PDA

View Full Version : Subaru 5 Star Saftey

lewisl
12-16-2007, 06:22 AM
Subaru has become the first automotive company in Australia to achieve maximum independent safety ratings for its entire range of local specification vehicles.

Crash worthiness testing by the Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP) has resulted in the new generation Impreza gaining the top five-star ranking for occupant safety and the top four-star for pedestrian safety making it the second car ever to do so.

Is this true in other countries with similar safety tests?

lewisl
03-24-2008, 01:18 AM
omg, why won't anyone reply. :cryin:

crzyazn
03-24-2008, 08:58 PM
all of the subarus in the states has the five star rating. there's nothing to get too excited about.

all manufacturers will one day achieve a five star crash rating for all their vehicles across the board in the near distant future.

Ascariss
03-24-2008, 09:01 PM
My thought is that in the long run, a lot of cars and manufactuerers will achieve 5 star crash ratings and 5 star ratings will be as common as front airbags are now a days.

PinzVidz
03-25-2008, 04:42 AM
It's a shame their cars are getting uglier in the process... must be that share Toyota have in them?!?

lewisl
03-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Just a reminder, Toyota only owns a small percentage of Fuji Heavy Industries. What was it, 6or 7 %? ;)
Sure the looks have changed but when you start that boxer engine, boy, you'll know it's a Subaru. Trust me, I've had a test drive of the new Impreza. :driving:
all of the subarus in the states has the five star rating. there's nothing to get too excited about.
I'm not excited, I was just wondering if this was true in other countries.
But thanks for getting back to me! :bow:

CosworthKid
03-25-2008, 02:57 PM
My thought is that in the long run, a lot of cars and manufactuerers will achieve 5 star crash ratings and 5 star ratings will be as common as front airbags are now a days.

99.9% of car here get 5 stars, lol. They are thinking of increasing it to 6-7 i think

lewisl
03-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Well, Australia must have a completely different safety testing system. Subaru is the ONLY make in Australia to have all models gaining top 5 star rating. I was reading a magazine and 2 out of the five cars were given 5 star safety ratings.

What I suggest is that someone finds out a safety rating for a random car in their country and then we can compare safety ratings in other countries.

Cousteau
11-28-2008, 06:20 PM
Subaru has 1 four star car in EuroNCAP. Subaru Legacy Outback got 4 stars.

Renault has 11 five star cars.
New Megane got maximum points 37 out of 37, first car ever. Five stars with 37 points

Peugeot has 10 five star cars.
Citroen has 6 five star cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_bvEoao2Ps&feature=related
Safest cars are French.

http://www.euroncap.com/home.aspx
Suppose to be the toughest safety test in the planet since american cars that get 5 stars in US tests only get 3 in european test.

It seems that all Renaults got 5 star in ANCAP test, even those that didn't get 5 in Europe.
http://www.ancap.com.au/results/search/?search_type=makemodel&manufacturer=18

boston
12-01-2008, 12:37 AM
Honda Accord got 5 stars (Front seat)

CRV and Civic 4

Very different testing criterea to the US govt

http://www.euroncap.com/carsearch.aspx?make=cfdece3c-0ed5-47af-8142-b889d8686ee5

Hornbag
12-03-2008, 02:32 AM
ANCAP is well behind the Euro NCAP. I love the Ford Falcon, but take it to Euro NCAP and I bet without those side-curtain airbags it doesn't get Five stars like it did here. Australia will take on these new set of rules (DSC must be standard to get Five Stars etc) so it will get harder.

mick78
12-03-2008, 08:03 AM
ANCAP is well behind the Euro NCAP. I love the Ford Falcon, but take it to Euro NCAP and I bet without those side-curtain airbags it doesn't get Five stars like it did here. Australia will take on these new set of rules (DSC must be standard to get Five Stars etc) so it will get harder.

It would be too easy to make a globalized standard, in terms of take the strictest regulations from EuronCAP, ANCAP, NHTSa, etc. and make one regulation for all - aould also make federalization of cars a lot easier, and not every country would have to crash the same car on their own....

Btw., I do think too that Euro NCAP is by far strictest - cars hardly ever achieve less strars than they did in Euro elsewhere, the other way around, they hardly ever match their home results (like someone said US cars 5 to 3 stars geenrally)