PDA

View Full Version : How Ya'll Doing?

JRCarch
02-11-2008, 05:30 AM
Hey Ya'll

My name is Dorian. I have been keeping tabs on this forum for years but only recently did I decide to take the plunge (my very first post here really got me scratching my head). I am a high school senior who lives in a northern Los Angles suburb and will be leaving soon to pursue my dreams of becoming a residential home architect. I am also a car nut (mostly modern designs) and I really love to just drive around.

Since cars are the topic here I felt it necessary to reveal to the forum our odd little garage.

2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE

My Dad’s gigantic, beautiful beast. The Range Rover is brilliantly British and such a great car. We have had a few minor problems with the interior controls but otherwise the car has been flawless. I am never really “encouraged” to drive his car but when I get my hands on the keys … wow.

2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE V8

If I am taking a truckload of people to a concert or to the snow or something, this is the car for the job. It kills me how indifferent to automobiles my mother is – she does not really understand how sublime her Rover is. Not as beautifully finished as the Range but very British and very modern and plenty of grunt (something the above oddly lacks before hitting higher rpm’s and flying away).

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit

My little sister Breck is a new driver as of literal days ago. We just brought her new V-Dub home Friday night so I haven’t really driven it at all but from being inside, it is a very nice car – extremely German inside and a 5-cylinder engine? Ha, I love it.

2005 Mini Copper S JWC

Let me start by letting it be known that my grandmother is 78 years young and a true firecracker. She hardly speaks a lick of English and never really reads road signs but boy can she drive – all four feet and eleven inches of her. Her Mini is so fast it’s crazy. Makes me wonder way her only ticket has been for parking on the wrong side of the road.

2005 Mini Cooper S Convertible

My little beast. Nobody saw it coming when I got this car. People were thinking truck and SUV but when I pulled up to school that first day people were stunned (I think it may have been more the 300+ footballer build pounds and six foot two of me getting out that was surprising). He’s a great car but very small. Still a blast to drive though.

2003 Volkswagen Eurovan MV Weekender

When I leave for Cal Poly San Luis Obispo later this year, I will be doing so in a Metallic Blue delivery van. There is just something about it that I love. I think part of it is the fact I will be paying about seven grand for a car most people bought for well over 30K. Sweet.

1997 Land Rover Defender 90 Soft-Top

This car is what started my love for Land Rovers. This was the first car my parents bought when they came back to America from Morocco and we still have it. Some may think it is a preposterous lump of metal but in reality it is a blast to drive.

So anyway guys and gals, I am glad to now be an official poster on the forum – cant wait to give my two cents.

Dorian

PRODIGY
02-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Hello Dorian, welcome!

A varied selection of rides there! Your gran with her cooper made me laugh.

Hope to discuss cars with you soon!

Ady.

Quattro
02-13-2008, 10:08 PM
hi, & welcome to CSS, you sure have a large collection of cars. the minis sound awsome

Mr. Fusion
02-21-2008, 05:51 PM
Hey Dorian (like the name)
You have an impressive selection of cars in your garage
I will be learning to drive in 3 months time
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay here

PS: You sound intelligent and your English seems excellent...lol, sorry about the random comment

:bandance::D