps. Thanks for the thoughtful commentary, looking forward to your design!<o:p></o:p>

Haha, this is exactly what I had expected from you, DoMiNo! After having won the last contest, I scrolled through the "design contest ideas" thread and also through the member galleries, and then I sticked to this sketch from you: http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/2158/porschetc6.jpg ... and then, the idea of a Porsche contest arose!

The little roadster sketch in my gallery was indeed my basic inspiration; though it evolved to be more of a street car, obviously, and ended up looking quite different. Great contest idea :D Have a good vacation. <o:p></o:p>
Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment! Looking forward to everyone’s entries!! This contest, surprisingly, leaves a lot to the imagination :cool:<o:p></o:p>

DoMiNo
06-27-2008, 11:35 PM
Haha, wow PRODIGY! And I thought a front-engined roadster would be a controversial Porsche!! :P

It's certainly uncharted waters for the brand and I definitely give you props for exploring the extreme! And I see VW technology inspired you, as well (hey, it just makes sense!). It's a very interesting concept, and nicely drawn, too. You've come so far on your perspectives and proportions. The face of the car is *just* enough of a departure from the current look to seem new and fresh; I particularly like how you've bisected the headlamps with the bumper, it's a neat look. The rear also works very well; the tail lamps are very Porsche and the 911-like vents between them look cool and actually make sense, given the layout. Given how small you intend this car to be, you may encounter some packaging issues with the larger motors you mentioned.

Overall though, the car strikes me as a little too much of a reach. The sharing of body panels with the very downmarket Up! is smart but perhaps not the best move to maintain brand quity. And the sides and greenhouse of the car are a tad plain, with almost a Renault look. I'm not opposed to moving the brand downmarket (obviously, as I did it too; and for much the same reasons) but I feel like it may be going a little far :P

Still, terrific drawing and very creative concept. Nice job!

PRODIGY
06-28-2008, 10:00 AM
Haha, wow PRODIGY! And I thought a front-engined roadster would be a controversial Porsche!! :P

It's certainly uncharted waters for the brand and I definitely give you props for exploring the extreme! And I see VW technology inspired you, as well (hey, it just makes sense!). It's a very interesting concept, and nicely drawn, too. You've come so far on your perspectives and proportions. The face of the car is *just* enough of a departure from the current look to seem new and fresh; I particularly like how you've bisected the headlamps with the bumper, it's a neat look. The rear also works very well; the tail lamps are very Porsche and the 911-like vents between them look cool and actually make sense, given the layout. Given how small you intend this car to be, you may encounter some packaging issues with the larger motors you mentioned.

Overall though, the car strikes me as a little too much of a reach. The sharing of body panels with the very downmarket Up! is smart but perhaps not the best move to maintain brand quity. And the sides and greenhouse of the car are a tad plain, with almost a Renault look. I'm not opposed to moving the brand downmarket (obviously, as I did it too; and for much the same reasons) but I feel like it may be going a little far :P

Still, terrific drawing and very creative concept. Nice job!

Cheers DoMiNo for the c+c!

I knew that this would be a controversial one, but I think that (like it or not) this is the way Porsche are heading. Especially if they are finally allowed to buy VW outright.

This definately aint one for the purists, but I envisage it as the ultimate performance city car - a new niche I reckon slotting below the bigger hot hatches.

I thought the engines may sound a tad big, that's why I went for the 3 seat or 2 seat idea. I reckon that (with a shoe-horn) they may just fit lol!

Originally I was planning to draw a Porsche based on a VW Golf, but that really would be diluting the brand even more with a front engined FWD hatchback.

--------

Going back to your drawing, I didn't fully elaborate...

The back end is just sex lol, I love the little hump on the rear of the drivers side of the targa (BTW, right hand drive? Is this getting revealed at London lol). Also, i'm assuming that the disk in the middle of the trunk is the fuel filler right? Looks great! The back lights are perfect, and the intake and difuser are menacingly great. I prefer the exhausts on the coupe though.

That Porsche badge shape behind the front wheels - does that act as the side repeater? Neat little touch.

The shape is spot on too. Beautifull design.

Interesting line from the bumper/fascia that wraps around the headlights and beneath the hood. Would that be a contrasting colour? I reckon it should be!

Just out of interest, you say this car will be $40k, what would its competition in NA be? $40k is about £20k in the Uk, so its competition would be top end MX5s and the BMW z4. We pay more for less over here! :(

One crit - the idea (although a bit smaller and cheaper) is very close to the Cayman and Boxter in shape and spirit. But if it really was $40k then you'd have a sportscar for the masses and a guarenteed icon!

Drawing and presentation excellent as usual. Top work! You really need to send a portfolio to some car companies - you may as well get paid to do these, after all you do a better job than some so called designers.

CosworthKid
06-28-2008, 10:35 AM
Sorry Prodigy mate but the car you suggest is a nightmare for Porsche! Why do they need to go down that lane? Hybrid and diesel power done right is exactly what will keep Porsche going in the future and that is as controversial as it will get for a long while i think. A small car like that makes no sense for Porsche, they got Volkswagen -Seat- Skoda and now Audi for those type of cars, Porsche's should not go down that road. I don't mean to burst your bubble mate, honest! Your drawing is great and wouldn't mind seeing it in production but just not as a Porsche ;). Love the front, its exactly how i would imagine a more youthful Porsche to look like from that perspective:)
Then again...lol..well Lambo has some really SMALL cars used in Italy as police vehicles (or is it the Vatican?) so your Porsche could be perfect for that, haha

DoMiNo i think your design is as "small" as a Porsche can/should get. Great design as usual, sort of like a mini-Carrera GT stepping on Lotus terrritory.:)

emotive
06-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Lambo has some really SMALL cars used in Italy as police vehicles (or is it the Vatican?) so your Porsche could be perfect for that, haha

haha i saw these two police officers next to a parked black LAMBO GOLF CART!!! :eek:
... i always wanted a V12 golf cart lol!

now about the designs... dom, that thing is awesome!!! the taillights aren't exactly to my taste but the general shape of the car and the side window is absolutely gorgous!

OMG prodigy!!! you ledgend!!! your skills have improved unbelieveably in such a short period of time!!! your perspective is getting better every sketch and your ideas are wonderful! next time tho, draw some sort of shadow or something under the car~ it looks better lol...

BryanRW
06-28-2008, 01:07 PM
Introducing The Porsche CARTAGENA. It is Porsche's first ever small hatchback. It will leave such cars like the Volkswagen Golf R32,Audi S3 and BMW 135i in its tyre tracks. It will be powered by :
3.5litre TDI
4.0Turbo
2.7Turbo
3.4s and a 4.8 V8.
Inside The CARTAGENA it will be complete luxury with leather seats.satnav/tv. The CARTAGENA is available as a 3-door hatchback or a 5-door hatchback.

mrfdesign
06-28-2008, 01:42 PM
hahahaha insanity has prevailed here!!! Prodigy you have comitted a cardinal sin!! hahahaha lol as a Porsche purist I would not be impressed with that coming out, however skilss wise that drawing is great ! Improving very well. I think to allow Porsche to be that accessible and affordable would be insane haha. I dont think Porsche would ever create "affordable" cars.
Audi_R8 - I was thinking of doing a hot hatch but to be honest it doesn't make sense to have a Porsche hot hatch. Nice design though, how is a V8 going to fit in that car :-) . Anyways my entry is going to be in soon!

PRODIGY
06-28-2008, 01:54 PM
4.0Turbo...3.4s and a 4.8 V8

Blimey!! And I thought a 1100cc engine was too big for my Porsche hatchback!!

Good looking design. Is it based on the Golf? Looks like it is.

Well done!

-----

Sorry Prodigy mate but the car you suggest is a nightmare for Porsche! Why do they need to go down that lane? Hybrid and diesel power done right is exactly what will keep Porsche going in the future and that is as controversial as it will get for a long while i think. A small car like that makes no sense for Porsche, they got Volkswagen -Seat- Skoda and now Audi for those type of cars, Porsche's should not go down that road. I don't mean to burst your bubble mate, honest! Your drawing is great and wouldn't mind seeing it in production but just not as a Porsche ;). Love the front, its exactly how i would imagine a more youthful Porsche to look like from that perspective:)
Then again...lol..well Lambo has some really SMALL cars used in Italy as police vehicles (or is it the Vatican?) so your Porsche could be perfect for that, haha

Cheers Cosworthkid, yeah I know it dillutes the brand somewhat and I hear what you are saying about the other VW 'brands' that produce small cars already. In it's defence though, if this were the only VW group hatch with a rear engine and RWD then I can (almost) justify this design lol. Maybe i'll re-do my Carretta as a Seat Arosa or Skoda Felicia and post it in the design section.

OMG prodigy!!! you ledgend!!! your skills have improved unbelieveably in such a short period of time!!! your perspective is getting better every sketch and your ideas are wonderful! next time tho, draw some sort of shadow or something under the car~ it looks better lol...

Thankyou! Yeah I usually put shadows on my designs, but I was so impressed at having got the perspective and wheels right this time, that I didn't want to risk messing it up by potentially drawing an unrealistic shadow!

PRODIGY
06-28-2008, 01:56 PM
hahahaha insanity has prevailed here!!! Prodigy you have comitted a cardinal sin!! hahahaha lol as a Porsche purist I would not be impressed with that coming out, however skilss wise that drawing is great ! Improving very well. I think to allow Porsche to be that accessible and affordable would be insane haha. I dont think Porsche would ever create "affordable" cars.
Audi_R8 - I was thinking of doing a hot hatch but to be honest it doesn't make sense to have a Porsche hot hatch. Nice design though, how is a V8 going to fit in that car :-) . Anyways my entry is going to be in soon!

Lol, i'm going to hell for this I know!! Gonna get killed by an army of porsche purists waving burning effigys of my Carretta!! :rofl:

So what is your design mrfdesign? Looking forward to seeing your take on this!

DoMiNo
06-28-2008, 04:58 PM
This definately aint one for the purists, but I envisage it as the ultimate performance city car - a new niche I reckon slotting below the bigger hot hatches.

Do you see other premium automakers jumping on board, or is it just going to compete with Polo GTIs and Brabus Smart ForTwos? :D

That Porsche badge shape behind the front wheels - does that act as the side repeater? Neat little touch.

Interesting line from the bumper/fascia that wraps around the headlights and beneath the hood. Would that be a contrasting colour? I reckon it should be!

Yeah, I sort of copped that side signal idea from the Z4 but it's also a small exit vent (as if more were needed :P) and moreover I wanted some way for this car to be recognizable as a Porsche from the side profile. Like mrfdesign said, in terms of the shape it's very different for Porsche so that could act as a subtle, almost subconscious way to connect that shape with the brand. I wanted it to be very visible.

Just out of interest, you say this car will be $40k, what would its competition in NA be? $40k is about £20k in the Uk, so its competition would be top end MX5s and the BMW z4. We pay more for less over here! :(

One crit - the idea (although a bit smaller and cheaper) is very close to the Cayman and Boxter in shape and spirit. But if it really was $40k then you'd have a sportscar for the masses and a guarenteed icon!

I needed this car to sit on the fence between affordable and premium; sufficiently lower in price than the Cayman/Boxster but higher than MX-5, Solstice, Sky, etc. (especially with options). I suppose 370Z, G37 Coupe, Z4, SLK, and 1er coupe/cabrio are possible competitors in terms of price, though I'd expect the Porsche to handily outperform them. I wanted it to be a fantastic handler with enough power to have a ton of fun but obviously not as much power as, say, a Cayman. The entire philosophy behind this model is a "feeder" car that will lure younger buyers to the brand and get them so hooked that they move on to larger, more powerful Porsche models. In that sense I don't see it as diluting the brand.

Thanks for the comments PRODIGY!

PRODIGY
06-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Do you see other premium automakers jumping on board, or is it just going to compete with Polo GTIs and Brabus Smart ForTwos? :D

Lol, yeah there will be Ferrari jumping on board with the 500 based smalletti, and Bugatti will have a beetle based car just called 'bug'. Then TVR will rise from the ashes with a Rover 25 based car called the 'Typhoo'... :naughty:

Yeah, I sort of copped that side signal idea from the Z4 but it's also a small exit vent (as if more were needed :P) and moreover I wanted some way for this car to be recognizable as a Porsche from the side profile. Like mrfdesign said, in terms of the shape it's very different for Porsche so that could act as a subtle, almost subconscious way to connect that shape with the brand. I wanted it to be very visible.

I needed this car to sit on the fence between affordable and premium; sufficiently lower in price than the Cayman/Boxster but higher than MX-5, Solstice, Sky, etc. (especially with options). I suppose 370Z, G37 Coupe, Z4, SLK, and 1er coupe/cabrio are possible competitors in terms of price, though I'd expect the Porsche to handily outperform them. I wanted it to be a fantastic handler with enough power to have a ton of fun but obviously not as much power as, say, a Cayman. The entire philosophy behind this model is a "feeder" car that will lure younger buyers to the brand and get them so hooked that they move on to larger, more powerful Porsche models. In that sense I don't see it as diluting the brand.

Thanks for the comments PRODIGY!

Cheers for the info! The competition you mention sounds about right, yours would definately wipe the floor with the others.

I got a feeling that this is gonna be one hell of a contest. Props to the future for the idea!!

DoMiNo
06-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Lol, yeah there will be Ferrari jumping on board with the 500 based smalletti, and Bugatti will have a beetle based car just called 'bug'. Then TVR will rise from the ashes with a Rover 25 based car called the 'Typhoo'... :naughty:

LOL that's something I'd like to see!

LamboMan
06-29-2008, 09:41 AM
PRODIGY - Really thought over design i must say. You have really put your mind and heart into it! Excellent design! And irrespective of what people say its a really good concept and could surely save Porsche.

Audi_R8 - Very good render and the car looks really good too!

PRODIGY
06-29-2008, 09:48 AM
PRODIGY - Really thought over design i must say. You have really put your mind and heart into it! Excellent design! And irrespective of what people say its a really good concept and could surely save Porsche.

Thankyou LamboMan! Very much appreciated!!

Are you entering this one?

LamboMan
06-29-2008, 09:53 AM
Hi PRO! Yes i am.....but i wont be able to get an entry in anytime soon...just too much work on my head! :sad2:

BryanRW
06-29-2008, 09:59 AM
''Audi_R8 - Very good render and the car looks really good too! ''

Thanks Lambo Man:):vroomcar::vroomcar:

PRODIGY
06-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Hi PRO! Yes i am.....but i wont be able to get an entry in anytime soon...just too much work on my head! :sad2:

Well I hope you can make it before the deadline, i'll be interested to see your take on this! :)

Do what I do, and sketch ideas at work! The bosses may not like it, but they have yet to catch me at it lol :naughty:

Mr. Burns
06-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Wow you guys are really going at it in this one! superb entries so far! But I will say that Domino has even further competition this time with my entry, which has a bit more time spent on it than usual!

mrfdesign
06-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Here is my entry, Dunno really what to call it but i thought Control was not bad. The car is basically a rival to BMW's X6. Control is 4 wheel drive and it's SUV proportions are fused with super car like lines. It shares the Cayenne's engine range including the top of the line powerplant found in the Cayenne GTS. The Control Turbo is pictured here with it's massive optional 20" Rims. It's daring proportions and aggressive stance and potential put the Control right up to the fore in the performance SUV segmant which is growing very well. This Porsche has been designed to give it's driver the joys of a 911 in terms of performance and the leisure and conveniance of the Cayenne's space and versatility. Control is the new niche for Porsche.
haha i thought I'd also be slightly controversial, however I really didnt want to fall from Porsche's prestigiousness. I hope you like!!!!

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/5012/porschesupersuvek2.jpg

LamboMan
06-29-2008, 07:18 PM
Wow man ! :shock2: Fabulous n amazing! :thumbsup: Superb render, fantastic sketching and what a concept! Your porsche crossover is one concept that will surely win over the purists! As i said earlier to PRODIGY, its the new and different concepts that will save Porsche and yours will really rule the crossover roost. BTW on Porsche's official site, in the models section, they have shown the four models and written "Four interpretations of one idea. The Porsche models." Now we can be sure that they really need more ideas, like yours!! :lol: Anyway the rims are really neat too. And i love the pointy nose and the lights.
Now with the crit - Its got a front fascia that shouts porsche but the rest doesn't all that much. I mean that the side profile is great in itself but it could really do with something like side air intakes like those on the the Cayman or Boxter. But then again, maybe im wrong! Most probably its good the way it is.
One more thing - the greenhouse is a bit too low and the windows a bit too small, but then thats exactly how the Pro designers do it when they make their concept sketches and it does look real cool! :cool: So props to you man. Anyway dont go by my crit coz i know im not a patch on you guys. I cant make such amazing renders even in my dreams.:grintoothless: So im gonna request you(like i requested Domino) to PLEASE put up a tutorial of Photoshop or whatever it is that you're using. Coz i gotta learn how to render like that!:)

mrfdesign
06-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Thanks my man! Well yes the side profile lacks air intakes because it's front engined and the front intakes are large enough for the job, and plus i dunno what a crossover would look like with air intakes ;-) . With regard to the flattish roof , your right it's basically a technique to make the car look REALLY sleek, of course in real life it would be taller, however in trying to rleay the message accross that this car means business - BIG rims, SLEEK profile and anything else such as coloring ,shading etc etc all these help in bringing out a design. It's like adding spice to a dish hahaha. Im really looking forward to what everyone else churns out. To be honest i nearly did a Carrera GT replacement but thought it will be common... I was terribly wrong!

emotive
06-30-2008, 12:40 PM
NOOOOOO!!!! You just designed the Mercedes R class!!! The render is excellent tho...

BryanRW
06-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Just Re-Posting A Bigger Image.
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/741/porschecartagenasx9.th.jpg (http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=porschecartagenasx9.jpg)

LamboMan
06-30-2008, 01:31 PM
PRODIGY -

Do what I do, and sketch ideas at work! The bosses may not like it, but they have yet to catch me at it lol :naughty:

HaHa! I think you've misunderstood. Im just 16 and i was talkin about school work! :lol:

Mrfdesign - As Opp-Lock said, the side profile does look like the Mercedes, so i guess thats why i suggested you add air intakes. I knew that your design is front engined and i meant for the intakes to cool the rear brakes( please correct me if im wrong here). Actually i wanted to say all this in my earlier post but it just slipped my mind.Cheers!:beer:

LamboMan
06-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Wow Audi _R8 ! That is one BIG image lol :lol: It does bring out the finer details though! Really good job on the details. Perfectly proportioned vehicle. I like the lights and especially the badge and name on the rear.:thumbsup: What software did you use BTW??

BryanRW
06-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Wow Audi _R8 ! That is one BIG image lol :lol: It does bring out the finer details though! Really good job on the details. Perfectly proportioned vehicle. I like the lights and especially the badge and name on the rear.:thumbsup: What software did you use BTW??

I only use MS Paint

mrfdesign
06-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Lol ! Noooo ! Dude I'l be honest i just looked at the R-class and realise my lights are quite similar but thats about it ! My profile is more SUV with sports car than station wagon style Haha. But i see where u found a similarity - but only in the headlights. I must say i never even looked at an R-class when drawing it, i simply looked over the new 911 facelift an cayennes. For the lights i drew the classic frog eye round light then added a slanted halogen light to the inner part of the cluster. Anyways i hope that doesnt turn ppl off :( ! Audi_R8 do u take like another blueprint of a car then erase its lights , body creases etc etc and add your own or do u draw that whole car on MS paint because if you do you have a sh!t load of patience Hahaha i remember trying to draw cars on paint when i was like 12, it was relatively impossible :) Haha

BryanRW
06-30-2008, 04:32 PM
I use the Blueprint of a car and erase the lights ect..shorten or lengthen it.

In this Case I used a Golf R32.

emotive
07-01-2008, 12:50 AM
LOL mrfdesign i know u didnt copy! my designs turn out looking like other cars sometimes too! and i also tried to do a MS Paint when i got into car design like 2 years ago (12) and it took me soooooo long!!! now i look at it and i think what the hell was i thinking? LOL!

AXIS
07-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Porsche Cadence

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/hellospaceboy/Cadence.jpg

A Cadence is defined as a balanced, rhythmic flow moving to a harmonic close, point of rest, or sense of resolution.
The all new Porsche Cadence harmonizes the form and function of a sports coupe and brings that philosophy
to a practical resolution in the form of a four door sports sedan.

With all intentions of chasing after the BMW 3 series and Lexus IS, the Cadence will serve as the new volume seller in the Porsche lineup. Riding on a shortened Panemara platform and powered by a 3.4litre, 6-cylinder boxer engine generating 295hp. Maximum torque of 251lb-ft is available between 4,400 and 6,000 rpm.
0-60 in just 5.4 seconds and a top track speed of 171mph. This tremendous power is applied with precision through a six-speed manual gearbox
or optional Tiptronic S. Staying true to Porsche's heritage the Cadence is designed for elegance as well as speed.

Well here goes my entry, I feel like I have come full circle now, considering that one of my first renders (almost four years ago) was dubbed Cadence for the Porsche Sedan Design Contest.

PRODIGY
07-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Now this is a great idea. Some may argue that chasing BMW 3 series sales would dilute the brand, but done right this could be a very profitable car for Porsche. I think your design has the right shape. Much better than the blobby Panamera, plus I like the name - Panamera sounds like a airline to me lol.

crits: the front end, not sure what it is, but something about it just doesn't do it for me. Maybe it's all the brushed alluminium? The other crit which I find with a lot of your designs, is that the wheelbase seems to be too stretched. Wheels on each corner work on a small hatchback, but on a car this size it just looks like the car would get grounded in multi-storey car parks when the front wheels are up the ramp but the back wheels are not - the body work looks like it would scrape on the ground.

But please don't take that crit on board too much, it's a great design and a great idea!

The Stylist
07-04-2008, 12:50 AM
Porsche Cayroad.

* Segment Position: Four door Crossover coupe.
* Competitors: BMW X6
* Engine: 4.4L Twin Turbo V8
* Styling: Blobby
* Practicality: None

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/jdesign/PorscheCUV.jpg

DoMiNo
07-04-2008, 03:52 AM
Man, the great entries just keep coming!!!

mrfdesign - Beautiful drawing and render. It was clear from your earlier comments that you preferred to maintain Porsche's signature styling cues, and you've done that here to very good effect. I struggled at first figuring out how this fit into the lineup, but after reading your description it makes a bit more sense. The sketch is clearly exaggerated--the sides are massive and the windows tiny--but it's clear you were going more for style than practicality to begin with. The front looks chopped off; it could have been that you ran out of paper (happens to me sometimes) but it is quite abrupt. Cool vehicle.

Audi_R8 - Another Porsche hatchback :D Very interesting concept, but the Golf influences are a little too obvious IMO. The front is nicely thought-out but the rear is a bit bland, and I don't like the triple exhausts. You have terrific ideas and I'd like to see more detail and perhaps some more perspective drawings from time to time. Nice work, if perhaps unfeasible ;)

AXIS - A super sleek ride; I frankly love the idea of a "four-door coupe" down in this segment and, in terms of the type/layout I think this is perhaps the most compelling design so far. I agree that your wheelbase is stretched too far, and the rear wheel perspective seems off somehow. But the car as a whole is well-proportioned and unmistakably Porsche... what I wish the Panamera would be. I don't like the VW-esque silver snout, though, it just seems a bit too much.

The Stylist - Yet another publication-quality render from you, I still don't know how you do it. There are echoes of mrfdesign's Control in the body style but with a bit more of an Audi Allroad feel. You also chose to remain within the traditional Porsche design language but you still manage to keep it fresh; for instance the lower intakes, which I love. I understand the intent, though I'd enjoy it a lot more without the gray cladding, and there is something a little awkward (in a Panamera sort of way, so maybe it was also intentional) with the roofline. Superb, inspirational, photo-quality piece of work, but I wouldn't buy one ;) Love the description, btw.

Fantastic stuff, guys!! Keep em coming!

taskbearer
07-04-2008, 05:20 AM
This contest looks like its heating up and I could not resist. Great entries so far.

Porsche Ronin

Porsche is pushing its heritage to yet another level. The Ronin is Porsche's answer to increasing CO2 regulation. Yet it retains its true Porsche DNA of performance and handling. This is achieved by using an all aluminum chassis and dimensions similar to a lotus elise thereby achieving a kerb weight of 818kg(1800lbs). Power is provided by two mid mounted versions of VW's award wining TFSi 1.4L engine. the regular one putting out 170hp and a high power version putting out 200hp. This would give the little beast the similar power to weight ratio of a 911 carera and still return 39mpg and 35 mpg respectively.

This is true a unrestrained master-less warrior.
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p83/taskbearer/porsche_ronin_small.jpg

The Stylist
07-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Taskbearer, that looks great. I'm very impressed to see that you have managed to create a surface language that is different yet still has Porsche heritage in the look.

DoMiNo, thanks for the feedback. I couldn't agree more about the awkwardness, the roofline looks a bit soft, and as a result it has lost a bit of Porsche DNA there. The overall design of the car could work better if I had made the front more SUV like, where at the moment it looks too close to the 911.

mrfdesign
07-04-2008, 02:00 PM
AXIS - Excellent render, love the color. As Domino pointed out, your wheel placement is throwing your design off a bit, try making your wheelbases shorter and work on your perspective in terms of your wheels angles and the front of your car. Nice idea, although is kind of going in a similar direction to the Panamera.

The Stylist - Once again top render, haha i see you, too , thought it would be good to go head to head with the X6, however your car is more of a station wagon than a SUV/Coupe, I must say it's very Porsche in terms of design language. Do you use Photoshop to render? How long does it usually take you to render? Because woth the amount of detail that goes into your renders it must take in excess of 4-5 hours maybe more? Lol i dont have the patience !!

Taskbearer - Very nice, it holds a certain appeal and keeps the Porsche ''exclusivity'' intact. It's like a small little pocket speedster. Would this be some sort of limited production car ? (I hope so as it makes it FAR more appealing) The rear is especially sexy. Props to you! It's one of my more preferred entries

NelsonDesign
07-05-2008, 05:07 AM
Although a Porsche sedan would be controversial, the point of the contest was to design the next icon for Porsche and that is what I did. Einzig basically means unique in German, hence the sedan feature. Tell me what you think about it.

Mr. Burns
07-05-2008, 05:36 AM
Haha maybe I should just give up!

LamboMan
07-05-2008, 07:46 PM
WOW!! Superb entries!

Mr. Burns
07-10-2008, 04:07 AM
Well guys, this is all I've got time for unfortunately. It's supposed to be a two door off road coupe, for the wealthy youngsters who like the track as much as they do the great out doors but don't have a family yet:
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg107/SNDesign_2007/Picture8-4.png

As you can see, I was inspired by stylist's rendering! I hope he doesn't mind.

I hope you like!

The Stylist
07-10-2008, 06:46 AM
As you can see, I was inspired by stylist's rendering! I hope he doesn't mind.

I hope you like!

Haha, I don't mind at all. Your render looks fantastic, and I like your unique surface language that departs from Porsche tradition.

PRODIGY
07-10-2008, 04:28 PM
* Practicality: None

Haha brilliant!

Great entries!

mrfdesign - already commented on yours in your separate thread.

The Stylist - As i've come to expect with your designs, the execution is flawless. Such good drawing and rendering skills. The design is cool, but for me it hasn't got the x factor.

Taskbearer - WOW! Love it! a new model from Porsche that wouldn't tout controversy. Brilliant drawing, render and idea.

NelsonDesign - your pic isn't working for me at the moment, but that could be the PC i'm using.

Mr Burns - Very cool design, great render and great idea.

This contest is gonna be so hard to vote for. So many excellent designs to choose from!

Mr. Burns
07-10-2008, 08:25 PM
My comments:

DoMiNo~ Sweet stuff as always, really nice sketches. The design is very cool, though it didn't scream porsche to me at first glance. Actually the front end reminds me more of Saturn than porsche, but the rear is definitely pure porsche! Don't want to meet that at a stop light!

PRODIGY~ LOVE the idea! It's definitely a Porsche from all angles, but you've managed to create that in a small car, which is great! Front end is my favorite view! Great sketches as well, nice perspective and proportion. But the linework needs more confidence!

Audi_R8~ Nice renderings but the design looks a tad too generic from the profile, and even the rear. I think it would have been better had you incorporated some of the porsche cues, like the rear hips into your design. Front view is pure porsche though, but with a nice aggressive twist!

mrfdesign~ A little impractical from my view but love the design, low roof and high beltline gives it a real athletic stance. Nice idea as well, not too far from mine. The rendering kicks ass too, but would have liked some more sharper reflections on the hood or the like!

Axis~ Very futuristic looking car, love the grill and bottom front air intakes. The profile is very sleek and the whole design certainly has a nice flow to it. Not sure what's happening above the rear wheel though. Great rendering as always!

The Stylist~ If I can ever learn to render like you, I'd be the proudest kid on earth! But for now I guess I can just learn a lot from it! Love the design as well. The whole car looks like it has just leapt out of the garage and into the open road, what with the dynamic roofline and sexy rear hips! Love everything about it! even the color!

taskbearer~ stunningly simple yet effective render! Looks like a fighter plane in car cloths! Love the innovative windshield design and the cab forward stance, the front end too looks unique but still like a porsche! I would love to see this one race against Domino's entry! Superb!

NelsonDesign~ Great sketch but the design is looking a little generic from my point of view, I think you should be a little more adventurous with your work. I would also like to see some of the porsche design cues work their way into your design, like in the roofline or the rear hips. Keep at it!

emotive
07-11-2008, 02:19 AM
Excellent entries guys! Here is my entry... dunno how it will stand against all the other entries tho~ ;)

After the initial shock of learning that they would have to design something completely different from all of their other vehicles, the design team at Porsche came up with a new car to challenge the upcoming Ferrari California. Based on a new front mid-engine, rear-wheel drive layout, it will employ either a 2.0L GDi turbo I-4 producing 220hp for the base model, a twin-turbo variant of the same engine producing 245hp for the mid-range S and the limited production RS will have an enhanced version of the twin-turbo packing in an incredible 310hp. The Turbo and the Turbo S will have a 7,800rpm redline, while the RS will be able to rev up to 8,400rpm. As a result of the engine choices, the new baby Porsche will simply be called the Porsche Turbo.
Shown below is the RS variant, without any decals...

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/6295/porscheturborscr5.jpg

Yeah... It's the first marker render from me (if you don't count the practice render I did) so go easy on me :P Nah C&C APPRECIATED!!!

AXIS
07-11-2008, 03:39 AM
its going to be really hard to pick just four entries when voting comes around everyone really stepped it up for this contest.

ElementW
07-11-2008, 04:27 AM
That looks IMPRESSIVE, Mr.Burns! An awesome departure from the traditional.

PRODIGY
07-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Opp-lock: WOW! Yet another brilliant entry!!

~DoMiNo - is there any way (due to the high volume of entries) that we can vote for more than 4 people in this one?

mrfdesign
07-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Wow literally every entry is decent!!! Well done guys!

LamboMan
07-12-2008, 08:49 AM
10....9....8....7....6....5....4....3....2....WAIT !! Wait dont close it! Here's my entry! I made it in time!! :woot2::P Ok so here is my entry...basically inspired by the Panamera. But i've tried to make it as different as possible! Its a front engined sports coupe. I didn't have time to make the rims so i just left them. This has got to be the fastest i've ever sketched- the whole thing took me a little over 2 hours....whereas i used to take days earlier! :woot2: I hope u guys like it! :) Pls C+C!
My scanner software was not working properly so the lines have become a little jagged during the resizing.>:(

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/7ed0ce920c.jpg

DoMiNo
07-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Ahhh they keep coming! Great entries all!! Hopefully I can comment in more detail later, but this is maybe the most intense competition we've had!

I'm running out the door right now but I will close the contest and open the voting as soon as I get home today.

Thanks, sorry for the delay!

the future
07-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Well guys, I'm back from vacations in St Tropez, and my impressions from the Côte d'Azur supported me in my decision about what shall be my entry in this design contest: Porsche is undoubtedly one of the most renowned sports cars manufacturers. But when it comes to compare their models to the competition from Ferrari, Lamborghini or Aston Martin, there is lacking something. As well-engineered the Porsche 911 Turbo may be, it just doesn't have the same show effect with its narrow-chested look. I want more. Despite all concerns about environnement, sales of luxury cars are still very high. Here is the result of my considerations:

http://mitglied.lycos.de/vikingdesign/the%20future%20porsche%201.jpg

Porsche concept Caribe competes agains Ferrari 599 GTB and Lamborghini Murciélago. It wouldn't be a Porsche if it had not a particular technical layout. One of these four layouts will made it to production:

http://mitglied.lycos.de/vikingdesign/the%20future%20porsche%202.jpg

Porsche has the leadership in brake technology. The latest example are the wheels of Porsche concept Caribe: The ring shaped brake discs are mounted on the rims instead on the wheel hubs, which allows to increase the area where the brake calipers catch grip. Also, less brake force is needed the further away from the hub the brake force is exerted. The result are extremely short braking distances. Porsche concept Caribe's brake discs will be available in magnesium or ceramic as an option. (concept by Buell motorcycles)

http://mitglied.lycos.de/vikingdesign/the%20future%20porsche%204.jpg

Porsche concept Caribe will replace Porsche 911 Turbo. The following names are considered: "Porsche Caribe" - "Porsche 911 Caribe" - "Porsche Turbo"

http://mitglied.lycos.de/vikingdesign/the%20future%20porsche%203.jpg
[design contest entry]

david57200
07-13-2008, 01:30 AM
Hi guy you have some problems with your wheels I think but I'm impressed by the quality of your work=> exterior design , motor, and compatibility with the older cars of porsche.

PS: I am french was saint-tropez nice? Welcome in France ;)

the future
07-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Hi david57200, I didn't have too many time yesterday to draw the wheels nicely. But with the small detail sketch you can imagine how they would look on the 3/4 view drawing.

Saint Tropez was really nice. I was there for scuba diving, so we visited the town only on a few evenings. Once, there were three Rolls Royce Drophead Coupes, three Porsche Carrera GT, a Lamborghini Murciélago and two Ferrari F430 at a time. Many yachts were way too pimped up, and the people inside them even more. But really striking was the Wally Power we discovered!

DoMiNo
07-13-2008, 04:38 PM
***CONTEST CLOSED***

Bravo, everyone! Incredible participation and amazing entries! Voting will be up shortly, good luck to all!!

DoMiNo
07-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Well first off, a huge thank you to all participants. It's fantastic when we get this level of participation and it makes it more fun for everyone. The entries were all top-notch, everyone really raised the bar and the range of concepts was very impressive. Designing a new Porsche is a daunting task and it was cool to see the vastly differing directions that everyone chose to take.

Now it's time to vote on the concept you feel best fits the contest criteria. For the sake of consistency voting rules will remain the same, i.e. ten votes spread among your four favorite entries. If you are unfamiliar with the voting procedures or have other questions please refer to the contest rules here (http://www.carspyshots.net/showthread.php?t=2363).

As always, try to put some thought into your votes. If necessary, refer back to the entrants' individual descriptions in the contest thread to get more insight into their respective concepts. And as always, comments/explanation are welcome along with your votes.

But the more votes the better! If you did not enter and are just passing through, please take a couple of minutes to look these designs over and lend your feedback. Voting is, as always, open to all.

Here are the entries in the order received (sorry, no gallery):

DoMiNo - Porsche Targa Florio
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8008/dominodm3.th.jpg (http://img411.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dominodm3.jpg)

PRODIGY - Porsche Carretta
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/7472/prodigy1qh6.th.jpg (http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=prodigy1qh6.jpg)
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8257/prodigy2yz0.th.jpg (http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=prodigy2yz0.jpg)

mrfdesign - Porsche Control
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/4313/mrfdesignzz8.th.jpg (http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mrfdesignzz8.jpg)

Audi_R8 - Porsche Cartagena
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/2314/audir8at9.th.jpg (http://img383.imageshack.us/my.php?image=audir8at9.jpg)

AXIS - Porsche Cadence
http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/4151/axiscm6.th.jpg (http://img93.imageshack.us/my.php?image=axiscm6.jpg)

The Stylist - Porsche Cayroad
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/2965/thestylistvl6.th.jpg (http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thestylistvl6.jpg)

taskbearer - Porsche Ronin
http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/2918/taskbearerrn4.th.jpg (http://img386.imageshack.us/my.php?image=taskbearerrn4.jpg)

NelsonDesign - Porsche Einzig
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5750/nelsondesigntw6.th.jpg (http://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nelsondesigntw6.jpg)

Mr. Burns - Porsche off-road coupe
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/1218/mrburnsez0.th.png (http://img375.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mrburnsez0.png)

Opp-Lock - Porsche Turbo
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/2870/opplockhj0.th.jpg (http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=opplockhj0.jpg)

LamboMan - Porsche 4-door coupe
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/174/lambomanym7.th.jpg (http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lambomanym7.jpg)

the future - Porsche concept Caribe
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/4874/thefuturerx6.th.jpg (http://img411.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thefuturerx6.jpg)
http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/3177/thefuture2sj2.th.jpg (http://img368.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thefuture2sj2.jpg)

Finally: good luck everyone! I am just so impressed with the quality of the entries, thanks for doing your part to make this a great contest.

Please notify me via PM of any omissions or broken links. Thanks all!

2o6
07-13-2008, 06:22 PM
4- Mr. Burns. I could see this slotting nicely below the Cayenne.

3- DoMiNo, love the details on the car, but the front end looks funky.

2 - Prodigy. I love the idea of an UP! based porsche,I was going to do one, but time and a mind block wouldn't let me :( , but I feel as there is too much UP! in the mix. I do love the porsche details, however.

1 - Axis. I love the idea of Porsche going after the 3-series, A4, and C-class. The render is good too. However, it looks too stretched, and has economy car preportions.

Great job, everyone!

PRODIGY
07-13-2008, 06:23 PM
Oh god, I knew this day was near.

Having to choose between these entries is like trying to choose between Christina Aguilera, Angelina Jolie or Pammy Anderson as you choice of date.

But, i've managed to pick 4 favourite ideas. I've tried not to vote on a presentation aspect, and chosen the ones I have for their respective ideas and how well they fit the brief. Obviously design comes into it too - there were a couple that I thought didn't move away enough from the 911 styling wise. Anyway....

3 - Taskbearer - This is the perfect way for Porsche to bring out another iconic 'brand' like the 911. It evokes the old Porsche speedsters and 356's. Not sure about the name, but I love the car. And you've drawn it soo well too. Well done!

3 - Mr. Burns - I'm personally not too keen on the detailing, and the fascia, but the shape and idea are spot on. This is a more relevant new niche than to copy BMW with a 5dr X6 rival, I like the fact that this is way more of an SUV coupe than the X6. The sides are pure Porsche but with an interesting twist. You've also done a top rendering on this. Well done!

2 - DoMiNo - No need to say anything about your brilliant skills, you know I have mad respect for that lol, but I like this idea of an entry level Porsche. I'd definately save up my money for this if it was real. This would steal loads of sales from slightly more affordable rivals. It would be a smart move for Porsche if they gave you a call right now and asked if they can use this design. As with Taskbearers entry, i'm not too keen on the name... it's very un-german, and the shortened version 'TF' brings the MG TF to mind, which i'm sure owners of this wouldn't be too happy about. Well done though, cracking entry!

2 - mrfdesign - I'll assume that if this were to become a reality that the windows and roofline would be more upright and practical, and then you'd have an X6 rival with bags more style. I don't like the front much, looks far too happy if you know what I mean.. If I were driving one of these I'd want a front end that scared the living sh!t out of anyone who sees me in their rear view mirror! Another cool entry though, well done!

The rest....

As mentioned above, choosing was like choosing between sexy hollywood celebs to go out on a date with. But like how i'd choose Aguilera over Angelina, i've chosen the others over yours... still great, but i've had to choose unfortunately.

Audi_R8 - Great design, similar idea to mine in many ways. However, I see too much Golf in this. Even the rear lights are very VW. Mine was based on the UP! but I tried to fit as many Porsche cues into it as possible, I see you've tried to move on Porsches look, which would be great on a sportscar, but IMO if Porsche were going to bring out a very un-porsche like model, it needs to shout 'Porsche' very loudly. Top effort though!

AXIS - great effort, and very nearly got a vote off me. Like the idea, but I don't think there is room for 2 Porsche sedans. That front end is a bit odd too in my eyes, but I love the rest of the design.

The Stylist - If this contest was about skills and ability alone, then you'd walk away victorious. But it isn't, and for me this design just doesn't cut it. It's a great idea, but I think mrfdesign and Mr burns nailed it. This looks like a cross between a 911 and a Panamera on stilts. Great design, but not different enough for my tastes.

NelsonDesign - Your skills are improving a lot, but your design is too similar to the Panamera in concept. This does look better than the bloated Panamera, so props for that!

Opp-Lock - Very tidy design, and I love the front end. It manages to be different from other Porsches, but instantly recognisable as a Porsche. At the sides though, it has a sort of Japanese look IMO. Like a cross between a Celica and a Genesis coupe almost. The drawing and render are top notch, and it's a great idea (like DoMs) to have an entry level Porsche coupe.

LamboMan - another sedan that looks better than the Panamera, but as I said with Axis's entry - is there room for 2 Porsche sedans? The front end is just about different enough from other Porsches, but i'm not so keen on the swoopy side lines.. bit too much Audi A5/Renault Laguna. Favorite parts are the shape and the intakes on the front bumper. Top effort!!

the future - It's a very neat idea separating the 911 turbo from the 911, and this reminds me of Aston with the DB9 based DBS. I love the front lights, and the general shape (even if it is basically like a 911), but i'm not keen on the high back end and the back lights look like the sun glasses that surfers wear. I guess this would be like the moden day 959, and I would have linked it more with that model styling wise personally.
Cool idea and well done!

Phew.. sorry to all those that didn't get votes!

Ascariss
07-13-2008, 06:54 PM
mr burns - 4

mrfdesign - 2

Opp-Lock - 2

The Stylist - 2

lots of great entries in this round, difficult idea as well.

taskbearer
07-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Wow!! what a contest. Making a decision is even harder than picking a design for this contest. Kudos to all the participants this has beat the jaguar XJ contest for the level of competition. Biggest part was all the entrants were on time and there was no extension.

After much review of the works, I had to use a criteria like they do on those car and driver comparo test as it was too hard to just pick 4 out of a great bunch. My criteria was based on concept/design, Porsche DNA, and icon factor (in relation to design brief). drum roll please and the winners are

3 - the future - What a glorious design. It has the subtlety that is expected of a Porsche and a new yet inline interpretation of the Porsche design. This would be a great successor to the 959 and could sit as a carrera GT coupe counterpart like cayman and boxter. The taillights is not to my liking though as it reminds me of Mazda RX7 than a Porsche.

3 - Prodigy - If this contest was idea alone this entry takes it all. It seems so smart that a Porsche would be based on a VW UP. Done right and people would be willing to pay above mini cooper cash for a Porsche badge on such a car. The Porsche details are sweet. My only beef is that it was not adventurous enough to separate it from the pack. It came out looking like a Renault twingo sport.

2 - DoMino - Another great sketch from the master. the design part was on point. I like the front treatment and rear lights. even though the overall shape has some Pontiac solstice to it, the details does come out as Porsche, that was where the problem came as porches are known for their unpretentious silhouettes from the boxter right up to the ugly cayenne.

2-AXIS - such a clean design. The shape is purposeful and the front end is refreshing. An icon in the making. Worth welcoming an M3 or RS4 rival in the clothes of Porsche. The wheelbase is too long though as it is with most of your designs.

That was one of the hardest decision I've made in a while.
for the others that did not make the list I'll say a few words...

mrfdesign - It was close between this, Mr. Burns, and the stylist as both were so similar in concept, but I went for axis because of the a supersedan that looked more appealing than the upcoming panamera was irresistible. I do like the headlights on this and even if it has some Mercedes R-class in it, It does poses a good Porsche identity.

Audi_R8 - great idea, but the design looked no different from a regular hot hatch. To sell the idea of a Porsche hatchback would be hard too as there are so many capable alternatives that pricing would be problematic it might also hurt the image.

the stylist first off what a fantastic render. The design is what the cayene should have been. and the front lights are true porsche. This would be a product that even 911 fans would appreciate. One fault is the conservativeness of the design. a little more aggression would help.

nelson design - very simple design, Clean, but does not have its own identity. a little focus on putting some verve into it would be a good way to improve on it.

Mr. BurnsAnother great render and one that made the decision making even harder. It came down to the wire between this and AXIS. this design has a great Porsche DNA and the concept is more inline with porches. An SUV coupe is something that could become as memorable as a 911

Opp-lock Great sketch, but the design did not say Porsche to me. maybe for some other brand. It was hard to point the porches in it. The sketch on the other hand was spot on front proportion to execution.

Lamboman The best part of this design was the front end a very clever propagation of porches DNA into the grille, bumper and headlights. The side and rear though were at odds with the rest of the car. although a mid engine sedan is not far from a true Porsche concept.

Once again great contest and good luck to everyone.

The Stylist
07-14-2008, 01:47 AM
4: Opp-Lock
3: Mr. Burns
2: DoMiNo
1: taskbearer

swizzle
07-14-2008, 02:55 PM
While all of the designs show real talent, none of them truly hit the sweet spot with me which just illustrates how difficult it is to create a new Porsche. What I did appreciate what the attempt by some to get rid of the mandate that all Porsches must be 911 caricatures. That said, the new faces borrowed too much.

In giving critique, I fully acknowledge that I do not possess this level of talent.

First Place: The one that stood out for me was the Caribe. It had the best flow and seemed quite believable as a Porsche, but I would have preferred a less Nissan Maxima nose.

Second Place: Cayroad: if the roof line had been a true station wagon line as opposed to the downward swoop, this would have been my vote for the slam-dunk winner. A Porsche station wagon makes more sense than the Cayenne to me.

Third Place: Caretta: good looking but would conflict the VW/Audi products so I cannot envision it going to the production stage.

Honorable mentions:

Targa Florio: nose is busy...simplify it and it would work better.

Control: the proportions are too exaggerated to truly envision what the production car would look like. It has major potential to result in something that would wow. Yes I know that concept sketches are usually interpretive to give the emotion of the vehicle--and yours certainly does that--but I would need to see the production ready version to make the decision. It has language in it that Porsche should study.

Cadence: good attempt at a different Porsche nose the rear droops and yes I know the 911 has a classic droop, but a wedge would have made this design sing in my opinion.

StevenZoz
07-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Opp-Lock- 4

The Stylist- 3

DoMiNo- 2

the future- 1

swizzle
07-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Sorry forgot the points...

First Place (5 points): Caribe

Second Place (4 points): Cayroad

Third Place (1 point): Caretta

NelsonDesign
07-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Wow this is really hard to pick the first entries. Everyone did great!

4- Opp- Lock, very nice stance and design. It might be a bit too crowded with lines and details but it looks great!

3- Domino, looks great, nice smooth lines, not too many complexities, it looks really nice.

2- The Stylist, looks sooo much better than the current cayenne. Very nice

1- LamboMan, Looks a lot better than the Panamera. Good Job! Woulda looked better with rims but that's okay.

To all others: It seems like everyone did great! To Mrf and AXIS: You guys should ABSOLUTELY make sure that your sketches are good before you move onto the digital stuff. Proportions and perspectives are off. But nice designs

mrfdesign
07-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Here my votes

Mr.Burns - 4
Taskbearer - 3
Opp-Lock - 2
DoMiNo - 1

to the rest of u , well done on all entries, best contest we've had so far. NelsonDesign - my sketch was good enough to render? No real issues in it beside possibly the front being slightly short. Axis's drawing also is good enough ?

AXIS
07-15-2008, 12:12 AM
4 - taskbearer
You've managed to create a design that is fresh and iconic, keeeping in tact that classic Porsche aesthetic.

3 - DoMiNo
The front end is a bit busy but besides that the design has a nice clean shape and calls to mind classic Porsche Speedsters.

2 - Mr. Burns
This is what the Cayenne should have been, and your target demographic would no doubt make this a top seller.

1 - PRODIGY
The day Porsche rebadges a VW model, that model will instantly rocket to iconic status.
Interesting take on the objective and great job on the design.

pretty tough contest great job everyone.

Audi_R8 - Perhaps you should step away from the computer and give a go at sketching an original idea.

mrfdesign & The Stylist - Great entries, however these models seem a bit redundant considering the Cayenne does a good enough job competing with the X6.

the future
07-15-2008, 08:45 PM
When I proposed this topic for a contest, I wondered what kind of cars we would see as entries. In my opinion, Porsche already has enough of non-sportscar automobiles (1 sportscar, 1 roadster, 1 SUV, 1 limousine), so any next Porsche should be a coupe with 2 doors.
When I look at the entries, it seems that Porsche is already accepted as a "mixed bag brand": Amongst the 12 entries, there are only 4 sportscars. As I can't vote for mine, I had to select one of the 8 alternative concepts.

5 points - taskbearer
I like that you created something unique. In its history, Porsche always came up with exceptional ideas, and you carry on this philosophy. Also, it's quite likely that sportscars are really turning into something like "Ronin" if gas prices remain at the current level. It IS a sportscar (not by excessive power, but by power-weight ratio), it looks like a Porsche (but not like a 911 - well done!) and it looks unique enough to be another Porsche milestone - this has to be my favourite.

2 - DoMiNo
Your original sketch was so cute, like a new 718/RS60. The final entry reminds me more of an Austin Healy Frogeye. I'm also asking myself if building a budget Porsche and extending the production that much would not harm Porsche's image even more. There are some nice details, like the rear bumper or the tank cap.

2 - Opp-Lock
Porsche competing with Ferrari - I like that! But why must the Porsche Turbo have 100 PS less? It's good that you made it look different to the 911, but some cues look a bit too wild to me -the front is quite well, but I don't understand the side.

1 - AXIS
Looks a bit unrealistic with that flat C pillar and that long wheelbase, but if Porsche would have a smaller limousine, then it should have this technique, plus a distinctive styling. This front and this profile do surely point to the right direction. But does Porsche really need a volume seller?

the stylist: really nice headlights, gorgeous rendering! This could have been a fantastic, political correct successor of the Cayenne.
mrfdesign: Nooooo, not another SUV :-))) at least it only has 2 doors
mr. burns: imagine - Porsche would then offer 2 SUVs and 1 limousine. Oh, and 2 sportscars.
audir8: I guess this would be quite expensive, but would the market for a pricy Golf be big enough? And Otherwise, I would like such a compact car very much, you have done beautiful headlights and backlights, and the swoopy window line does also fit well.
prodigy: I'm going crazy! Would Porsche bicycles be the next step? As always, you invented cool details, this time it's the headlights...
nelsondesign: What would separate this from the upcoming Panamera? Ah, I got it: It looks better!
lamboman: Same question, same answer...

LamboMan
07-16-2008, 05:47 AM
mrfdesign - 3
PRODIGY - 3
Domino - 2
Opp-Lock - 2

To the future - Great design, very nicely detailed but it looks more Aston Martin than Porsche....good sketch nonetheless.
To NelsonDesign - Nice sketch, you're getting better everytime! Just one piece of advice....when your trying to draw a new design based on an already established design language of some manufacturer (porsche in this case), always look at some photos showing the different views of their cars and try to undertand and integrate their design cues, in your own way, into your design. Not only will your skill increase but you will also get a better idea of how to draw the different parts of cars accurately and, in time, artistically / ergonomically. You're doin good but try this and you will become better. :thumbsup:

emotive
07-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Hey guys! I was sorta busy with World Youth Day stuff so here are my votes finally...

Dom-3
Stylist-3
Burns-2
Prodigy-2

swizzle
07-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Apparently there is an arbitrary rule that we MUST vote for 4 entries or else. Therefore...

First Place (5 points): Caribe

Second Place (3 points): Cayroad

Third Place (1 point): Caretta

Targa Florio (1 point)

Comrade
07-19-2008, 04:59 AM
Taskbearer 5
Domino 3
The Stylist 1
The Future 1

DoMiNo
07-19-2008, 06:39 PM
3 - Opp-Lock - Perhaps the most successful deviation from the 911 archetype. The face is terrific, the treatment of the rear fender is interesting, the wheels look good, and even the render is great. By far your best work, and a terrific addition to the Porsche lineup in the vein of the old 944.

3 - taskbearer - this is a brilliant concept and a sure sign of where sports car manufacturers will be headed in the future. In this case, less is more; it would be a superlative performer, it would enjoy terrific economy, and it would be affordable (again, relatively speaking). This is exactly the kind of innovation that has made Porsche a leader.

2 - AXIS - Having no qualms myself about Porsche dipping a little more downmarket to pick up sales, I think this is a terrific idea. I personally find the idea of a 3-series-sized Porsche 4-door coupe immensely appealing, especially if it were *decently* affordable (of course that's relative) and maintained that car's razor-sharp handling. The silver face is a little Jetta-esque but the body as a whole is super-sleek and makes a laughingstock of the cumbersome Panamera.

2 - Mr. Burns - I understand it may not have been your intent, but when I saw your (spectacularly rendered) entry my first thought was the rally adaptation of the Porsche 959 (http://www.motorauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/Porsche/959/Porsche_959_Rally_Dakar.jpg). An offroad coupe is not entirely incongruous with Porsche's heritage and this would be the coolest way for the company to get back into rally racing. To me it makes more sense than the Cayenne or Panamera, in terms of fitting in to Porsche's range, and it would have this niche all to itself. I don't like the front bumper, it has a Peugeot 908-esque rabbit tooth look to it; and the squared-off fenders take away from what is otherwise an elegant vehicle considering its type. All in all though, it's a cool-looking car and a neat concept.

Sorry if there's anyone whose design I didn't comment on in the original thread. As many have said, it was so, so hard to choose just four. Everyone did an awesome job.

emotive
07-20-2008, 05:52 AM
Wow thanks so much Domino!!! I feel so honored to receive such a comment from you! You have just made my day/month/year!!!

DoMiNo
07-20-2008, 05:55 PM
Congratulations to all entrants and voters for an extremely successful contest. A lot of enthusiasm, stunning entries all around, and terrific feedback to boot. This was not as easy a topic as it may have seemed on the surface and the results of your brainstorming were fantastic. Thank you all for your thoughtful participation, hopefully we can maintain this momentum going into the next contest.

Here are the results of the voting:

DoMiNo - 29
taskbearer - 24
Mr. Burns - 24
Opp-Lock - 23
The Stylist - 14
PRODIGY - 12
the future - 10
mrfdesign - 7
AXIS - 6
LamboMan - 1
Audi_R8 - 0
NelsonDesign - 0

For my part, thank you all immensely for the votes and feedback :) I was amazed by your entries and honestly didn't expect to pull this one out. This was one hell of a fun contest and the competition (as evidenced by the votes) was fierce. Like I said, I hope we can maintain this level of enthusiasm and participation in both entries and in voting. I will post a poll with some contest options in a bit.

Congratulations to everyone and best of luck in the coming contest!!