PDA

View Full Version : Bentley Flying Spur Estate

CWW
01-21-2005, 07:48 AM
A quick Estate version of the new Bentley Flying Spur:<p><A HREF="http://www.cwwcardesign.com/cars/bentleyflyingspur.html" TARGET="_blank">Bentley Flying Spur Estate</A><p>Greetings<br>Andr

bm88
01-21-2005, 08:14 AM
The lines carry well to the estate car!<p>Great chop, as usual!

Jake
01-21-2005, 10:00 AM
I hate to say it, but not one of your best. Normally your chops are pretty flawless, technically and aesthetically, but I'm finding the proportions not really doing it for me and the back edge (from the base of the C-pillar down to the bottom of the bumper) is rather featureless. I suppose I feel this estate version lacks some of the grace of the saloon, but I can't put my finger on why...<br>Sorry

CWW
01-21-2005, 10:08 AM
I think the problem is that even the saloon has not much grace. I don't like it, it's not worth to be a Bentley.<p>Greetings<br>Andr

Ascariss
01-21-2005, 10:12 AM
Actually the saloon would work well if it came in SWB form rather than LWB, since the proportions of the LWB car look not right if you ask me.<p>As for the chop, it doesn't look real, unlike your other chops, the D pillar looks odd and doesn't seem bentley enough, and the lines around the rear side window is a bit woobly.

CWW
01-21-2005, 10:15 AM
As I said, the new Flying Spur is not a typical Bentley. No problem to re-brand it, could be an oversized Maserati, Lancia or what ever. So the estate version doesn't really work. Looks a bit lika a Camry wagon...

Ascariss
01-21-2005, 10:23 AM
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>CWW</b> &raquo;</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As I said, the new Flying Spur is not a typical Bentley. No problem to re-brand it, could be an oversized Maserati, Lancia or what ever. So the estate version doesn't really work. Looks a bit lika a Camry wagon...</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Not a typical bentley? The Conti GT is a typical bentley, with new styling and this is just a sedan version of it. Bentley can't stay in the past with it's styling, otherwise it will look dated.